• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

David Price ‏@DAVIDprice14 54s54 seconds ago

#jays on my feet!! See what I did there?! I'll just stay with @drake drizzy rogers...t o r o n t o so high up I got birds in my condo

It's going to suck when he leaves as a free agent

Malo

Banned
Joel Sherman @Joelsherman1: Pineda has Grade 1 forearm strain. Same as Miller, who missed a month. Being put on DL, but #Yankees feel he will pitch again this yr
A month isn't too bad, but shit, we need another starter.

You guys are heavy in the Mike Leake sweepstakes, fwiw.
If that means CC is out of the rotation when Pineda comes back, I'm more than fine with that.

jl4855

David Price ‏@DAVIDprice14 54s54 seconds ago

#jays on my feet!! See what I did there?! I'll just stay with @drake drizzy rogers...t o r o n t o so high up I got birds in my condo

It's going to suck when he leaves as a free agent

yeah, but at least he'll come back for ring ceremony.

RBH

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
To Dodgers: Wood, Latos, Morse, Avilan, Johnson, Peraza, Arroyo

To Braves: Olivera, Paco, Bird, pick

To Marlins: Brigham, Guzman, Araujo
I feel a tad bit better about this deal.

But overall, still not very happy at all with the return we got.

harSon

Banned
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
Other clubs say #Cubs aggressively trying to include Starlin Castro in any deal. It was interesting that Addison Russell played SS yesterday

HMM

Lol, look dude in the face and say you're not going to trade him - only to desperately package his ass in a deal.

He's getting more cap space for next season. I wouldn't be surprise they go all in on someone big this offseason or hook up Jose with a big deal. Or did they already?
I would love it if they paid Jose or got a big free agent this off season, but I don't see it happening. We already had a really low payroll this season, and he still dumped a lot of money.

Though I'm glad we got rid of the Morse contract, because that was a bad contract.

Edit: lol Morse had to strikeout one more time before leaving.

Whether the Jays end up in the playoffs or not, I hope the people in Toronto pack that stadium for the next month. Years of complaints about them not doing enough, and while this may not work, it's the biggest moves they have done since the back to back years.

Also just booked camping for the entirety of this weekend (with no cell coverage), so it's going to kill me not knowing how the series against the Royals goes.

Malo

Banned
xUaE7Wt.jpg

Sanjuro

We traded some prospects and got the best pitcher at the deadline, David Price!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh, well. Why don't see keep those prospects and see how we do without him!

Hmph. Then how about free Maple Leafs sweaters for everyone?

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We traded some prospects and got the best pitcher at the deadline, David Price!

Oh, well. Why don't see keep those prospects and see how we do without him!

Hmph. Then how about free Maple Leafs sweaters for everyone?

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Toronto media loves to talk about protecting those prospects.

wbsmcs

probably depends how many of those wins are against the Yanks

Lets just say the Jays manage to go 9-4 against the Yankees in those 13 games. That's semi-realistic and would need to happen for them to have a chance.

If the Yankees keep their current pace in their remaining 49 games that would be a 28-21 record.

Meaning the Jays would need to play 11 games above .500 in their other 47 games so 29-18.

That doesn't seem tooooo bad, considering it looks like Pineda might miss some starts as well.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
David O'Brien ‏@DOBrienAJC 32m32 minutes ago

#Dodgers covering all of Olivera $28M bonus, but not all of $ owed to Arroyo. #Braves picking up part of that

Money to throw around.

zroid

Banned
AA says that when the news came out Bautista texted him:

"Is it true?"

AA replied:

"yes"

Bautista:

"yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So with the Dodgers-Braves-Marlins deal done, I guess this means we'll be aggressive in free agency to either keep Greinke or pick up Price if he wants to leave America's Hat.

Top Bottom