• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

harSon

Banned
Pirates are probably about to go on a long losing streak. Our starting pitching is pretty terrible at the moment. Morton and Locke have been vulnerable for a while, and with AJ injured.... It's not going to be pretty. And as Joe Blanton showed - he's a 5th starter that the Royals were more than willing to part with for a reason. Don't get me started about our bullpen :(

Syrinx

Mets win tomorrow and they're right back in the thick of things in the NL East. Crazy how that loss to SD two days ago seemed like the death knell for the season and now we're just two back in the loss column.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets win tomorrow and they're right back in the thick of things in the NL East. Crazy how that loss to SD two days ago seemed like the death knell for the season and now we're just two back in the loss column.

Really? Death Knell?

I viewed it as a set back. Not as an end to the season.

Silkworm

Can't count on anyone.

We must kill the Giants.

But if the Dodgers make the postseason, who will kill the Cardinals? I'm not expecting too much this season from the Dodgers (hopefully get to the postseason but likely lose to the Cardinals at some point), however if they can win the division and the Giants aren't able to get a wild card bid that will have to do ;-)

Enron

Banned
I was surprised the Rangers made the moves they did before the trade deadline considering they aren't contenders.

You realize Cole Hamels has several more years of control, right? The moves were more for next year and if they can grab the 2nd wild card this year, then hey bonus.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was surprised the Rangers made the moves they did before the trade deadline considering they aren't contenders.

It wasn't for this year.

Rangers and Angels losing?

05mvaI4.gif

With respect to Valencia, who I'm sure is a very lovely guy, there is way too much hand-ringing going on in Jaysville over to the DFA of a bit part player on a .500 team.

zroid

Banned
With respect to Valencia, who I'm sure is a very lovely guy, there is way too much hand-ringing going on in Jaysville over to the DFA of a bit part player on a .500 team.

it is not as big a deal as some are making it out to be, but it was essentially a choice between him or Colabello, both of whom have about the same wRC+ for the season while Valencia has a lower BABIP; moreover, while neither are good defensively, Colabello is actually a negative WAR player for the season because his defence is so atrocious.

edit: I also forgot to mention that Valencia can of course play more positions than Colabello so he's inherently more valuable. He's a natural 3B so he can give Donaldson a day off or to DH potentially, and can be used as an emergency 2B. Colabello can't.

Can't count on anyone.

We must kill the Giants.

You might get some help with the Giants schedule this month:

Braves
Cubs
Astros
Nationals
Cardinals
Pirates
Cubs
Cardinals
Dodgers

And they have 2 off days. In the month of August. This is pretty much nothing but playoff teams with no off days... plus the Cubs, who are 1 game back of the Giants for the wild card and would like nothing better than knocking them out.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You might get some help with the Giants schedule this month:

Braves
Cubs
Astros
Nationals
Cardinals
Pirates
Cubs
Cardinals
Dodgers

And they have 2 off days. In the month of August. This is pretty much nothing but playoff teams with no off days... plus the Cubs, who are 1 game back of the Giants for the wild card and would like nothing better than knocking them out.
Yep, nothing but playoff teams and the cubs on that list.

zulux21

It wasn't for this year.

Rangers and Angels losing?

hopefully the angels continue to lose and the twins lose a few more while bal, tor, chi, tampa, texas, tigers win a bit more.

I mean I really want the white sox to just go crazy and take control of the wild card and make a run at the division, but imagine how crazy next month would be if at the start of the month 8 teams were with in a game of each other for the top of the wild card (1st slot not second slot)

Enron

Banned
lol. The Braves are on the verge of getting swept in 4 games by the Phillies. Let's cut the bullshit.

Who cares anyways, I want the Braves to be as garbage as possible. There's no reason to win. The season came to a screeching end a couple of days before the trade deadline. It's now about getting the new guys up to the big club and having them take their lumps.

TraBuch

Banned
It's a good thing the Braves have a highly regarded SS in AAA if it turns out Simmons' injury causes him to miss some time.

Top Bottom