• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

rando14

Dat Smoak speed...

image.php

zroid

Banned
don't really get why you would be worried about Buerhle... I mean you know exactly what you will get with him.
200+ innings
3.5-4.25 ERA
1.2-1.4 WHIP
around a 3 strike out to 1 walk ratio
5 or so hit batters
great defense from the mound
the majority of the runs he will give up will be in the first inning.
and of course... a fast ball that tops out in the low 80s.

He isn't an Ace, but he is a great 3-4th starter. If I recall right though there was a stat a few years back that when it matters Buehrle, really turns it up where his team has won like 65-70% of the games he starts after a losing streak (of 2+ games) I can't find that stat now, but it was in an article about Buehrle being under rated. (which it's always sad how under rated he is given his consistency and two no hitters under his belt)

So many people worry about Buerhle and it makes sense.

You look at him and he's just not sexy, doesn't throw hard, is up there in age but really he gets the job done. People are used to these dudes with cannon arms who overpower batters.

As said above he's not an ace but you know what you're getting from him.

To be clear, I love Buehrle as a pitcher and what he brings. Dude was awesome last year, even though shit started to hit the fan later on in the season, though it wasn't always his fault.

He only worries me because of the hard contact rate. Always feels like guys are going to whack one deep at any second... even when they don't. :lol

calder

Fuck me this is a fun Jays team to watch. Or rather, listen to while at work and sneaking twitter updates.

beckreference.gif

This lineup better be for real because they seem to be for real. Lots of big innings so far and they aren't doing it with just the home run.

Parch

Zaun reading my mind. Gibbons showing a vote of confidence to those who struggle. Pompey can't hit? Put him in the 2 spot. Cecil gets rocked in NY? Get him back in there the next game.

Zaun reading my mind. Gibbons showing a vote of confidence to those who struggle. Pompey can't hit? Put him in the 2 spot. Cecil gets rocked in NY? Get him back in there the next game.

That was a terrible night for Cecil. Weather was shit and the defended were struggling with the elements. I was glad to see Gibbons show confidence in him.

Pompey had me cocerned but putting him in a position to see more fastballs seems to be working.

There's quite a Jays fans here. I wonder how many of us will last here lol

If last year is anything to go by, there'll be a whole bunch of newcomers showing up by the end of May, right as the Jays hit their peak, and then they'll quickly vanish once the injuries start happening.

zroid

Banned
I'm not worried about Cecil. He was put into a bad spot and Martin should've had that wild pitch tbh.

Loup on the other hand...

Opiate

Who is the worst player by WAR over the last 5 years who still has a regular job? I have no idea how to look that up. I don't know of a database that would allow for a search of that type.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Who is the worst player by WAR over the last 5 years who still has a regular job? I have no idea how to look that up. I don't know of a database that would allow for a search of that type.

Search with a minimum set of plate appearances or innings pitched and sort by WAR? Though for relievers you may also need to factor in games appeared.

Baseball reference or Fangraphs should have the data.

Top Bottom