• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Not bad. Leake will make a fine #3-4 starter behind Bum and Heston. Sad to part with Duvall but he's been ass in the minors thus year. Godspeed Adam and welcome Leake!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Not bad. Leake will make a fine #3-4 starter behind Bum and Heston. Sad to part with Duvall but he's been ass in the minors thus year. Godspeed Adam and welcome Leake!

And the rise of Duffy kinda makes Duvall expendable.

Also good thing Hudson beat the As just recently so he could defeat every team in the MLB because he about to be DFA'ed most likely

And the rise of Duffy kinda makes Duvall expendable.

Also good thing Hudson beat the As just recently so he could defeat every team in the MLB because he about to be DFA'ed most likely
Agreed.

I'm still concerned about Cain as I think he's broken...as in Timmy broken. But at least I think Timmy will be effective out of the bullpen. Cain, no so much...and he's still owed like $77mil. :/

Personally I would start Vogey as our #5. He's such a waste as mop up.

Bum - Heston - Leake - Peavy - Vogey

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Agreed.

I'm still concerned about Cain as I think he's broken...as in Timmy broken. But at least I think Timmy will be effective out of the bullpen. Cain, no so much...and he's still owed like $77mil. :/

Personally I would start Vogey as our #5. He's such a waste as mop up.

Bum - Heston - Leake - Peavy - Vogey

I think Cain can still put things together. Much more likely than Timmy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I hope so. He looked awful in 2 of his 4 starts since coming back. But we'll see.

And those are also most of his starts this season. I pretty much see the inconsistency as his late extended spring training right now. Whether he manages to put things together in time for a late season run remains to be seen.

McNei1y

I hope so. He looked awful in 2 of his 4 starts since coming back. But we'll see.

And those are also most of his starts this season. I pretty much see the inconsistency as his late extended spring training right now. Whether he manages to put things together in time for a late season run remains to be seen.

From an outsider, Cain looks like he can recover. He has his stuff he just needs to pinpoint it like he used to. I'm scared for the NL West if they face that rotation with Cain being at the back end of it.

The Astros and Padres are working on a trade that would send Craig Kimbrel and Tyson Ross to the Astros.

Oh me, oh my. The Astros are just going for it and torching the farm it seems.

Edwardo

Yay we didn't get swept

lma1NCY.gif

UberTag

What did I say?

Anways, Jays selling a lot of tickets tonight.

Maybe Rogers will learn that opening their pocket books will make them money.
It'll make them money in baseball.
Leafs fans would still sell out games even if the zamboni drivers were told to lace up as the 4th offensive line.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #RedSox talking to Padres, as @jerrycrasnick said. Ross one target; BOS has prospects to expand deal and perhaps include Kimbrel.

Sources: #Mets worked into night on trade for #Reds’ Bruce. Expectation among many in industry is that deal will happen.

THANK YOU AGAIN LOLMETS

We get it, geez.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Good overview of the trade deadline so far and what may be yet to come from mlbtr

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/2015-mlb-trade-deadline-preview.html
MLB’s trade deadline occurs at 3pm central time today, and with about seven hours to go, we recommend you buckle up for a wild ride. This is our tenth trade deadline here at MLBTradeRumors.com, and we’re happy to have you on board. You can follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and download our free app as well. Here’s a look at who’s been traded so far, who’s likely to be dealt today, and which teams to keep an eye on.

Who’s Already Moved

•David Price grabbed most of yesterday’s early headlines when he was sent to Toronto in a four-player trade that netted the Tigers left-handers Daniel Norris, Jairo Labourt and Matt Boyd. Toronto has its ace, but it comes at the price of their top prospect (Norris), who’s already penciled in to start for Detroit this weekend.

•Somehow, Price is only the second-biggest move that Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos has made this week. Troy Tulowitzki homered in his Blue Jays debut, but Tulo in Toronto and Jose Reyes in a Rockies jersey will take some getting used to. Full details of that swap here.

•The Astros struck out of nowhere to land both Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers less than 24 hours after a trade of Gomez to the Mets fell through due to medical and/or financial concerns surrounding Gomez (depending which reports you believe). Astros prospect Brett Phillips was thought to be untouchable, but he headlines a package of four players going to Milwaukee. Houston had already added Scott Kazmir in a trade last week.

•Cole Hamels is a Ranger, or at least he will be later today when the eight-player blockbuster sending him and Jake Diekman to Texas in exchange for Matt Harrison and five prospects is announced. Philadelphia took its time with the trade, but in the end gave quite a bit of financial help to its trade partner in order to take on at least three players that profile as Top 100 prospects in some circles.

•Johnny Cueto and Mike Leake are no longer Cincinnati Reds. Cueto stayed in the midwest and will make his Royals debut tonight after being shipped to Kansas City in exchange for their 2014 first-round pick and postseason bullpen hero, Brandon Finnegan, and two other prospects. Leake cost the Giants their top prospect or their No. 2 prospect, depending on your preferred list, but the San Francisco rotation is unquestionably better off than it was 24 hours ago. As for the Royals — don’t forget they picked up Ben Zobrist, too, before the chaos truly kicked off in earnest.

