• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

zychi

Banned
4AObR4C.jpg

The video is better. Harbs coughs into his hand then shakes Jeter's. Germy handshake

BumRush

So who does everyone think should win the NL / AL player races:

AL MVP: Trout
AL Cy Young: Keuchel
AL ROY: Correa
NL MVP: Harper
NL Cy Young: Arrieta
NL ROY: Bryant

AL MVP:
AL Cy Young:
AL ROY:
NL MVP:
NL Cy Young:
NL ROY:

Link

The Autumn Wind
Funny that actions that were significant enough to cost him 7 games weren't enough to even get him pulled from the game yesterday.
Don't you know? It's because Williams was on the other side of the dugout and wasn't aware of what happened. Seems legit.

Mike Trout should be the default AL MVP until he stops being Mike Trout. Or they can just rename it the Mike Trout Award if they want to give it to someone else.

Just banners.

3pYqpUpl.jpg

Eff me, it's like the Yanqui retired numbers......

Eh, I'd rather be like Curtis Granderson or Nick Swisher, who always filled with positivity and count their blessings every single day.

But how do you reason with a 22 year old with the world at his feet..... who will get a $300M+ contract in a couple of years? Just look what happened to Doc Gooden and Darryl Strawberry and then tell me Harper is a douche?

But how do you reason with a 22 year old with the world at his feet..... who will get a $300M+ contract in a couple of years? Just look what happened to Doc Gooden and Darryl Strawberry and then tell me Harper is a douche?

Doc and Straw hung out with celebrities and a certain crowd in NY. I never hear of any of those issues with Ryan Howard and he's making bank at 1B.

Also, 300 Mil? You're really generous. Even Cano's big ass contract is the last one we'll see in a long time.

Doc and Straw hung out with celebrities and a certain crowd in NY. I never hear of any of those issues with Ryan Howard and he's making bank at 1B.

Also, 300 Mil? You're really generous. Even Cano's big ass contract is the last one we'll see in a long time.

Ryan Howard was never the face of the franchise to the extent Harper was. Nor was he ever spoken in the same breath as Mickey Mantle.

When all the reporters covering the Nats ignore everybody in the clubhouse and go immediately to him postgame, well, that's gotta some effect.

I'm sure Harper will have a "life lesson" somewhere down the road, probably very soon. It's then I will judge him, not now when most guys around his age are drinking and partying most days of the week.

jbug617

Banned
It's official. The Mariners hire Jerry Dipoto as new GM.
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-to-hire-jerry-dipoto-as-new-general-manager/

The Mariners confirmed Dipoto’s hiring later Monday afternoon. There will be a press conference on Tuesday at 10 a.m. at Safeco Field to introduce Dipoto. He will be the team’s ninth full-time general manager.

“Jerry impressed us at each step of the process,” said Mariners’ president Kevin Mather in a press release. “He has a very unique skill set, having been a successful player in the majors, then moving into front offices with steadily increasing responsibilities. Jerry has scouted, spent time in player development and has a track record as a very successful general manager. During our conversations over the past few weeks, it became clear to me that he has a very solid understanding of our team and organization, both where we are and where we want to be. And he has a strategy to get us there. Few candidates bring the combination of playing the game, scouting, a solid understanding of statistical metrics and a plan for player development. I am looking forward to having Jerry lead our baseball operations for a long time.”

“I’m honored to be joining the Mariners family,” Dipoto said in the press release. “As the 2015 season draws to a close, we have a great fan base, ballpark and organization, providing a great opportunity for success. I truly look forward to both the challenges and rewards to come as we chart a fresh course for the future of Mariners baseball.”

Ryan Howard was never the face of the franchise to the extent Harper was. Nor was he ever spoken in the same breath as Mickey Mantle.

When all the reporters covering the Nats ignore everybody in the clubhouse and go immediately to him postgame, well, that's gotta some effect.

I'm sure Harper will have a "life lesson" somewhere down the road, probably very soon. It's then I will judge him, not now when most guys around his age are drinking and partying most days of the week.

I don't judge him either way. He's a great player who I wish was a Met. That's about the most judgmental thing I could say about the guy.

Syrinx

Harper's contract will shit all over Cano's.

They're excellent but Kershaw has him beat in most areas is what I meant. I don't know of that will sway voters.

I think he wins based on his wins and ERA combined with his 2nd half performance.

Honestly Kershaw should win, he has been the best, but voter fatigue will set in.

Harper will get $500M from the Yankees or Dodgers. That's gonna be it.

JDeluis

I did too, but I wasn't picked.

I have looked into stub hub. Anyone try seatgeek?

I buy all my tickets from seatgeek. Shows you prices from all ticket selling websites, but the transaction goes through them. Even show stubhub prices. Recommended.

BumRush

Honestly Kershaw should win, he has been the best, but voter fatigue will set in.

Harper will get $500M from the Yankees or Dodgers. That's gonna be it.

What Arrieta has done over the last 1-2 months has been one of the greatest pitching runs in baseball history though. Full year not AS GOOD, but still better than Kershaw this year.

Top Bottom