• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So goodbye Edwin?

theScore ‏@theScore 1m1 minute ago

Edwin Encarnacion's agent: '(The Blue Jays) did make us an offer and it wasn't quite where we wanted (it) to be.

Just pay what he wants dammit

BigAT

So goodbye Edwin?

Edwin Encarnacion's agent: '(The Blue Jays) did make us an offer and it wasn't quite where we wanted (it) to be.

They have to save that money to extend Bautista.

So goodbye Edwin?

Losing EE will suck, but I'm not going to be horrified if the Jays don't sign him to a 5 year, 125m deal.

BFIB

So goodbye Edwin?

We all know he's going to Boston.

Beckx

Appears to be certain that the Bucs move Cutch out of CF. I assume they put Marte there over Polanco but we'll see.

I'd say something like "I need Free Agency to pull me from this depression" but I know if anything it's just gonna make it worse.

Thanks Mets!

#Removeallhope2016

Arod is a "hero" because he donates 0.0001% of his yearly salary (without endorsements) to Clinton.

That's like somebody who earns $100,000 donating 10 bucks.

Stay losing.

I for one am shocked that Texas boy Jake Arrieta is right-wing.

A-Rod 4 Prez

$2700 donation is pretty hilarious

I think there are limits to what an individual can donate. he can't just straight up give her a million dollars.

Beckx

Damn, Samurai Japan brought the A team tonight. Ohtani, Nakata, Akiyama, Yamada, Tsutsugoh, Kikuchi.

I remember this cat from the LLWS a few years back. Still a beast it seems.

yeah, he's on everyone's draft board for next year if he goes

Nah, I get that. I am saying 27 hundred is hilarious.

heh, it's just the actual individual cap number per candidate/election

rando14

Makes sense for the Barve to sign colon and dickey I suppose, should be very short deals in what is clearly a rebuilding phase. Dickey is mediocre at best but he eats innings...

Meanwhile My Mariner are apparently interested in Mike napoli? *PUKE

Malvingt2

Josh Norris ‏@jnorris427
So the Braves have added *TWO* pitchers who are more than twice as old as the stadium they're vacating?

clemenx

Banned
Man, I don't know why but seeing Matt Wieters in free agent lists makes me feel stupidly old.

Feels like yesterday that everyone was super hyped about him, saying "Mauer with power" the stupid tshirts, this website.

For some reason the fact that he ended up being super average and forgettable makes it worse. I don't feel this way about say, King Felix and I vividly remember his first start.

Grab bag of news.

#Brewers have announced noon press conference with GM David Stearns and manager Craig Counsell. We’ve been waiting for extension news.

Mets push for Cespedes, and formulate a Plan B

— Potential replacements such as Jose Bautista and Dexter Fowler have been discussed, but the Mets still prefer Yoenis Cespedes and are focused on a reunion with the star outfielder.

Team brass departed the General Managers’ Meetings on Thursday with a better idea about the landscape should Cespedes depart.

Nevertheless, there is a resolve within the organization to find common ground with Cespedes’ camp that would lead to the sides striking a deal on a new contract by the time the Winter Meetings conclude early next month.

#Mariners have expressed interest in free agent Brett Cecil, sources say. Seattle is determined to add a left-handed reliever. @MLB

Bartolo Colon will have played for Cleveland, Montreal, the White Sox, the Angels, the Red Sox, the White Sox again, the Yankees, the A's, the Mets and the Barves and will be pitching in his 20th big league season at age forty-frickin-four.

I'm about the same age as that guy and I can barely get out of bed anymore.

BigAT

Love this free agency listing's description of Colon:

Cw_iMc7VEAEpMQR.jpg

Malvingt2

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Bartolo Colon made his MLB debut the day Turner Field opened. He'll now pitch at the new Braves park. The dude outlasted a stadium.

wow

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Yankees have expressed willingness to pay half of Brian McCann's remaining $34M, but want multiple top young players in return.

really? lol

rando14

It's kinda crazy to see how much PEDs must have played a role in extending the careers of players like colon, Clemens, barry, Ortiz, etc. Like not just a couple years, but several. Losing a season due to punishment is so worth it....

It's kinda crazy to see how much PEDs must have played a role in extending the careers of players like colon, Clemens, barry, Ortiz, etc. Like not just a couple years, but several. Losing a season due to punishment is so worth it....

Hey man, Ortiz didn't put a damn thing in his body.

fuck ortiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom