• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT3| Only 187 More Days Till Opening Day 2016

RBH

I like how yesterday's postponed game in Atlanta is now throwing off today's Game 162 schedule for MLB. Every game was supposed to start at 3pm ET on the final day of the season, but now they have that awkward doubleheader at 100pm and 430pm with Atlanta and St Louis.

Well, it doesn't matter for either team.
........I'm fully aware of that.

I like how yesterday's postponed game in Atlanta is now throwing off today's Game 162 schedule for MLB. Every game was supposed to start at 3pm ET on the final day of the season, but now they have that awkward doubleheader at 100pm and 430pm with Atlanta and St Louis.

Well, it doesn't matter for either team.

Flakster99

About the Blue Jays blowing that 9th inning lead, I ain't even mad. After their B-lineup shenanigans for 2 straight games, left a bad taste in my mouth. Serves them right.

Impressive, and any of those teams could win it all. It is worth noting that the five worst records in baseball are all in the National League, including two in that very division. I wish my team played Cincinnati throughout the season.

At the same time, though, the Cardinals, Pirates, and Cubs have to play the other two for 36 games as well (and Pirates incidently have losing records vs the Reds and Brewers)

Some really good baseball though to watch though. I'd love to see an NLCS with two of those teams (Cards-Cubs would be particularly cool)

zroid

Banned
Buerhle 16 years and not even 1 stint on the DL while pitching 200 innings year after year

What a horse
In a way I'm glad we lost yesterday because it takes HFA out of the Jays' control, so there's less pressure to play to win. Much, much rather Papa B get to 200 innings than win game 162.

3N16MA

Banned
Yanks playing exactly like they should. Lull them to sleep and then knock em out in the postseason.

I'm going with that.

jbug617

Banned
Farrell is back and the surprise is that Lovullo is also back as bench coach. He waived the right to interview for any manager job this offseason

@GordonEdes: Sox announce John Farrell will be back as manager and Torey Lovullo bench coach for 2016.

RBH

Rooting for the Astros to win the AL West.

635662721169808292-GTY-472082196.jpg

At the same time, though, the Cardinals, Pirates, and Cubs have to play the other two for 36 games as well (and Pirates incidently have losing records vs the Reds and Brewers)

Some really good baseball though to watch though. I'd love to see an NLCS with two of those teams (Cards-Cubs would be particularly cool)

Yeah, I don't want to sound down on any of those three teams. The Royals only won the series against the Pirates of those three, and went a combined 5-7. It's a shame they have to eliminate each other in the wild card and first series.

Farrell is back and the surprise is that Lovullo is also back as bench coach. He waived the right to interview for any manager job this offseason

Thank god.

We need Lovullo as insurance just in case Farell screws the pooch again and we have to fire him.

Or maybe 2016 is the next World Series year. Is that how this works under Farell?

Great bad bad Great?

zroid

Banned
How many of Gattis's triples have been away from MMP?

That park just seems particularly suited to bizarre ass triples lol

Parch

Buerhle 16 years and not even 1 stint on the DL while pitching 200 innings year after year
What a horse
Impressive career. He's such a laid back guy too and a liked teammate. He's a class act.

Does Buerhle make the playoff roster? Or was there an agreement that he gets a 200 inning deal instead? I don't really see him providing much in the playoffs, but that's got to be a tough decision to deny the veteran a shot at the playoffs.

rinse82

Impressive career. He's such a laid back guy too and a liked teammate. He's a class act.

Does Buerhle make the playoff roster? Or was there an agreement that he gets a 200 inning deal instead? I don't really see him providing much in the playoffs, but that's got to be a tough decision to deny the veteran a shot at the playoffs.

The news today is that he's retiring after the 2 innings and not expected to be on the playoff 25

zroid

Banned

Buehrle is such a damn class act that he publicly took Gibby and Alex off the hook should they choose to leave him off the postseason roster. He basically implied that if they don't think he can help them then don't.

The news today is that he's retiring after the 2 innings and not expected to be on the playoff 25

I saw that, it seems a bit weird considering he might be needed as an injury replacement. Hopefully he's not like 100% committed to not pitching again, lol.

Parch

Gibby is really being a player's coach this week instead of being real serious about first overall. Give the regulars 2 games off. Let Buerhle pitch on 1 day's rest. It's what the players want, but maybe not upper management. Home field advantage could mean one or two extra sold out games and that's a significant amount of revenue.

Top Bottom