• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

So if Arrieta throws a perfect game that should seal his Cy Young this year right?

I also find it funny that he has struck out every Pirate once this game but Burnett lol

3N16MA

Banned
So if Arrieta throws a perfect game that should seal his Cy Young this year right?

I also find it funny that he has struck out every Pirate once this game but Burnett lol

He is winning it. 20+ wins and a sub 2 ERA while leading the Cubs to the postseason. All of this will play well with voters even if they have progressed somewhat from those stats.

Harper would look tremendous in Blue Jay Blue & White.

Best in Yankees pinstripes.

He is winning it. 20+ wins and a sub 2 ERA while leading the Cubs to the postseason. All of this will play well with voters even if they have progressed somewhat from those stats.

Best in Yankees pinstripes.
Hopefully the Yankees will have overloaded their roster with overpaid over the hill players that they run out of salary room...

Please sign Johnny Cueto to a nine year megacontract.

Malo

Banned
Hopefully the Yankees will have overloaded their roster with overpaid over the hill players that they run out of salary room...

Please sign Johnny Cuerto to a nine year megacontract.
All of our big contracts other than Tacoby end in the next year or two. We're going to make it rain on Harper.

Never heard of Fujinami. Have a quick scouting report on him? Any comps?

Here's a few lines from my notes on him.

Shintaro Fujinami

Pros: Quick release, 3/4 motion smooth excellent feet and plant, doesn't throw down/cock, solid mechs. Plus slider, flashes plus plus, sits at 85-88, breaks horizontally with excellent plate movement. Plus Fb flashes plus plus, sits at 96, touches 100, good vertical life, resembles a sinker when it's on. Big, solid frame, room to add bulk, young, good arm length, deception is top notch.

Cons: Splitter flashes plus but doesn't go consistently enough, struggles with his grip consistency, spins too much to break in on batters when he overthrows. Thin, needs to add weight and muscle. Struggles with command of the SZ, will occasionally get lost in his own head and overthrow to compensate for missing the zone. Change is not a viable big league pitch

GB pitcher, excellent K numbers but can pitch to contact when needed, shows great poise for the game.

Current values/Future Values

FB 65/70+ SL 65/75+ SPL 50/60 CMD 50/60+ FV 70+

Kid can pitch. He'll earn as much, if not more, than Otani. Reminds me a lot of Pedro.

Malo

Banned
Here's a few lines from my notes on him.

Shintaro Fujinami

Pros: Quick release, 3/4 motion smooth excellent feet and plant, doesn't throw down/cock, solid mechs. Plus slider, flashes plus plus, sits at 85-88, breaks horizontally with excellent plate movement. Plus Fb flashes plus plus, sits at 96, touches 100, good vertical life, resembles a sinker when it's on. Big, solid frame, room to add bulk, young, good arm length, deception is top notch.

Cons: Splitter flashes plus but doesn't go consistently enough, struggles with his grip consistency, spins too much to break in on batters when he overthrows. Thin, needs to add weight and muscle. Struggles with command of the SZ, will occasionally get lost in his own head and overthrow to compensate for missing the zone. Change is not a viable big league pitch

GB pitcher, excellent K numbers but can pitch to contact when needed, shows great poise for the game.

Current values/Future Values

FB 65/70+ SL 65/75+ SPL 50/60 CMD 50/60+ FV 70+

Kid can pitch. He'll earn as much, if not more, than Otani. Reminds me a lot of Pedro.
Potential for 3 plus pitches, two plus plus pitches, and plus command?! Dear mother of god.jpg

He'd go 1-1 in next year's draft easily.

Potential for 3 plus pitches, two plus plus pitches, and plus command?! Dear mother of god.jpg

He'd go 1-1 in next year's draft easily.

Dude watch him pitch, people are saying Otani will command stupid amounts of money? Fujinami is just as good, if not better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MSXntF0Z3I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJjnuLi_WeU

This isn't a prospect or a HS kid, this is a guy that's been a professional pitcher since he was 18 years old, he's 22 now, he has a 2.42 ERA, he has more K's than hits allowed, he doesn't give up HR's.

Kid is good.

Nv4yceG.gif

BFIB

Papelbon and Harper going at it? Thats like a water truck colliding with a vinegar truck.

All you hear is DOOOOSHHH.

Who gives a shit how he was playing? That is irrelevant.

He was barking at a shitty player for quitting on the team, then was challenged by notable shit player.

They both lose, but I'm not buying some narrative that paints Bryce Fucking Harper in some kind of fraud hero role. Guy is cancer.

guy carried the team the whole year. how the hell can you say he's a cancer?
sometimes you try too hard Sanj.

Mike Trout?

NL failure, Bryce Harper?

you really have to defend former Sawx guys huh? loyalty. I like that.

Top Bottom