• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BFIB

Brewers gonna have a tough year, except when they send a lefty out against the Cards.

Whoa, just realized my name change. WrassleGAF, you crazy!

JDeluis

Plunked down and paid for MLB.Tv premium and adfreetime again this year . 60fps on Apple TV 4 looks great. Too bad I'll be at work during the Dodgers game. :/

And the fan sitting in front of row of the Giants and Brewers game is distracting me with the twins she seems to be smuggling.

Chuck

Still without luck
Curious since I only ever watch the O's, but does every team have a cheesy opening day introduction of everybody?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bagel sandwich for lunch today. Turkey, bacon, avocado, cucumber, onion, whole grain mustard.

BumRush

From Rotowire:

Rotowire.com said:
Bumgarner was dealing with flu-like symptoms Sunday, but is reportedly feeling better Monday, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Spin: Bumgarner will make his scheduled start Monday in Milwaukee, but it's worth noting that he may not be at full strength while still dealing with the residual effects of the flu. Still, Bumgarner remains a relatively strong play in daily leagues, considering the less-than-stellar Milwaukee lineup he'll be facing.

Makes sense why he looked 'off' in the first couple...

Both teams... are just... so boring. And Bum takes 25 seconds between pitches. Dude's a rain delay.

They should just go back to showing the snow outside.

Maybe it's because I had to watch the entire career of the human rain delay, but Bum's never bugged me that bad.

Trachsel legit took almost 2 minutes between pitches sometimes.

ngower

Grew up loving baseball, sorta fell out of love with it when I moved from Houston to Boston and thus couldn't really follow my team (they sucked and were in the National League, and save for the Killer B's era, really couldn't get on national TV). I do want to try and follow them this year but my only option to watch games is the MLB.tv subscription. Just curious if anyone here's got one and what they think about it? On the fence but with the student discount it *just* gets into that threshold of affordability.

rando14

Grew up loving baseball, sorta fell out of love with it when I moved from Houston to Boston and thus couldn't really follow my team (they sucked and were in the National League, and save for the Killer B's era, really couldn't get on national TV). I do want to try and follow them this year but my only option to watch games is the MLB.tv subscription. Just curious if anyone here's got one and what they think about it? On the fence but with the student discount it *just* gets into that threshold of affordability.

Do you have T-mobile? You could get MLBTV for free!!

BFIB

Do you have T-MOBILE? If so you get it free this year.

It's the best streaming service ever made. Get it.

Braves starting 9

1. Inciarte, CF
2. Aybar, SS
3. Freeman, 1B
4. Garcia, 3B
5. Markakis, RF
6. Olivera, LF
7. Pierzynski, C
8. Peterson, 2B
9. Teheran, P

Maybe it's because I had to watch the entire career of the human rain delay, but Bum's never bugged me that bad.

Trachsel legit took almost 2 minutes between pitches sometimes.

Fangraphs has his pace at 23.6 seconds between pitches on average. OMG.

Joel Peralta is at 30.9 seconds between pitches. Papelbon at 29.5 seconds.

Boriiiiiiiiiiiiing.

I've lived in three different cities the past five years, and T-Mobile was trash in all three. There's a reason they pile on all this free promo stuff. If you live in a huge metro area with decent coverage, they make sense. Just don't expect coverage when traveling anywhere.

Rivitur

Banned
Damn you weather! I just wanna watch the Astros :(

Chris Carter has two walks.

Is this real ?
Maybe this year he won't wait until 2 months left in the season to realize he needs to watch video of his swing to fix his stance... Which he's done two years in a row now.

This is my 3rd season, and I started when I was a student. Have never regretted it. Also they have a single team option if you just want to follow the Astros. It is not that much cheaper, but every little bit counts.

I've lived in three different cities the past five years, and T-Mobile was trash in all three. There's a reason they pile on all this free promo stuff. If you live in a huge metro area with decent coverage, they make sense. Just don't expect coverage when traveling anywhere.

They have the BEST data plans, but I couldn't keep my unlimited (which is actually unlimited not "unlimited but really 10 gigs") and the horrible awful service.

I mean I live 30 miles out of Boston, not bumblefuck Alabama, I should at least get a single bar in my house.

ngower

This is my 3rd season, and I started when I was a student. Have never regretted it. Also they have a single team option if you just want to follow the Astros. It is not that much cheaper, but every little bit counts.

Yeah I saw that. On the one hand I realistically doubt I'll watch much more than the Astros (I already have the MLS package and I barely get to watch more than my Revs each weekend), but on the other hand it's only like $30 more for the full package. Dastardly pricing scheme.

BFIB

They have the BEST data plans, but I couldn't keep my unlimited (which is actually unlimited not "unlimited but really 10 gigs") and the horrible awful service.

I mean I live 30 miles out of Boston, not bumblefuck Alabama, I should at least get a single bar in my house.
Pablo eating all the signal.

Macattk15

Mariner fan on the East Coast. Only way for me to watch the Mariners. I also watch other games at random if I want to see the match-up or if it's opening day .... otherwise I would never be watching this Brewers/Giants game.

I have bought MLB.TV for the entire season at the "full season" one-time payment cost and never looked back each year.

Top Bottom