• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

Wouldn't be as bad if they also include Chapman but that won't happen.

It's a 1 for 1 straight up for Wheeler.

Which IMO is fucking stupid but hey. We need a bat (even though after yesterday the season is basically over) and Sandy needs to save face in the media. And as evidenced by the last page, most Mets fans are fucking idiots so they'll see "Sandy gets bat" and go nuts.

We're gonna trade Baez for Miley and Panda. Book it.
Tbh that makes a lot of sense that there would be a trade between those 3. They have a lot of connections.

BigAT

Pablo better have had phantom injuries.

Don't Forget, Panda is Here Forever.

Dont-Forget-Youre-Here-Forever-Burns-Simpsons.png

BFIB

LOL.

Now the Cards are done. Ehh........that Broxton ERA. Yikes.

After giving up Kaminsky, let me guess, we sending Reyes?

BFIB

Looks like Walden is likely out for a while again, so thats why we got the corpse of Broxton.

There had to be better options out there.

Goold stating the Broxton deal might be part of a package going back out.

Interesting.......
That's all well and good, but my next question becomes, who the hell else would want him?

I mean, we only gave up Malik Collymore who is struggling down in the Appalachian League, so it's not like we sold the farm for Broxton, but still. Weirdo deal. I guess the deal came cheap because we're taking dat salary.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Yankees are team in hottest pursuit of #Padres’ Kimbrel.

BFIB

That's all well and good, but my next question becomes, who the hell else would want him?

I mean, we only gave up Malik Collymore who is struggling down in the Appalachian League, so it's not like we sold the farm for Broxton, but still. Weirdo deal. I guess the deal came cheap because we're taking dat salary.

Other option is the Cards might have elected to deepen the bullpen, rather than looking for a starter, which might have commanded a higher price.

Other option is the Cards might have elected to deepen the bullpen, rather than looking for a starter, which might have commanded a higher price.
I guess with Walden out, looking for some arms to strengthen the bullpen is a good idea. Maybe Mo is just going with a buy low deal betting on Broxton having been unlucky and having had a terrible defensive team behind him. At the least, having the Cards defense behind him should mean this won't be a total loss.

Collymore has some upside, but more than likely he's nothing. So I don't mind the trade - more bullpen help is always good

If I don't have to see Miguel Socolovich pitch another game for the Cardinals it's worth it

RGVNOE

the rotation looks to be solid, Martinez and Wacha are the only ones to keep an eye on, but I think they'll be fine, I think offense is more of an issue needing to find at least 1 more good bat

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Also hearing #Mets could land two OFers, as @andymartino said. Not sure how they would make it work.

BFIB

Also hearing #Mets could land two OFers, as @andymartino said. Not sure how they would make it work.

DeRosa played up the Mets going for broke and trading for Braun/Segura.

Never in a million years.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

#Mets talking to #Tigers about Cespedes, sources tell me and @jonmorosi. One of their many options.

Outfielders who are or could be in play for #Mets: Bruce, Cespedes, R. Davis, Venable. Cuddyer may not be back. Questions about Lagares.

And yes, I failed to mention Upton as a possibility for #Mets. Him too..

imBask

Banned
If it does, there will be literal riots in the streets of Toronto.

probably cause the Leafs suck right out of the gate LOL

as a Habs fan I won't cry for the Leafs! And let's be honest here, i'm a Jays fan for proximity reason, and because the Expos aren't coming back :'(

Malo

Banned
Bob Nightengale @BNightengale: The #Dbacks package for #Reds consists of prized RHP prospect Braden Shipley and one or two more of Top 10 prospects for #Reds #Chapman.
Do it Stewart.

as a Habs fan I won't cry for the Leafs! And let's be honest here, i'm a Jays fan for proximity reason, and because the Expos aren't coming back :'(

Don't worry. I'm a Jays fan by proxy as well. As a Canucks fan who hates the centre of the universe, it puts a bit of schadenfreude in me.

I don't know if Mets fans or their front office know this but the Dodgers have an outfielder that would look nice in a glossy photo with Mr. Met. His name is Andre Ethier.

He's yours for the low low price of Matt Harvey and Thor.

Top Bottom