• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

I'm actually worried that the Mets have peaked too early. Look at the struggles the Cards and Royals are having right now. I don't know if they can keep this run going through the postseason.

Would you prefer if they went on a skid during the last 17 games?

Stare at this image for a minute.
alg-dugout-depression-jpg.jpg

It should alleviate any fears you may have.

squall211

I'm actually worried that the Mets have peaked too early. Look at the struggles the Cards and Royals are having right now. I don't know if they can keep this run going through the postseason.

I thought the same thing....only it was back in early August when they had another 7 game winning streak. Then I thought it again after they swept the Rockies and Phillies and had another 7 game winning streak. Now they have yet another 7 game winning streak. Maybe this team is just going to stay hot? I know it's hard to accept for us Met fans, but maybe they are just really that good. They have a good starting staff, a productive lineup, defense that TYPICALLY isn't going to lose you games, a solid bench, and a bullpen that is hit or miss.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
He's so gone after this year.

Someone is going to snatch him up to be their manager instead of staying on Farrell's staff.
I was actually pretty upset that the Twins hired Molitor over him. Moli's been good, but I wanted them to bring in fresh blood. It's encouraging to see that both options were decent.

Too bad they aren't as good at roster construction!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Cespedes will probably cool off, but no one else is really doing anything transplendent. It's just good depth fueling this run.

zroid

Banned
by BaseRuns the Cards and Royals were significantly overperforming all season, so some regression was expected. The Mets' actual record is pretty close to their BaseRuns record.

I can't turn down this challenge.

I nominate this avatar

image.php

In fact, I'm gonna up the ante on this: if the Mets win the WS everybody in this thread has to wear it for a week.

Edit: In case anybody gets any funny ideas, all my posts on GAF come from a galaxy far, far away from where he resides.

Well since the Mets will Mest in the playoffs I'll take this bet.

Cards are hoping to have Adams back in the lineup tomorrow, and Holliday is expected to be activated this weekend.

Getting healthy at just the right time!

I mean, if they both can return to regular duty and hit the ground running right away, I'd say the perfect time for them to get healthy would have been two weeks ago...

I mean, if they both can return to regular duty and hit the ground running right away, I'd say the perfect time for them to get healthy would have been two weeks ago...
As long as they stop playing like total dogshit, the Cards are still in a good spot to hold off the Pirates/Cubs. Margin for error has shrunk but perhaps it's a good thing to get them playing some meaningful baseball heading into October.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
As long as they stop playing like total dogshit, the Cards are still in a good spot to hold off the Pirates/Cubs. Margin for error has shrunk but perhaps it's a good thing to get them playing some meaningful baseball heading into October.

At least you get your last series against the Braves (who, by the way, are 3-24 in their last 27 games).

JDeluis

Seager was called up in September (after the deadline), meaning he's not eligible

apparently he can replace an injured player i guess?

dodgers have quite a few guys banged up

A player only has to be part of the orginazation by August 31 to be eligible for the postseason. He does not have to be on the 40 man roster before August 31. A pitcher like Julio Urias can still be in the postseason as well. Doesn't matter when they are called up, just when they joined the organization.

I.e. Someone like Darwin Barney who joined the Jays orginazation after August 31 is not eligible for postseason.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So stupid to try to tag up from 1st there, especially with Cespedes coming up. Mets are terrible at both stealing bases and bunting. Probably best to not try doing either.

Choomp

Banned
So stupid to try to tag up from 1st there, especially with Cespedes coming up. Mets are terrible at both stealing bases and bunting. Probably best to not try doing either.

Honestly, it's a tough call. Lagares is fast and that's a pretty hard throw to make, but you're right with Cespedes up you don't want to chance it. I even joked that "now when he hits a home run we'll only get one run instead of two"

A player only has to be part of the orginazation by August 31 to be eligible for the postseason. He does not have to be on the 40 man roster before August 31. A pitcher like Julio Urias can still be in the postseason as well. Doesn't matter when they are called up, just when they joined the organization.

I.e. Someone like Darwin Barney who joined the Jays orginazation after August 31 is not eligible for postseason.

No, a player has to be on the 25man before the 31st to be eligible, which is why September call ups aren't eligible (if thats the first timw they were called up). It literally says that in the rule you quoted. This is why the waiver trade "deadline" is Aug 31 - technically trades can happen afterwards, but any players will not eligible for the postseason for their new team (typically the point of midseason trades)

There is a loophole with injuries or whatever, though, so yes technically he is eligible in the event that someone is on the DL at the end of the season

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dee Gordon is so annoying. I'm glad he's not on he Dodgers anymore where we'd have to face him when it matters.

Top Bottom