• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Parch

What should be the Blue Jays playoff pitching rotation? If they stay on current rotation it would be Dickey, Price, and Buerhle, but that obviously isn't going to happen. Price will start game one on regular rest.
Estrada and Stroman are scheduled to pitch Saturday and Sunday, but they can be skipped if the Jays clinch. Does Stroman need the rest or does he still need some work?

Sanjuro

What should be the Blue Jays playoff pitching rotation? If they stay on current rotation it would be Dickey, Price, and Buerhle, but that obviously isn't going to happen. Price will start game one on regular rest.
Estrada and Stroman are scheduled to pitch Saturday and Sunday, but they can be skipped if the Jays clinch. Does Stroman need the rest or does he still need some work?

I would go Price, Estrada, Buerhle. Save Dickey for pen work.

Good morning. Holy shit, I didn't realize Rangers suddenly dropped three straight.

CQDA9LbU8AAwXyw.jpg:large

Unfortunately, the EARLIEST, best case clinching the Astros can get is Friday.

Teeth grinding, nervous nail biting final week.

The Angels, Astros, and Rangers are all fighting for 2 playoff spots. It's going to come down to the last regular season game. book it.

zroid

Banned
crazy fact:

the Yankees have the 3rd best record in the AL since the all-star break; they lost 9.5 games in ground to Toronto since then

All of this hate for Papelbon is pretty ridiculous. Dude has been one of the best closers in baseball over the last 10 years and has championship rings and extensive postseason experience. If the Yankees picked him up I would be ecstatic.

Papelbon would have lost his mind after facing the Jays so many times :)

Malo

Banned
All of this hate for Papelbon is pretty ridiculous. Dude has been one of the best closers in baseball over the last 10 years and has championship rings and extensive postseason experience. If the Yankees picked him up I would be ecstatic.
Dear god no.

Price, Stroman, Dickey and Estrada. They were always going to put Stroman in the rotation provided that he has fully recovered which looks like it's the case, outside of Price, Stroman has the best stuff and a repeatable delivery.

Buerle will be a longman at best, might not even get to pitch against the Yankees depending on how the wildcard pans out.

Depending on how the series go they might not even give Estrada a start past the first round, going with the three that are hot.

I'm sure the Nationals are open to any and all trade offers.

What are they going to do with Andrew Miller?

3N16MA

Banned

Keep him away. He would probably demand the closer role and pick a fight with Centaur.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Buerhle has been the worst pitcher in their rotation and generally not very good the last month or so, he's not getting a start in the playoffs. You're also forgetting Stroman who's been excellent since returning.

I would go with Price, Dickey, Stroman, Estrada.

zroid

Banned
Looks like Pillar was out after all. MLB.com posted the definitive angle from behind 3rd base, and Wieters got his calf.

Buerhle has been the worst pitcher in their rotation and generally not very good the last month or so, he's not getting a start in the playoffs. You're also forgetting Stroman who's been excellent since returning.

Dickey has better grass splits? Pitch him on the road.

zroid

Banned
Dickey has better grass splits? Pitch him on the road.
the main thing with Dickey I think is climate. At Rogers Centre they can close the roof.

there's also that whole knuckleball fucks with timing thing which may or may not be real, but if it is then it makes sense to stick him between Price and Stroman.

the main thing with Dickey I think is climate. At Rogers Centre they can close the roof.

Check the grass/turf splits of any knuckler, they favor grass by very much, because of the Magnus Effect (grass attracts moisture in the air). Even a HoFer like Phil Niekro had a largish grass/astroturf split.

Sanjuro

I wasn't sure of his status. Buerhle has been bad, but he still has experience. Either way, you need someone working the pen.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I wasn't sure of his status. Buerhle has been bad, but he still has experience. Either way, you need someone working the pen.

He'll be the long man for sure, I don't even think Hutchinson makes the post season roster.

there's also that whole knuckleball fucks with timing thing which may or may not be real, but if it is then it makes sense to stick him between Price and Stroman.

That's what I'm thinking yes. Plus, if it's a 7 game series you get Stroman for game 7 instead of Dickey who, although he's been great lately, still relies on an unreliable pitch.

Too bad the Pirates lost last night

Chances of sweeping with Liriano&Cole a lot higher than with Morton&Cole, so this postponement benefits them a lot

edit: nevermind, looks like it's a DH tomorrow

zroid

Banned
Check the grass/turf splits of any knuckler, they favor grass by very much, because of the Magnus Effect (grass attracts moisture in the air). Even a HoFer like Phil Niekro had a largish grass/astroturf split.

that's interesting, but couldn't they just control the humidity in the dome anyway?

besides, Dickey's home road splits have mostly been pretty favourable for home since 2013

Tim and Sid (especially Sid) are one of the worst Toronto sports personalities. Their schtick was maybe OK on The Score 10 years ago, but jesus they are still using the same jokes all these years later. The soundboard abuse...just no.

Sad part is they both (especially Sid) seem to know quite a lot about sports. Dudes have to be pushing 40 and act like complete obnoxious dweebs.

I wanna hear Shi Davidi talking about my Jays.

Tim and Sid (especially Sid) are one of the worst Toronto sports personalities. Their schtick was maybe OK on The Score 10 years ago, but jesus they are still using the same jokes all these years later. The soundboard abuse...just no.

Sad part is they both (especially Sid) seem to know quite a lot about sports. Dudes have to be pushing 40 and act like complete obnoxious dweebs.

I wanna hear Shi Davidi talking about my Jays.

I agree, but Rogers loves them, so ... we have to learn to love them too, I guess? Kind of like how Rogers expensively assembled probably the worst national broadcast team for their NHL stuff.

AFAIK they pulled Brunt off McCown's show just so he could be a regular feature on Tim & Sid.

Top Bottom