• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

stn

Wow, Jays are suddenly very serious about making the playoffs this season. The team ownership has the money to re-sign Price, too.

CLLj3gHVAAEybfW.jpg

#ComeTogether

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

For as much as I am saying that the CarGo deal was a robbery.

The Jays are paying wWAAAAAAAAAY too much for 10, maybe 13 at most, starts of David Price. WAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

If this vaults them into the playoffs it's better, but still, Norris is a TOR pitching prospect and a top-10 prospect in baseball. Alford is improving every day and every report is that he's grown immensely since leaving football behind. Boyd has a lot of potential and is getting nice reviews, as well.

A lot for a rental.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Three-team trade between #Dodgers, #Marlins and #Braves is done. Players being informed.

rinse82

The Jays are paying wWAAAAAAAAAY too much for 10, maybe 13 at most, starts of David Price. WAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

If this vaults them into the playoffs it's better, but still, Norris is a TOR pitching prospect and a top-10 prospect in baseball. Alford is improving every day and every report is that he's grown immensely since leaving football behind. Boyd has a lot of potential and is getting nice reviews, as well.

A lot for a rental.

Dude, at least know what the official trade is lol

It's Norris, Boyd and some guy named Lanbourt.

Alford is still a Jay.

jman2050

Jays are going for a playoff spot and won't have a very large window with this team, going for broke with Price was absolutely the right move.

If they miss the playoffs it'll look very bad in hindsight but well, they'll deal with that if it happens.

A lot for a rental.

They didn't lose Alford.

Dude, at least know what the official trade is lol

It's Norris, Boyd and some guy named Lanbourt.

Alford is still a Jay.

Bruh been flipping through the tweets. Taking care of my kid takes priority and all that.

Without Alford then yes it's a nice deal. Norris is still a lot to give up but it's more palatable now. Sticking with my opinion on Boyd and Norris etc etc.

So Price will pitch good games, but the bullpen will end of blowing them anyways.

The pen is stronger with Sanchez in it now.

Hawkins is a good addition as well.

Apparently they are looking for one more bullpen piece.

Hawkins -> Sanchez -> Osuna That's not a bad combo. You can mix up that last two.

This is the craziest trade deadline I have seen.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Among Hector Olivera's signing bonus, Michael Morse's 2016 deal and Bronson Arroyo's 2015 deal and buyout, Dodgers eating ~$43.5M in money.

zroid

Banned
Bruh been flipping through the tweets. Taking care of my kid takes priority and all that.

Without Alford then yes it's a nice deal. Norris is still a lot to give up but it's more palatable now. Sticking with my opinion on Boyd and Norris etc etc.
yep. like i've been saying all morning I'm not a huge fan of acquiring an ace right now given the limited impact he can make in 60 games compared to the cost relative to a mid-rotation rental.

but -- I can deal with losing Norris; Price at least it means we'll be in the hunt. Give away Norris+Alford and I might have needed medication.

Malo

Banned
If he's called up it'll be as a RP. His ceiling, again, is around 115-125, probably gets pushed to 135 or so just because Yanks are desperate for pitching help. But he won't start.
Jack Curry @JackCurryYES: Since Severino threw 113 innings last year, I'm assuming Yankees will max him out around 150. Teams usually limit pitchers to 30-40 inn leap

At most we could get 8 starts from Severino assuming he goes 6 innings per start.

We need to acquire another starter badly. Out of who's left my preference would be Gallardo.

Jack Curry @JackCurryYES: Since Severino threw 113 innings last year, I'm assuming Yankees will max him out around 150. Teams usually limit pitchers to 30-40 inn leap

At most we could get 8 starts from Severino assuming he goes 6 innings per start.

We need to acquire another starter badly. Out of who's left my preference would be Gallardo.

You guys are heavy in the Mike Leake sweepstakes, fwiw.

Malvingt2

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
Other clubs say #Cubs aggressively trying to include Starlin Castro in any deal. It was interesting that Addison Russell played SS yesterday

HMM

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Olivera’s signing bonus: $12M right upon agreement, $7.5M by Aug. 1, $8.5M by 12/31. Not known whether #Dodgers or #Braves paying balance.

TraBuch

Banned
Wonder if the Olivera move has anything to do with Kevin Maitan, who Keith Law says the Braves have a handshake agreement with. After six years of Olivera, Maitan would be 21 and everyone says he's the next big thing.

Top Bottom