• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm assuming that is a photo showing two hotdogs with mustard and relish. I really can't tell, since I used up my ENTIRE MONTHLY DATA CAP loading that monstrosity.

You could tell what it was from that blurry mess? I thought it was big foot.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm assuming that is a photo showing two hotdogs with mustard and relish. I really can't tell, since I used up my ENTIRE MONTHLY DATA CAP loading that monstrosity.
you're welcome. If the braves hit a home run I'll post it 5 more times.

Windu

Certainly could be.

Then I'm in no danger at all!
8QgWhLv.jpg

zulux21

bad baserunning by brett but this is an obvious overturn.

edit: and it was. he not only got in well before the tag, but the tag likely missed him as well lol

edit 2: my prediction about dicky was off, ideally it gets really off with runners on 2nd and 3rd no one out.

zulux21

yay sandurs lost track of the ball and fell over.

shame he didn't miss it out right but a sac fly is still good as a clean catch there would have stopped the run from coming in.

jbug617

Banned
Heyman about Jays pending FA

blue jays offer to encarnacion was for 2 yrs guaranteed plus vesting option(s). EE didn't counter, hopes to get 4/5 as FA

jays told encarnacion they may revisit contract talks at AS break. EE loves toronto but seems unlikely to eschew free agency

jays believed willing to go 3 yrs (at $20M plus) for bautista (no confirm of official offer). he sought at least 5 for 150M

also on bautista/encarnacion: w/ ortiz retiring, red sox obvious landing spot for 1 or other. this is known to all.

Beckx

awesome

i don't know what they've done but MLB.TV now appears to be unsupported on chromebooks

how do you get this this wrong?

zulux21

awesome

i don't know what they've done but MLB.TV now appears to be unsupported on chromebooks

how do you get this this wrong?

no the flip side there are strong rumors that with in the next few months chrome books should get an update that allows them to use most of the google play apps thus the android mlb.tv should work eventually.

edit: dicky's reaction to that last homerun is soooooo gifable.

zulux21

looking quite likely that the white sox are going to be the first team to 15 wins... Yay.

also white sox have a good chance of scoring a season high runs as 7 is the most they have scored this season twice now (once last night) it does seem like the offense is starting to heat it up, which if the pitching stays good it could be a very very fun season to watch.

looking quite likely that the white sox are going to be the first team to 15 wins... Yay.

also white sox have a good chance of scoring a season high runs as 7 is the most they have scored this season twice now (once last night) it does seem like the offense is starting to heat it up, which if the pitching stays good it could be a very very fun season to watch.

Drake LaRoche confirmed to be clubhouse cancer?

Beckx

apparently Cutch and Freese launched back-to-back homers, i wouldn't know, i'm looking at the unsupported screen, giving MLB the stink eye.

zulux21

Drake LaRoche confirmed to be clubhouse cancer?

perhaps, though it is far more likely to me that the following people
Mat Latos
Brett Lawrie

aka the people said to be clubhouse cancers were able to spark some life into a team that was missing an edge. I disliked ozzie guillian as a manager as he really didn't think about what he was doing at all, but he at least had passion and fired up people. Robin is super laid back in general and thus likely doesn't do a good job lighting a fire under his players.

Someone in a Fangraphs chat brought up the possibility of, if the Marlins are out of the race by then, Barry Bonds getting some ABs in September just for the fuck of it. Please let this happen.

Windu

Someone in a Fangraphs chat brought up the possibility of, if the Marlins are out of the race by then, Barry Bonds getting some ABs in September just for the fuck of it. Please let this happen.
Yep I saw that. I sooo want that to happen. Would probably have to be a interleague game with the DH though if you want him to have multiple at bats.

They have better talent on the bench than on the everyday roster

Bonds
Wallach
Mattingly
Lenny Harris
Ichiro

Windu

Dusty Baker is an idiot. Keeps Oliver Perez in against RH batters. I'm not sure who is worse. Dusty or Fredi.

zulux21

I forgot to ask. anyone in here watch any of the white sox broadcasts with their new broadcast guy (justin I think it is) instead of Hawk?

gotta say I like the new dynamic, though to be fair there hasn't been much going wrong this season to compare to the times where hawk would usually be throwing a fit on air :p

Windu

I forgot to ask. anyone in here watch any of the white sox broadcasts with their new broadcast guy (justin I think it is) instead of Hawk?

gotta say I like the new dynamic, though to be fair there hasn't been much going wrong this season to compare to the times where hawk would usually be throwing a fit on air :p
No, I didn't realize they had a new guy. Too afraid to listen to that feed, don't want to get hawk.

zulux21

No, I didn't realize they had a new guy. Too afraid to listen to that feed, don't want to get hawk.

if you are bored you can give it a try. Hawk is only going to be around for select series this year. I think the last time hawk was around was the first series of the season.

edit:
Starting with the 2016 season, Harrelson cut back his schedule to road games and select home games. Jason Benetti took over as the television announcer for most home games.
edit: the surgery was from last year, not sure why hawk isn't on this road trip but the new guy is still fine.

I remember when I thought the Twins would have the outfield of dreams. They got a box of cracker jacks for Hicks and Buxton can't hit at this level....

Top Bottom