•We could barely make sense of the 13-player blockbuster between the Dodgers, Marlins and Braves in 2000 words, let alone in a sentence. You’ll have to see for yourself, but we do know that Mat Latos, Jim Johnson and Alex Wood are Dodgers, and Hector Olivera is now property of Atlanta.

•Jonathan Papelbon wanted a trade and at long last got one. He’ll stay in the division as the Nationals’ new closer with a restructured contract.
•The Angels bought a whole outfield, though David Murphy (trade link), David DeJesus (trade link) and Shane Victorino (trade link) won’t all be in the lineup at the same time.

•The Pirates have made a pair of ‘pen additions — one more minor than the other — in adding Joakim Soria from the Pirates and Joe Blanton from the Royals. Don’t forget they added Aramis Ramirez last week, too.

•The Mets might not have landed Gomez, but they’ve been plenty active by bringing in Tyler Clippard (trade link) in addition to both Juan Uribe and Kelly Johnson (trade link).

Who’s Likely To Be Moved
•Yoenis Cespedes, Rajai Davis, Tigers: Two of the Tigers’ big rentals — Price and Soria — have already departed, but expect Cespedes to be among today’s most-talked-about players. Alex Avila and Alfredo Simon could go, too.

•Justin Upton, Ian Kennedy, Tyson Ross, Padres: Upton and Kennedy are both status as a rental player seals his fate, and while Ross has three years of control left, there’s too much chatter about him to not consider it likely. Andrew Cashner, Joaquin and even Craig Kimbrel could all go as well.

•Gerardo Parra, Brewers: A rental player on a rebuilding team that’s already begun its sale figures to be as good as gone. The bigger question is if the Brew Crew will move Jonathan Lucroy.

•Marlon Byrd, Jay Bruce, Reds: Same rental caveat applies to Byrd, but Bruce’s connection to the Mets is strong. Aroldis Chapman is the wild card name for the Reds.

Teams To Keep An Eye On

•The Padres are the major wild card here, and they’ve been connected with a variety of scenarios. San Diego has rentals (Justin Upton, Ian Kennedy, Will Venable), players controllable for 2016 (Andrew Cashner, Joaquin Benoit), and high-end players with lengthier control (Tyson Ross, Craig Kimbrel). If A.J. Preller is as aggressive in selling as he was buying over the winter, it could be a busy day.

•Meanwhile, the Cubs have long been said to be pursuing a starter and are looking at various options. Chicago has been connected to San Diego’s young arms and is shopping shortstop Starlin Castro.

•The big-money Yankees have added Dustin Ackley, but seem in need of a starter, especially with Michael Pineda hitting the DL, and may be pursuing Kimbrel in an effort to give the club a three-headed bullpen monster.

•The Astros have already been huge players on the market, but could be looking for more. They’re at least exploring a big move with the Padres, and could dangle Jake Marisnick in an effort to find a quality pen arm.

•Likewise, the Mets have already made some upgrades. But after seeing their deal for Carlos Gomez fall apart in dramatic fashion, New York has been tied to other outfielders — in particular, Jay Bruce.

•Speaking of Bruce, the Reds are another team to watch on the sell side. Cincinnati has already moved its best rental assets, but could deal its excellent right fielder or even star closer Aroldis Chapman.

•We’ve seen little in the way of action from the Orioles, Twins, and White Sox, but all three have given indications of buying in the days leading up to the deadline. Modest additions seem likely for the first two clubs, but both remain outside contenders for significant deals. As for the South Siders, the club has gone from a presumed seller to aggressively shopping for bats (thus also, presumably, taking starter Jeff Samardzija off the market).

Meier

Just saw how well Heaney has been doing this season. Fuuuuu. Oh well, at least we finally got these two new arms who will hopefully help.

Really had hoped for the Jays to get Leake. They'll need a durable starter next year, when the entire projected rotation is young guys on innings limits.

Also, Red Sox going for Kimbrel? Why? That makes only slightly more sense than the D-backs making a run for Chapman.

Parch

It'll make them money in baseball.
It will. All it takes is a little incentive for Jays fans to show up.
I would say all aboard the hype train but nobody really gets off that train. TV ratings are always good when a country backs the team. Add more hype and hope with some gambling deals and added attendance makes those deals pay for themselves.

Sanjuro

Really had hoped for the Jays to get Leake. They'll need a durable starter next year, when the entire projected rotation is young guys on innings limits.

Also, Red Sox going for Kimbrel? Why? That makes only slightly more sense than the D-backs making a run for Chapman.

He is under contract. Trade Koji.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Source: #Orioles closing in on #Brewers’ Parra. Deal expected to be Parra for RHP Zack Davies, straight up.

Top Bottom