• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

why would he sign for one or two years? Teams are going to be breaking down his door with $200 million contracts.

You're right. I honestly don't know. I'm just hoping that AA can somehow talk him into a small contract if Rogers won't open their wallets for a larger one.

He'll likely still be offered huge contracts a year or two down the road, and he did re-sign in Tampa.

RBH

Meanwhile at Busch Stadium:

https://twitter.com/MattSebek/status/627308295108210688

jQ9WJ57.gif

You're right. I honestly don't know. I'm just hoping that AA can somehow talk him into a small contract if Rogers won't open their wallets for a larger one.

He'll likely still be offered huge contracts a year or two down the road, and he did re-sign in Tampa.

I don't think he ever signed an extension with Tampa. He can also hurt his elbow or shoulder in a year or two. With the money teams are going to be throwing around he's gonna take the most money on the table. It's not like Toronto is a small market/owner team, so why would he cut them a break?

I don't think he ever signed an extension with Tampa. He can also hurt his elbow or shoulder in a year or two. With the money teams are going to be throwing around he's gonna take the most money on the table. It's not like Toronto is a small market/owner team, so why would he cut them a break?

Someone on talk radio said that he did, so that's where I got it from.

You're right, though. At the end of the day, I guess I just hope Rogers will fork over the money. We haven't had an Ace since Doc left and this team desperately needs one under control.

zroid

Banned
I really do feel bad for Reyes. For all his problems on the field, he's easily one of the most likable guys to play for this team, and he was happy in Toronto with his buddies EE and Bautista.

The Tulo trade was definitely a home run for us but he deserved better than being shipped away to a basement-dweller days before AA loaded up.

I really do feel bad for Reyes. For all his problems on the field, he's easily one of the most likable guys to play for this team, and he was happy in Toronto with his buddies EE and Bautista.

The Tulo trade was definitely a home run for us but he deserved better than being shipped away to a basement-dweller days before AA loaded up.

That's the possibilities you have to live with as an athlete. Unless you continue your play or can come up clutch like David Ortiz, then you can be traded. Especially when your defence is garbage like Jose's was.

zroid

Banned
That's the possibilities you have to live with as an athlete. Unless you continue your play or can come up clutch like David Ortiz, then you can be traded. Especially when your defence is garbage like Jose's was.

Yep, it's a real shame. And I'm sure if it wasn't for the contract they'd have found a way to keep him somehow.

Hey Yanks.

We're comin'

Ok. Se you there.
Does Bumgarner have some undiagnosed mental deficiency or something ? He's a boring twat that's playing on the second biggest market and still acts like,e a jackass.
Also no surprise he goes after. I origins that show emotion on the field. That's a no-no in his world. Always root for him to lose (unless he came to the Yankees of course)

Thank goodness the Angels only have one Trout

Greinke pitched a beastly game again, besides him (and Calhoun)

Also, yet another reminder why nobody likes Harper

I feel bad for him as well. Especially since people have been saying negative things about him since the trade.

He seemed like a really nice guy.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Picked up tickets for Price's first start on Monday vs Minnesota, all that was left was the outfield nosebleeds. Gonna be a full 50k there, no doubt.

Lexxism

Barry Davis ✔@SNBarryDavis
Roster moves from #bluejays Kawasaki recalled. Tepera optioned. Carrera and Valencia DFA'd.

Valencia? WTF?

zroid

Banned
Roster moves from #bluejays Kawasaki recalled. Tepera optioned. Carrera and Valencia DFA'd.

Valencia? WTF?

Odd...

edit: Apparently Revere is going to be an everyday player, not sure I like this. I just hope they don't decide to bat him leadoff everyday (he is today, presumably because Tulo is sitting). He's a good #9.

The Blue Jays haven't won the AL East since 1993. Focus on the wild card brehs.

haven't won a wild card berth since... ever

might as well go for broke!

Picked up tickets for Price's first start on Monday vs Minnesota, all that was left was the outfield nosebleeds. Gonna be a full 50k there, no doubt.

I bought my tickets on Tuesday night before the Price deal and there were a ton of tickets. My friend I just wanted to waste a holiday afternoon. Little did we know.

200 level row 2. Should be fun.

Tulo not in the lineup? :(

Revere leading off.

Why is Tulo sitting?

Thankfully, he just has the day off. Not injured...yet.

I find it weird to see other Jays fans talking trash. They're still well back in the ALE, and even with Price the rotation is still less-than-impressive.

Now, if Stroman comes back in September...

Lexxism

Meh. This is true. I'd at least DH him.

Valencia getting DFA'd also stings. He came through. Though I do think Revere should be an everyday player.
Well, they can send Collabelo down instead of Valencia especially he has options left. It's really a stupid move.

Carrera has been playing pretty well as of late and has had some big hits. Valencia also hasn't been bad himself, from what I've seen.

I don't like them being DFAd. However, I'm not sure of who I would have chosen, because Colabello's bat is good.

Bringing Kawasaki up is for infield insurance, I guess, but I'd much rather have Carrera.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I bought my tickets on Tuesday night before the Price deal and there were a ton of tickets. My friend I just wanted to waste a holiday afternoon. Little did we know.

200 level row 2. Should be fun.

Yeah, I've never been there when the dome was full, one of the reasons I didn't care that seats were so far back. It's gonna be electric in there.

Bringing Kawasaki up is for infield insurance, I guess, but I'd much rather have Carrera.

Yea, that's the thing. They have to keep Tulowitzki healthy.

edit: Early 90s Dome was incredible. They'd be losing 8-1 to the Twins and the place would be packed. Late 90s/00 Dome was depressing.

harSon

Banned

Valencia? WTF?

That's pretty stupid Lol. Hope the Pirates somehow get him, would be a perfect platoon partner with Pedro.

TraBuch

Banned
Mark Saxon ‏@markasaxon
Source: #Dodgers only picking up $500k of Bronson Arroyo's contract, including buyout. Media has exaggerated some of their financial outlay

Can't wait to see what the Braves do with that extra 500K.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Mark Saxon ‏@markasaxon
Source: #Dodgers only picking up $500k of Bronson Arroyo's contract, including buyout. Media has exaggerated some of their financial outlay

Can't wait to see what the Braves do with that extra 500K.
The buyout is 4.5 mil.

Bronson Arroyo rhp
2 years/$23.5M (2014-15), plus 2016 option
•2 years/$23.5M (2014-15), plus 2016 club option •signed by Arizona as a free agent 2/7/14
•14:$9.5M, 15:$9.5M, 16:$11M club option ($4.5M buyout)
•if traded, 2016 option increases to $13M
•acquired by Atlanta in trade from Arizona 6/20/15
•acquired by LA Dodgers in trade from Atlanta 7/30/15 with $7,926,229 remaining on contract ($3,426,229 in 2015 salary and $4.5M buyout) and Braves paying Dodgers as undisclosed amount as part of the deal

The fuck is Buttgarner getting salty over DeShields' bat toss? DeShields is pissed because he popped-up but Butt had to reinforce the white old timer baseball rules of no fun allowed.

For as much skill as Madbum has, he seems to be really uppity about DA RULEZ OF DAH GAEM. Unlike true American hero Kershaw.

Sorry forgot Dodgers don't like players with emotions.

half the doyers are emotions smh

Top Bottom