• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

think the doyers have a future leadoff hitter in peraza.. kids got wheels

him and seager up the middle next year? wonder if they keep utley around for 1 more year to platoon and help with the transition

Josh5890

This west trip was a mistake. Nothing but trash.
If we get out with a 4.5 game lead I'll be hyped.

We should've won Wednesday against Peavy. That was the killer in the Giants series. Tonight is the killer in the Dodgers series. Cubs always have sucked on the West Coast. I'd rather play the Cardinals in the playoffs TBH

Infinity

I was at Turner Field tonight in the 200 section, and no one really knew what had happened. Surprisingly, the game did not stop. The crowd was going bananas when A-Rod came up to bat, and as he was being walked, everyone in my section started to look to their left. Keep in mind that the 200 section is quite large, but we could still see the emergency team performing CPR. Shortly after the man was taken away, the security team and Atlanta PD cordoned off the area. I didn't know exactly what had happened until I checked Twitter, but I knew it had to be bad. My wife saw the wires shake for a second, and I guess that was the moment he actually fell. So horribly tragic. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

How many new Jays fans showed up this week? Passed by Rogers Centre right before an Argos game and everyone was wearing new Jays gear.

Leafs have been booted to third rate status.

The Leafs will always be the Leafs. That's why it's taken so long for them to initiate this rebuild. People will pay no matter how bad the team is, so there's never been financial jeopardy to justify a rebuild to the ownership. They line their pockets regardless.

I haven't been to a Leafs game in several years, because I didn't want to waste my money and support the bullshit. I also haven't been to a Jays' game in a while, but it's just because I hate commuting into the city and don't really have people to go with. I'm trying to get one friend to go to a game this week, but he keeps dicking around and won't give me a concrete game to get tickets for. I may just go alone.

I'm a big Leafs fan, and have been a bigger hockey fan than baseball fan throughout my life. But I've been a Jays fan since childhood. I didn't get many of their games when I was younger, but I'd still go to one or two a year when I could.

I don't want to be confused with the bandwagoners.

The Leafs will always be the Leafs. That's why it's taken so long for them to initiate this rebuild. People will pay no matter how bad the team is, so there's never been financial jeopardy to justify a rebuild to the ownership. They line their pockets regardless.

I'm a big Leafs fan, and have been a bigger hockey fan than baseball fan throughout my life. But I've been a Jays fan since childhood. I didn't get many of their games when I was younger, but I'd still go to one or two a year when I could.

Dude I was legit in a state of shock when they finally let Carlyle go. And even more in shock that ya'll landed Babcock. He should fix things quickly if you just let him build HIS team.

That's crazy talk!

Waist high railings make perfect sense at 300 feet above the ground in a concrete structure packed to the brim with people.

Honestly I'm actually kinda surprised this doesn't happen more often, with how low the railings are in most ballparks. And I mean we've all seen the foul ball gifs of people almost falling.

Friend of mine seems convinced the guy was pushed. One account of the incident says there was a fight going on next to the guy.

Source is reddit though.

Quick

Banned
Read about the fan who fell off at Turner Field. RIP.

Anytime I'm at the 500-level seats at the Rogers Centre, I always felt a little shaky when I walk up the steps.

How many new Jays fans showed up this week? Passed by Rogers Centre right before an Argos game and everyone was wearing new Jays gear.

Funny enough, I don't own new Jays gear. I'm still one of the few people that still wear the angry bird jersey to games. I like to think it's a mark of distinction that I've been a fan during the rougher times. lol

But really, it's because I just can't decide on which jersey to get. I also have the powder blue pullover to wear.

Read about the fan who fell off at Turner Field. RIP.

Anytime I'm at the 500-level seats at the Rogers Centre, I always felt a little shaky when I walk up the steps.

Funny enough, I don't own new Jays gear. I'm still one of the few people that still wear the angry bird jersey to games. I like to think it's a mark of distinction that I've been a fan during the rougher times. lol

But really, it's because I just can't decide on which jersey to get. I also have the powder blue pullover to wear.

Get a jersey without a name. You can add one later on if you've decided on one. That's what I ended up doing when I couldn't decide. And the two players I kept going back and forth on we're Lawrie and Morrow. Thank fuck I kept it blank.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
There we go, here's a win gif:

t1q9y7Z.gif

i'm sure you chose this User to please the many Persona-GAF expats in this thread?

Quick

Banned
Get a jersey without a name. You can add one later on if you've decided on one. That's what I ended up doing when I couldn't decide. And the two players I kept going back and forth on we're Lawrie and Morrow. Thank fuck I kept it blank.

My angry bird jersey was blank for a long time until I had Bautista put on it.

I'll pick one up at some point.

One thing that irks me now is that I bought all my Jays jerseys at a larger size. XL when I should've gotten a large or maybe even a medium. The powder blue pullover jersey is like a damn dress now.

rando14

My angry bird jersey was blank for a long time until I had Bautista put on it.

I'll pick one up at some point.

One thing that irks me now is that I bought all my Jays jerseys at a larger size. XL when I should've gotten a large or maybe even a medium. The powder blue pullover jersey is like a damn dress now.

OMG your avatar

NLsmS5t.gif

I haven't been to a Leafs game in several years, because I didn't want to waste my money and support the bullshit. I also haven't been to a Jays' game in a while, but it's just because I hate commuting into the city and don't really have people to go with. I'm trying to get one friend to go to a game this week, but he keeps dicking around and won't give me a concrete game to get tickets for. I may just go alone.

The teachers pension plan basically saw the leafs as the cow they can milk forever, nothing else mattered, they didn't care at all if the leafs were winning, the two telecom giants do face an image problem if they do absolutely nothing, especially given rogers having the tv rights, no rational company would let this organization rot but the teachers pension plan is being run by dicks who couldn't give two shits about hockey.

The teachers pension plan basically saw the leafs as the cow they can milk forever, nothing else mattered, they didn't care at all if the leafs were winning, the two telecom giants do face an image problem if they do absolutely nothing, especially given rogers having the tv rights, no rational company would let this organization rot but the teachers pension plan is being run by dicks who couldn't give two shits about hockey.

Agreed. They were horrible owners.

Here's hoping the terrible ship will right itself in the next several years.

Back OT:

I'm glad Edwin is embracing the hat trick. Hopefully he'll be on fire again today, and the Jays will bring out the brooms. I like seeing Revere hitting lead-off, too.

Agreed. They were horrible owners.

That's not accurate. The Leafs had consistently high payroll, and the ownership board did try to attract the 'best' in management, when the OTPP were majority owners.

The problem was that the front office was badly mismanaged from about 2004 to current, for a variety of reasons.

zroid

Banned
omg Curtis Granderson lol

Q: You’re one of the most polished, politically correct athletes I’ve ever dealt with. Now say something controversial.

A: Let’s see … I can probably go with … I had this conversation with people — if we landed on the moon, how come we’ve never been back? I think there might be some conspiracy stuff to that.

I think today's Jays game will be an important one. Yankees will most likely coast to a victory and Buehrle has been a little out of sorts the last two weeks.

Worried about this one.

Top Bottom