• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i wonder if the braves will have wheelchair access from the clubhouse to the field at suntrust park.

I wonder if this means Shapiro and Atkins got through to Rogers that maybe trying to at least be competitive in the international free agent market is a semi-decent idea?

Oh who am I kidding, this is probably a one off. Rogers is too fucking cheap.

Malo

Banned
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Yankees have expressed willingness to pay half of Brian McCann's remaining $34M, but want multiple top young players in return.

really? lol
You expect them to give him away? McCann still has value and should net something decent.

Yankees should have been all over Lourdes.

Edwin is still in play. Jose is most likely gone.

I don't know. I think this feels like Edwin isn't gonna happen. I could see them pushing for Bautista as a first basemen if he's willing to sign to a modest contract.

I would like to see the Jays pursue some speed too.

Choomp

Banned
So it's starting to look like the Braves/Phillies won't be cakewalks next year again. Not saying they'll necessarily be good, but we'll see.

So it's starting to look like the Braves/Phillies won't be cakewalks next year again. Not saying they'll necessarily be good, but we'll see.

Braves will be better if their starting pitching is better. Braves starting pitchers in 2016 had a combined ERA of around 7.50.

RBH

v412rfS.jpg

Parch

Edwin is still in play. Jose is most likely gone.
I think it was Davidi on sports radio saying (or probably just speculating) that Encarnacion was not happy with the Jays offer. He's going to get a stupid huge offer from somebody so it's probably down to how much he wants to stay in Toronto.

I wouldn't be surprised if both are gone with Morales signing and now they're shopping for an outfielder and bullpen.

Why do the D-backs insist on having the ugliest uniforms in baseball?

I will say this again: What makes this any different from the jerseys they wore in the 90's and early 2000's, which was just as gaudy, yet are beloved for the most part?

I would much rather have teams take risks in regards to jersey design and especially color, ala' the Marlins and D-Backs, then do the same old neo-classical or 'homages from the past' bullshit that are perpetuated throughout baseball nowadays.

rekameohs

Banned
Just get rid of the sublimation and I'm fine. At least the "bloody sock" pants are gone.

The teal and dark is way too clashy though. Keep the white+teal and scrap the rest.

Choomp

Banned
Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal Source confirms: #Mariners acquire Danny Valencia from #Athletics. First reported: @JeffPassan.

Mortemis

Banned
Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal Source confirms: #Mariners acquire Danny Valencia from #Athletics. First reported: @JeffPassan.

Solid pickup for just a guy like Paul Blackburn. He's been a good bat but sucks at 3B, looks like we'll have him in RF and 1B.

I will say this again: What makes this any different from the jerseys they wore in the 90's and early 2000's, which was just as gaudy, yet are beloved for the most part?

I would much rather have teams take risks in regards to jersey design and especially color, ala' the Marlins and D-Backs, then do the same old neo-classical or 'homages from the past' bullshit that are perpetuated throughout baseball nowadays.

I don't like that sentiment at all, as it's almost always an excuse to throw up some trash for the sake of being "new". Does "risk" really matter when the jerseys are godawful?

I dunno, the jersey on the far right is nowhere near as gaudy as the ones next to it. It looks like they had no idea of what they wanted to do with their color scheme(s), so they shit out about eight or nine to cover their bases. Like, the teal + dark grey ones fucking suck.

With that Dbacks uni change, reminded me. Sas on uniwatch twitter account that under armour will be making unis starting 2019 i think, taking over for majestic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom