• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT3| Only 187 More Days Till Opening Day 2016

So they're still making the playoffs, but where does the Yankees collapse rank on the all-time list? I mean, in the span of two months they've gone from having a handy lead in the AL East to the second wild card spot.

kcxiv

300 strike outs for Kershaw this season, not sure we were going to see this happen for a long time with how limited pitchers are now days. Limited innings wise.

BigAT

So they're still making the playoffs, but where does the Yankees collapse rank on the all-time list? I mean, in the span of two months they've gone from having a handy lead in the AL East to the second wild card spot.

I don't know if it's still true, but about a few days ago the Yankees had the 3rd best record in the AL since the All-Star break. Yanks haven't been playing great, but the Blue Jays have been playing completely lights out. Their run differential is 100 runs more than any other team in baseball.

Sal with the blast! New Royals record for catcher with 21 homeruns.

I don't believe in momentum, but definitely prefer entering the playoffs on a 5 game win streak and locking up home field than the alternative.

Honestly, you leave him in there. You aren't coming back, so let him hit the milestone and bench your starters. The Royals are up 5-0, what difference does this game make?

Well, fuck.

Buehrle was getting rocked, but the defence didn't help. They seemed too eager to help.

Hopefully this won't carry over into the post-season.

7Ks for deGrom, boys. He's on!

If what happens what I think is going to happen, then I can feel relieved going into the postseason.

zroid

Banned
Honestly, you leave him in there. You aren't coming back, so let him hit the milestone and bench your starters. The Royals are up 5-0, what difference does this game make?

I mean, he had thrown almost 50 pitches in the first inning on one day's rest. I wish we could have left him in but I don't blame Gibby for pulling the plug. His health is more important.

There may have been an understanding that if things get ugly Buehrle would want to be taken out. He wouldn't look on the milestone fondly if it ended with him giving up 10 runs in two innings in a game he really shouldn't have been pitching.

My issues right now are with defence and Revere getting the final out at third in the first. Buehrle isn't the worst thing about this game.

I mean, he had thrown almost 50 pitches in the first inning on one day's rest. I wish we could have left him in but I don't blame Gibby for pulling the plug. His health is more important.
He's retiring. What health? Lol not like his arm is going to fall off.

Just another of the million questionable calls by Gibby.

Buck and Pat made a decent point about it though: at that point even getting 200 innings it would be kind of tarnished, no? Not like Buehrle would have felt good about it even if he did get 200.

I personally would have left him in but not going to murder Gibby over it.

His health? He's retiring after today...literally his last ever appearance on a major league mound. He already said he wasn't going to be on the postseason roster. He needed what, four more outs?

The only way Jays get ALCS home field advantage is if Jays win and Royals lose today right?

Also, if Royals get knocked out in the ALDS, it wouldn't matter then since the KJays will get home field advantage anyway.

The only way Jays get ALCS home field advantage is if Jays win and Royals lose today right?

Also, if Royals get knocked out in the ALDS, it wouldn't matter then since the KJays will get home field advantage anyway.

Right on both accounts. Like I said yesterday, I wouldn't read too much into HFA. Unlikely that both teams will advance anyway. It really comes down to which divisional matchup you get, and I'm not sure the Royals are better off against the wild card winner.

I'd take either the Rangers or Angels over the alternative.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
BAHHHHHHH

Lowrie gets struck out on a generous call and then Castro looks like Castro and the Astros leave RISP again.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So, what was the point if he didn't even make 200 IP?

He would have done it for 15 straight seasons which has only been done 4 times before.

zroid

Banned
He's retiring. What health? Lol not like his arm is going to fall off.

Just another of the million questionable calls by Gibby.

His health? He's retiring after today...literally his last ever appearance on a major league mound. He already said he wasn't going to be on the postseason roster. He needed what, four more outs?

or maybe he changes his mind after some reflection and doesn't retire? or maybe he's needed in the postseason due to an injury to another starer? maybe it causes long lasting damage to his well being if he's pushed too far?

come on.

So giving Mark a shot was a good call. The Royals are likely to win today so winning today for the Jays would have meant nothing. Best to use this day as bullpen pitcher try outs.

Also, I'm kind of glad we're not playing the wild card team. And if there is a tie breaker for division between tex and hou then their ace gets used up regardless and we won't have to face him twice in the ALDS.

Its also interesting to note that people keep assuming BOTH the Jays and Royals are going to make it to the ALCS, so all this home field advantage talk....

zroid

Banned
Its also interesting to note that people keep assuming BOTH the Jays and Royals are going to make it to the ALCS, so all this home field advantage talk....

it's pretty stupid to be honest. the only people who are getting hung up over it are those who don't understand how HFA would actually work, and/or don't realize that it's more important to let players recuperate as much as possible before the postseason starts than to worry about a road game 7 that may or may not happen.

i think for a lot of people it's more a pride thing where they can say their team has the best record in the league

or maybe he changes his mind after some reflection and doesn't retire? or maybe he's needed in the postseason due to an injury to another starer? maybe it causes long lasting damage to his well being if he's pushed too far?

come on.

I don't really think the retirement was 100% by choice. His last six outings took him out of the rotation for postseason.

Are you honestly arguing that removing him in the first inning of a game he's losing 9-0 preserves his utility going forward? He has zero confidence now. The team had zero confidence in him. He's done.

Top Bottom