• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Rangers pitching lineup will be beastly next season

Darvish, Hamels, Holland, Perez, Lewis

Could go with a 6 pitcher lineup if they really wanted to.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
latest

My son is also named Bort!

Parch

Not a fan of rentals, especially when a playoff spot isn't locked up.

Jays fans were whining because AA wasn't doing anything. They better not be whining when they miss the playoffs and they better not be whining when Price is history next year.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
The three-team trade between the #Dodgers, #Marlins and #Braves is not yet official.

The #Braves were second to #Dodgers in bidding for Olivera. LAD already has paid $28M signing bonus. #Braves get him $32.5M/5 from 2016-20.

Told Hector Olivera likely will embrace trade from #Dodgers to #Braves. Closer to Cuba. Better tax situation. More certain playing time.

nothing can stop this trade? :/

Yanks can have Porcello AND Miley for cheap.

One of the dudes is a $20 million per pitcher and the other has a bangin head of hair. How can Cashman turn that down?

winjet81

What are the chances of the Jays re-signing Price? If the Jays miss the playoffs and he leaves, this move is a huge failure.

Well, at least Tulo is signed for another 4 years.

LevelNth

Banned
What are the chances of the Jays re-signing Price? If the Jays miss the playoffs and he leaves, this move is a huge failure.

Well, at least Tulo is signed for another 4 years.
It's all up to AA, so basically I have little to no faith.

Tulo has 5 more years I believe.

Not a fan of rentals, especially when a playoff spot isn't locked up.

Jays fans were whining because AA wasn't doing anything. They better not be whining when they miss the playoffs and they better not be whining Price is history next year.

Enh, this deal is much easier to take than the Tulo one. Boyd didn't show much during his brief stint in the majors, Labourt is struggling as a 21-year-old in the low minors, and Norris is...okay, seeing him go hurts. But I don't know about his health. He had a dead arm for no reason earlier this year, and that's not something young pitchers get out of nowhere unless there are some deeper issues. The Jays are still well out of a playoff spot, but Price is one of the few guys who could make a real difference.

Malo

Banned
Marly Rivera ~ ESPN ‏@MarlyRiveraESPN
Source with knowledge of situation says that Michael Pineda will not start tonight because he is suffering from tightness in his forearm

Well........ panic mode?
I don't want to live in a world where Fatcessa was right.

Fuck. This isn't good.

wbsmcs

If they could go 2-2 against the Royals (hoping to beat up Duffy tonight), the upcoming series against the Twins could be the whole season for the Jays.

Sweep them and they'll be in the drivers seat rest of the way. Get swept and they'll be 5 games back and out of it.

Chris R

Last night on Jeopardy there was a category about teams that haven't won the World Series.

One of the questions was about Tulowitzki. I kinda giggled, and then the Mariners came up as an answer one of the other questions :(

Disagree. Alex Wood is decent, Peraza will be a fast regular at least but i don't know if his approach will ever let him be more than that. Olivera will go right into a lineup and provide really good production, at a cost of about 5.something million per to Atlanta. The Braves won't miss either player.

I don't know if I trust the trade evaluations from someone who posted LOL BREWERS GOT FLEECED ETC 5 million times after that Mets deal last night. 1.5 years of Carlos Gomez for a guy who is probably a really good #2 starter and a starting Shortstop? That doesn't sound like a fleecing to me.

Flores is a bad SS. He was going to play 3B for them to replace Ramirez and is a mediocre player. He's a 1.1-.1.5 WAR player. Wheeler is coming off of TJS, 25, has command issues, and while has limitless potential, will likely never reach it.

We did fleece them. Wheeler and Flores is nothing to the Mets. Especially since we get Gomez for a year and a half, could sign him to a QO if we can't get him long term, trade him, etc etc.

Tons of value for the Mets there. It was a GREAT deal.

Olivera is old, has a bad elbow, in AAA, and isn't all that valuable at 3B. Likely he ends up in left.

jman2050

Seriously just call up Severino and/or start Warren again and kick CC out of the rotation, that's the biggest deadline improvement the Yankees can make right now.

Top Bottom