• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

The Infant is doing fairly recently so far this season. With his contract, we have to get him going. It's not like Colon didn't enter spring training as the clear favorite. Colon just didn't get it done.

Kennedy is the issue tonight. He's got zero command. Walks, hit batters, wild pitches.

I know Roberts wa to some rest for the BP, but he really needed to pull stripling after the 5th. Also Grandall should have caught that foul but instead cost us a run

zulux21

for the people that are curious how the white sox jays game ended
the video is up

I also see cleveland lost to the twins already and Kc is on their way to losing (though so were the white sox) but if that holds true today could be a great day to be a white sox fan :p

Macattk15

Taijuan Walker not fucking around this season so far.

12 K's ... 7IP .... Over 118 pitches, strikes out the last 6 faced .... last pitch at 97.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Gomez is a fucking idiot.

Why the fuck would you attempt to steal when you're down by one and have one out?

Everything going poorly for KC bats tonight. Even decent hits are flying straight to the outfielders.

Baseball was a mistake. Regroup for tomorrow.

RBH

GettyImages-520966784.jpg

And Erick Aybar? The shortstop whom we were told wouldn’t be much of a dropoff from Andrelton Simmons because Aybar would be better offensively? Well, he’s been an unmitigated disaster so far, even worse at the plate than he’s been in the field.

In fact, it’s not an exaggeration to say Aybar has been arguably the worst position player in all of baseball this season. He was out of the lineup for a second consecutive game Monday as manager Fredi Gonzalez rested him in light of his current struggles and bad career numbers against Red Sox righty Rick Porcello.

Among those with enough plate appearances to qualify, Aybar has a majors-worst .159 on-base percentage, a National League-worst .136 batting average, an NL-worst .182 slugging percentage, and a majors-worst .341 OPS. (Tampa Bay’s Brad Miller, at .409, is the only other hitter within 100 points of him).

That about covers it. But wait, there’s more with Aybar. Consider: With runners on base, Markakis is 14-for-26 (.538), second-best in the majors, while Aybar is a National League-worst 2-for-32 (.063) with one walk and five grounded-into-double-plays.

And with runners in scoring position, Markakis’ .588 (10-for-17) is tied for third-best in the majors, while Aybar is tied with four other qualifiers for worst in the majors at 0-for-13, including three GIDPs.

When a left-hander is pitching, the Braves thus far would have been better off if Aybar had stayed home: He’s 1-for-22 with no walks and two GIDPs against lefties.

s8Qz3K.gif

zulux21

its like price and greinke are competing to see who was the worse signing

the price signing amuses me more, but only because there is a red sox fan at my work and I got to have the same conversation with him two years in a row.

last year
him: "Red sox signed pablo sandaval."
Me: "thank god, also I am sorry."
him: "Huh?"
Me: "I am glad to see a different team than the white sox sign him, and I am sorry because there is no way he will be worth it."
him "Oh he will."

this year
him: "Red sox signed david price."
Me: "thank god, also I am sorry."
him: "Huh?"
Me: "I am glad to see a different team than the white sox sign him, and I am sorry because there is no way he will be worth it."
him "Oh he will."

in other thoughts, who wants to guess if chris sale is going to suck it up tomorrow. it seems like when sale is going on a roll he runs into an opposing pitcher who is doing horribly and all of the sudden sale has an off night and the other guy does great.

thus I say when the starters leave tomorrow sale will have given up 4 runs over 6 innings and dicky will only give up 1 through 7.

hope I am wrong, but yeah :p

Parch

in other thoughts, who wants to guess if chris sale is going to suck it up tomorrow. it seems like when sale is going on a roll he runs into an opposing pitcher who is doing horribly and all of the sudden sale has an off night and the other guy does great.
Sale vs Dickey, and you're betting on Dickey? Don't go to Vegas.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
New York Mets ‏@Mets

We’ve placed Travis d’Arnaud on the 15-day DL with a right rotator cuff strain and selected the contract of Rene Rivera from Las Vegas.

Well, he lasted all of three weeks.

Top Bottom