• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

I wonder if Buerhle being reasonably effective at his age has changed the f/o's mind about offering long term deals.

So...how will it blow up in our faces?

Tulowitzki and Donaldson get season-ending injuries after diving head first into each other while trying to catch a foul ball.

So...how will it blow up in our faces?

From SB Nation:

Anthopoulos is spending frantically on a credit card, and he knows that the only way it'll be his responsibility in the future is if he's rich. There's no downside to that ... for him, personally. If I'm a Blue Jays fan, the excitement of a vastly improved team is tempered by a whole lot of collar-tugging and hoping for the best. The Blue Jays look like the best team in the AL on paper, depending on how you feel about the Royals, but they're still in a bit of a pickle with just two months to play.

I'm expecting it to all go wrong, but at the same time, this reminds me of how I felt when the Jays got Rickey Henderson. Even if it blows up, it's still the most hopeful I've felt in 20 years about the team.

From SB Nation:

I'm expecting it to all go wrong, but at the same time, this reminds me of how I felt when the Jays got Rickey Henderson. Even if it blows up, it's still the most hopeful I've felt in 20 years about the team.

This is the most important part. AA has given what fans have had little of in the past few years: hope and optimism. And if we can get into the playoffs, then not only does it save his job for at least another two years, but it also gives us hope for the future. Considering how we've been since 1993, that's something.

From SB Nation:

The Henderson deal is definitely the one I keep going back to when I try to compare my feeling to today.

RBH

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: Three-team trade between #Dodgers, #Marlins and #Braves is done. Players being informed.
200w.gif

Listening to Toronto sports radio and people will be happy with just making the first round or having an exciting last week of the season.

Fuck off.

I want the World Series or I will be disappointed. We didn't rent Price for an "exciting last week".

Toronto fucking sports.

BFIB

This is the most important part. AA has given what fans have had little of in the past few years: hope and optimism. And if we can get into the playoffs, then not only does it save his job for at least another two years, but it also gives us hope for the future. Considering how we've been since 1993, that's something.
Bingo. If you have an opportunity to get into the playoffs you have to do what's necessary to get there. No one can say the Blue Jays arent a better team than they were 72 hrs ago. Did they sacrifice some of their future? Absolutely, but AA has put this on his shoulders to win now and excited the fanbase.

Bingo. If you have an opportunity to get into the playoffs you have to do what's necessary to get there. No one can say the Blue Jays arent a better team than they were 72 hrs ago. Did they sacrifice some of their future? Absolutely, but AA has put this on his shoulders to win now and excited the fanbase.

Absolutely. If the oppurtunity if available, you fucking take it, and you run it till it drops.

This was his response: "He still has life on his FB just the other day he k'd 10"

I stopped responding to him.

good christ

Sanjuro

Listening to Toronto sports radio and people will be happy with just making the first round or having an exciting last week of the season.

Fuck off.

I want the World Series or I will be disappointed. We didn't rent Price for an "exciting last week".

Toronto fucking sports.

I think a ALCS appearance is fine for the team's fanfare, but not for how they are constructed going into the next campaign.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Toronto media loves to talk about protecting those prospects.

Toronto media changes their narrative based on what happens.

When nothing was happening a week or two back they were saying you gotta spend the prospects to get pitching, you have to go for it.

Now that we've used the prospects the new narrative is yes we got a starter but we gave up the farm.

Toronto media changes their narrative based on what happens.

When nothing was happening a week or two back they were saying you gotta spend the prospects to get pitching, you have to go for it.

Now that we've used the prospects the new narrative is yes we got a starter but we gave up the farm.

You never win with the media ouroboros that Toronto sports has created over the past decade. Since it's the Leafs offseason, now they are directing their rage to the Jays.

wbsmcs

Fuck off.

Toronto fucking sports.

When the closest your team has been in the last ~15 years to a playoff spot on September 1st is 6 games back...you get excited about the potential for meaningful games in the last week.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
When the closest your team has been in the last ~15 years to a playoff spot on September 1st is 6 games back...you get excited about the potential for meaningful games in the last week.

Yup, plus let's be honest a lot of them say that but once you get there you'll want more...more...MOAR!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What happened in the Padres/Mets game? I'm at work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mets blew a 2 run lead with 2 outs after a 45 minute rain delay, then the game got delayed again.

From what I have been told the actual issue is that if the game is called the score reverts to the Bottom of the 8th and the Mets win by default. Doesn't sound like that would actually happen though.

Top Bottom