• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Siegrist was still available tonight, he should've let him close it out

Edit: well Rosenthal got the job done, but i wasn't pretty, definitely should not be used tomorrow though

All 3 of those guys have been used a ton so I don't feel great about using any of them tbh. Personally I would've had Siegrist close out last night (since he got the last out of the 8th anyway), but Rosenthal is The Closer and Matheny loves himself some Roles

Braves beat writer Mark Bowman:

-- Cameron Maybin and Julio Teheran will only be traded if they are blown away by an offer like the Craig Kimbrel offer

-- Teams inquiring on Nick Markakis are told he is not available in any way

-- The three players most likely to be traded are A.J. Pierzynski, Kelly Johnson, and Jim Johnson. Jim Johnson and Jason Grilli were being shopped as a tandem before Grilli blew out his Achilles tendon. The Blue Jays were close to acquiring J.Johnson & Grilli before the injury.

Braves beat writer Mark Bowman:

-- Cameron Maybin and Julio Teheran will only be traded if they are blown away by an offer like the Craig Kimbrel offer

-- Teams inquiring on Nick Markakis are told he is not available in any way

-- The three players most likely to be traded are A.J. Pierzynski, Kelly Johnson, and Jim Johnson. Jim Johnson and Jason Grilli were being shopped as a tandem before Grilli blew out his Achilles tendon. The Blue Jays were close to acquiring J.Johnson & Grilli before the injury.

Just don't see Pierzynski or either Johnson having much value at this point. I don't see the Braves being major sellers.

Parch

Actual Sportsnet article: Kazmir trade means it is a buyers market - OR DOES IT
At least it's a ray of hope. Some of the rumored expectations for rentals were ridiculous.

The Buffalo press box was full of scouts, so Blue Jay trade hopes are at least active. I really don't want to see another starting pitcher prospect leave, especially when that's the franchise weakness, and not a lot of quality hitting prospects left in the system. Not an easy job for AA so everybody might just end up disappointed. Again.

Finally! Even if he hits .240 that still be better than anyone else on the team.

It is almost statistically impossible that he's not an upgrade over what we have out there now.

If you combined, COMBINED, JMJ and Kirk's wRC+, it wouldn't even equal 90. Combined.

Fucking nuts.

tim1138

Reds ownership getting in the way of making trades? Shocking!

The asking price on Reds closer Aroldis Chapman is currently said by one American League executive to be “exorbitant,” tweets ESPN’s Jayson Stark. Other clubs doubt that Reds owner Bob Castellini is open to allowing Chapman to be moved in a trade, according to Stark.

tim1138

Feel bad that Chapman is gonna have to waste his peak years playing on crap teams. Would lead the league in saves right now if he played on a quality team.

Screw saves, dude should be owning the league as a starter, but Dusty threw a fit and then the front office got scared and backed down. What an absolute waste of talent.

Screw saves, dude should be owning the league as a starter, but Dusty threw a fit and then the front office got scared and backed down. What an absolute waste of talent.

He's MUCH better served as a closer. His stuff is at it's best when he can sit at 101 MPH. If he stayed a starter A) He would have needed to develop a workable third pitch he could command consistently and B) he would sit at 97-98, not 101-102 like he does now.

His stuff is better as a closer.

tim1138

He's MUCH better served as a closer. His stuff is at it's best when he can sit at 101 MPH. If he stayed a starter A) He would have needed to develop a workable third pitch he could command consistently and B) he would sit at 97-98, not 101-102 like he does now.

His stuff is better as a closer.

He has three pitches that he can command consistently, fastball, slider, and a change up. He's throwing the slider much less and the change a tick more this year than last, but both ate pretty devastating working off his fastball. Whether you think he would have bombed out as a starter or not, it's a shame that it was never attempted.

He has three pitches that he can command consistently, fastball, slider, and a change up. He's throwing the slider much less and the change a tick more this year than last, but both ate pretty devastating working off his fastball. Whether you think he would have bombed out as a starter or not, it's a shame that it was never attempted.

Eh I wouldn't say he can command the slider particularly well. What makes him so effective is his velocity but if you remove ticks off that to garner more command, his stuff isn't as good. It might be slightly sharper, but it's not nearly as deadly as it is when he can just rear back and throw.

He has trouble consistently locating the slider (which is why he doesn't throw it much anymore). The Change has the potential to be the best in baseball considering that it's physically impossible to get the timing difference down. But again he doesn't command it well yet so it's not a plus pitch.

It would be interesting to see but I think it'd just be wasting time. Much like with Mariano, he's just meant to be a closer.

Top Bottom