• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

harSon

Banned
Cardinals are giving us all of the chances in the world, and we're whiffing all of them. They're getting 1 hit and still in the damn game.....

RBH

Summary of the Atlanta Braves in 2015:

42oWVvo.jpg

WTF pirates... I mean I get you need to win but leave Happ in at this point if you want the Central. He has a 56 pitch count. 56!!!!!! And he is throwing a gem. Of course if morse gets a hit here I will eat my words

Doogdogg

Wish the Red Sox had an extra week, they might make the playoff. Too late, but next year should be really fun if they get Price to lead the rotation.

harSon

Banned
WTF pirates... I mean I get you need to win but leave Happ in at this point if you want the Central. He has a 54 pitch count. 54!!!!!! And he is throwing a gem. Of course if morse gets a hit here I will eat my words

Hurdle has single handedly cost us so many games this year

Parch

Back to baseball. Political debates on TV just raise my blood pressure.

Bad choice by Batista. Getting to the point where the next home run will win this one.

Lifting Happ in that situation is actually a really good move, considering it's a 0-0 game and the Pirates pen is really good. You score a run or two there and that might be the game

it's something Matheny never does (or rarely)that I wish he would do more

edit: it didn't work out, but the probability of scoring 1+ runs there is still probably high enough to warrant taking out Happ. Hurdle is managing like a playoff game, which is fitting since that's what this feels like

Lifting Happ in that situation is actually a really good move, considering it's a 0-0 game and the Pirates pen is really good. You score a run or two there and that might be the game

it's something Matheny never does (or rarely)that I wish he would do more

Not when he has thrown 56 pitches, walked none and only allowed one hit.

You leave your guy in.

Not when he has thrown 56 pitches, walked none and only allowed one hit.

You leave your guy in.

When you have a chance to score (and likely win as a result) against the division leader in a literally must-win game, you take it.

It didn't work out, that's unfortunate for the Pirates, but it was the right move. The Pirates pen is good enough to pitch 3 innings scoreless

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Why is he taking Estrada out? He's barely over 80 pitches.

harSon

Banned
We pretty much have to go undefeated for the season to have a chance. If you have a chance to rest your bullpen, you take it. And I trust Happ since becoming a Pirate more than I do our bullpen. Soria and Bastardo are both Jekyl and Hide.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
When you have a chance to score (and likely win as a result) against the division leader in a literally must-win game, you take it.

It didn't work out, that's unfortunate for the Pirates, but it was the right move. The Pirates pen is good enough to pitch 3 innings scoreless

The NL needs the DH, basically.

We pretty much have to go undefeated for the season to have a chance. If you have a chance to rest your bullpen, you take it. And I trust Happ since becoming a Pirate more than I do our bullpen. Soria and Bastardo are both Jekyl and Hide.

There was a team a few years who was down 4 games with 5 games left

Think they ended up winning the World Series

Top Bottom