• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

That makes 74 right?

i swear he was over 75 before the tourney started. and has already hit one before today.

and he just smashed a ball to score a run w/ a hard single.

4-4. if Waseda only had pitching....

stands are packed, lol

CxRPDyIWgAAJwRC.jpg

4-6 already and Risei is attacking now lol.

Well if either of these teams reaches Senbatsu it'll certainly be entertaining.

BAHAHAHAHA 8-6 now.

Jesus Christ the Risei coach is pissed despite re-taking the lead.

Beckx

Riseisha at least put their ace back in

at 11-6 it may be too late for Soujitsu to make any moves. maybe Kiyomiya can hit an 8 run homer.

Riseisha at least put their ace back in

at 11-6 it may be too late for Soujitsu to make any moves. maybe Kiyomiya can hit an 8 run homer.

It's bases loaded one out now.

Fuck is "defense"?

Whelp nevermind the Soujitsu clean-up hit into a double play to end the inning.

Malvingt2

‏@JonHeyman
sources: Braves r among teams showing strong interest in chris sale. they have the pieces to get it done, too. great farm!

The Atlanta Braves have joined the Chris Sale derby in a big way and are among the teams trying hardest to land one of baseball’s best pitchers.

The White Sox listened to offers at the July trade deadline for Sale, but rival teams seem to believe there is a greater likelihood than ever that Sale will be dealt this winter. The White Sox are said to be listening on co-ace Jose Quintana and just about all their veteran players, including Todd Frazier and Melky Cabrera, who are free agents after the year.

The Dodgers have been reported to be looking at Sale, as have the Nats (via Bob Nightengale of USA Today), but the market would have to be vast for the left-hander who may finish in the top-six in Cy Young balloting a fifth straight year.

The Braves are exactly the sort of team that has the pieces to get a Sale trade done, with a stash of young prospects, especially pitchers, that is among the best in baseball, if not the best. (The Dodgers and Nats probably also have the prospects to do a Sale trade.)

The Braves’ top young player is shortstop Dansby Swanson, but the White Sox have a very good young shortstop in Tim Anderson, and the Braves have many more good young players, so perhaps they could do it without Swanson. The Braves have other fine infield prospects (Ozzie Albies, Rio Ruiz, Austin Riley, Kevin Maitan and Travis Demeritte) plus a stash of young pitchers (Sean Newcomb, Mike Soroka, Ian Anderson, Touki Toussaint, Max Fried, Joey Wentz, Kyle Muller, Lucas Sims) that could form the basis of a big deal.

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-braves-join-sale-derby-white-sox-seem-serious-time/

Beckx

Anthony Bass will be coming back to the states after pitching for the Fighters in Japan in 2016. He was a solid starter and key in the playoffs, pitching fantastic in relief when the bullpen was depleted by injuries.

Will be interesting to see where he lands.

4 years and the loss of a draft pick for Fowler, an average 2 WAR player on the wrong side of 30 is madness. Good luck, whoever decides to bite. Enjoy your contract full of regret.

thefro

4 years and the loss of a draft pick for Fowler, an average 2 WAR player on the wrong side of 30 is madness. Good luck, whoever decides to bite. Enjoy your contract full of regret.

I think he's 2.5-3 now (obviously that may dip some in Year 3/4).

Maddon fixed his defensive positioning when he came to the Cubs so he shouldn't be negative WAR defensively anymore. The problem was he was standing in the wrong spot to start with, not that he couldn't make the plays.

I hearing $17.1 mill or so as a starting offer for both Kenley & JT? I didn't really pay attention to the local sports news on this.

zulux21

Swanson, Enciarte for Sale.

don't know who the second one is...
but they are going to want more than just two players for sale.

it will likely take one top 5, one top 10 and two more top 20 players of an org with a good farm to get sale.

sale is going to be 28 next year and is owed roughly the same amount for the next 3 years as Zack Greinke is owed next year. The white sox also have no actual need to trade him during the off season.

if he is going to be traded it will have to be a decent overpay.

BFIB

I'm assuming the Braves are lining up big for that 2018 market.

Harper is going to get 400 mil isn't he?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
don't know who the second one is...
but they are going to want more than just two players for sale.

it will likely take one top 5, one top 10 and two more top 20 players of an org with a good farm to get sale.

sale is going to be 28 next year and is owed roughly the same amount for the next 3 years as Zack Greinke is owed next year. The white sox also have no actual need to trade him during the off season.

if he is going to be traded it will have to be a decent overpay.

Ender Inciarte. He just won the NL GG for CF.

As far as your package structure:

Sean Newcomb
Max Fried
Cristian Pache
Travis Demeritte

I could live with that.

It's crazy how much he's being wasted. Weak FA class, now is the time to move him.

Trout will never be moved from LA, ever. There is no amount of prospects or current players that can even come close to the skill set he has.

And lets be honest, he is the one reason to actually go and see an Angels game. He is the face of the franchise, and probably their best player since, what, Vladdy Guerrero? Angels management and ownership need his name and face more then he needs them, because he is probably the most famous person in Orange County right now. The Angels aren't very good aside from him, so what happens when he leaves? Angels get lost in the sports shuffle even compared to their only other competition in Anaheim, the Ducks. What other reason is there to go to Angel Stadium? It doesn't have the illustrious history that Dodger Stadium benefits from, so all it really is, is an old ballpark with no real history to it aside from the world series they won in 2002.

Chris R

Trout will never be moved from LA, ever. There is no amount of prospects or current players that can even come close to the skill set he has.

And lets be honest, he is the one reason to actually go and see an Angels game. He is the face of the franchise, and probably their best player since, what, Vladdy Guerrero? Angels management and ownership need his name and face more then he needs them, because he is probably the most famous person in Orange County right now. The Angels aren't very good aside from him, so what happens when he leaves? Angels get lost in the sports shuffle even compared to their only other competition in Anaheim, the Ducks. What other reason is there to go to Angel Stadium? It doesn't have the illustrious history that Dodger Stadium benefits from, so all it really is, is an old ballpark with no real history to it aside from the world series they won in 2002.

It is an old stadium, but I had fun for the three games I attended in April :(

It is an old stadium, but I had fun for the three games I attended in April :(

Granted, I've never been there, so take my words with a grain of salt. But it kind of has a really cookie cutter design, being made in the era before multi-use stadiums, with no real standouts architecture wise that come with other stadiums of it's ilk, the most notable being of course Dodger Stadium up the Freeway.

Chris R

Granted, I've never been there, so take my words with a grain of salt. But it kind of has a really cookie cutter design, being made in the era before multi-use stadiums, with no real standouts architecture wise that come with other stadiums of it's ilk, the most notable being of course Dodger Stadium up the Freeway.

Oh it's generic in every sense of the word. And it's age shows. The upper seating was a total nightmare, way too narrow of a concourse for the amount of people there.

I was just saying I don't know what else I'd really want from a ballpark. I go to parks for games. The could do a better job with a reconfigured seating setup to get fans closer to the action or a better view (and drop the prices a bit while they are at it) I guess.

Angels Stadium is and has always been pretty good. Good tailgating, easy to get in and out of, great sight lines, way better food and drink options than dodger stadium (it's not even close). Completely renovated 20 years ago and still an all around decent park.

And say what you want about Arte Moreno, he has tons of low price ticket, food and souvenir options, probably more than anywhere else in the majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom