• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Chuck

Still without luck
OK here's what needs to happen

Houston needs to lose out
Angels need to lose out
Twins need to split their series with the Indians, both need to lose their other series

Orioles win out and make the playoffs :)

Sanjuro

guy carried the team the whole year. how the hell can you say he's a cancer?
sometimes you try too hard Sanj.

you really have to defend former Sawx guys huh? loyalty. I like that.

His time was up here. Couldn't wait for him to be gone.

I see a video of two jerks colliding, and I see people rushing to defend the guy who wanted to fight, then decided to take himself out of the game. Real nice guy!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
4AObR4C.jpg

clemenx

Banned
You guys see the CJ Nitkowski column about the incident?

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a...ayers-support-pitcher-long-time-coming-092715

Tldr: Papelbon was in the right for the most part as Harper called him out in the Machado incident. Also he has to respect the vet and play the right way. Also, most players feel this way according to him.

This shit is disgusting to me lol. Even if Harper is a douche who said "Fight me bro" he wasn't the one doing the choking here. Also gimme a break about not hustling shit. He's not some rookie either, it's his 4th season, age should be irrelevant. Not to mention that without Harper Nats probably are losing 90 games.

I hope this old fashioned bullshit way of thinking is on its way out.

Also. I hope I don't see much crying when Arrieta wins the cy. He's completely deserving regardless of wins (even if that's what's going to sway the vote for enough dumb writers to matter) this is a year where there's no wrong choice. Seeing people meltdown because someone with 0.1 war higher lost an award is dumb.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Here we fucking go.

Astros final 6 games. @SEA, @ARI
Rangers final 7 games VS DET VS LAA (4 games)
Angels VS OAK @ TEX

I don't think my heart will be able to handle this!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just give me a repeat of 2011 where we have some amazing last day collapses by teams who were long in the lead.

Would be extra hilarious in the case of the Doyers.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Here we fucking go.

Astros final 6 games. @SEA, @ARI
Rangers final 7 games VS DET VS LAA (4 games)
Angels VS OAK @ TEX

I don't think my heart will be able to handle this!

Wow, Angels have a shot at the division.

Should be a fun last week.

Also. I hope I don't see much crying when Arrieta wins the cy. He's completely deserving regardless of wins (even if that's what's going to sway the vote for enough dumb writers to matter) this is a year where there's no wrong choice. Seeing people meltdown because someone with 0.1 war higher lost an award is dumb.

It does look like Arrieta may win it, but the difference between him and Kershaw this year isn't "0.1 war." Kershaw is better in just about everything besides wins and era, which are the least indicative stats in terms of performance

The fact that Kershaw has won three CY already probably hurts him, too. Sort of the same thing Trout gets - he's too good for his own good

Beckx

Dude watch him pitch, people are saying Otani will command stupid amounts of money? Fujinami is just as good, if not better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MSXntF0Z3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJjnuLi_WeU

This isn't a prospect or a HS kid, this is a guy that's been a professional pitcher since he was 18 years old, he's 22 now, he has a 2.42 ERA, he has more K's than hits allowed, he doesn't give up HR's.

Kid is good.
from this week's JBWPodcast - Randy Messenger is salty about Fujinami. Says he gets the benefit of questionable scoring calls, pitches with "young man strength", refuses to bulk up and will therefore plateau soon. Fujinami tosses shutout today. lol.

zroid

Banned

Actually depending on which version of WAR you use (FG / BR / BP), any of Kershaw, Greinke, or Arrieta are in the lead. So it's really anyone's game, haha.

That said, I do think most numbers inclined people would say Kershaw is the most deserving

Link

The Autumn Wind
You guys see the CJ Nitkowski column about the incident?

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a...ayers-support-pitcher-long-time-coming-092715

Tldr: Papelbon was in the right for the most part as Harper called him out in the Machado incident. Also he has to respect the vet and play the right way. Also, most players feel this way according to him.

This shit is disgusting to me lol. Even if Harper is a douche who said "Fight me bro" he wasn't the one doing the choking here. Also gimme a break about not hustling shit. He's not some rookie either, it's his 4th season, age should be irrelevant. Not to mention that without Harper Nats probably are losing 90 games.

I hope this old fashioned bullshit way of thinking is on its way out.
Craig Calcaterra wrote a rebuttal to it.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/09/28/former-players-think-papelbon-was-right-wha/

thefro

Actually depending on which version of WAR you use (FG / BR / BP), any of Kershaw, Greinke, or Arrieta are in the lead. So it's really anyone's game, haha.

That said, I do think most numbers inclined people would say Kershaw is the most deserving

My argument for Arrieta would be that he's been historically good since the All-Star Break, and that counts more than what you do in April/May when everything else is so close.

Heck, the only game he's lost since June is when Cole Hamels threw a no-hitter against the Cubs.

The Cubs remind of the Giants last year somewhat.

We have a dominant pitcher and can go pretty much as far as he can take us.

I think that's true, but we have bats on top of that who can carry us if they get hot at the right time.

lol at Cubs fans getting their hopes up

I actually would like to see the Cubbies win the WS, I just would thought that Cubs as Mets fans would learn from the past.

Disappointment is inevitable.

I really don't care about Greinke or Kershaw winning the Cy Young. Give it to the Cubbies. I'd rather have a World Series trophy parading through Los Angeles.

Pap was obviously a douchebag but he's a six time all star and wc winner even though his best days are probably behind him, Harper is just treating him like the rental he is.

Lets be honest, if we were professional ball players at 22 being compared to Mickey Mantle , we'd all be douchebags too. Adjusted for this, Harper is a very normal person.

Paps on the other hand is kinda unhinged for what he is achieved.

Closers must have the smallest dicks in professional baseball, itbt, the way they carry on.

Lets be honest, if we were professional ball players at 22 being compared to Mickey Mantle , we'd all be douchebags too. Adjusted for this, Harper is a very normal person.

Closers must have the smallest dicks in professional baseball, itbt, the way they carry on.

Pap would have more credibility if he was pitching better.

Eh, I'd rather be like Curtis Granderson or Nick Swisher, who always filled with positivity and count their blessings every single day.

Top Bottom