• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BumRush

Frozen, you always know a ton about international players:

Is the 27 year old Cuban MI Jose Fernandez someone the Mets should go after? I'm still not convinced Cabrera is the answer...Maybe having Yo' would help...

Jesus at this quote by him:

“It’s obviously the No. 1 thing,” Greinke told Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. “I could play for the worst team if they paid the most. … If the last-place team offers $200 million and the first-place team offers $10, I’m going to go for the $200-million no matter what team it was.”

I dont think I have ever seen a player in any sport be so open about only caring about money.

Is the 27 year old Cuban MI Jose Fernandez someone the Mets should go after? I'm still not convinced Cabrera is the answer...Maybe having Yo' would help...

I'm always weary of older Cuban infielders and inflated numbers.

At this point I'd do what we've been doing, target middle range and fringe top-10 Dominican players and supplement with older LA players to feel out the INTL market.

We're not players in Asia so we need to keep our INTL spending in check.

Haven't seen a lot from him other than a few cuts, he's got a decent bat, but his defense is really suspect (he's probably a third basemen). I'd just sit on what we have and hope we can make it work.

Jesus at this quote by him:

I dont think I have ever seen a player in any sport be so open about only caring about money.

Well... why shouldn't he? The teams he pitches for are going to run him into the ground and destroy his arm, why shouldn't he max out his earnings while he can? He'd be an idiot not to do so.

Six of their Top 10 prospects are middle infielders.

What do you think?

BumRush

I'm always weary of older Cuban infielders and inflated numbers.

At this point I'd do what we've been doing, target middle range and fringe top-10 Dominican players and supplement with older LA players to feel out the INTL market.

We're not players in Asia so we need to keep our INTL spending in check.

Haven't seen a lot from him other than a few cuts, he's got a decent bat, but his defense is really suspect (he's probably a third basemen). I'd just sit on what we have and hope we can make it work.

Cool! After watching Wright man 3rd last night, our next 3B needs to be above average field/arm...

Well... why shouldn't he? The teams he pitches for are going to run him into the ground and destroy his arm, why shouldn't he max out his earnings while he can? He'd be an idiot not to do so.

He is free to use what ever he wants to pick a place to play, it is just that most people at least try and make it seem like the decision is about more then just more. I was just surprised by his candor.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Quick everyone buy mlb 15 the show. Probably 10$!

yvNI1dx.jpg

Fernandez is likely MLB ready, the closest to the bigs right now is Cheech and he needs at least another year plus in the minors.

Yeah, there's no way the can justify Fernandez when 3rd base is huge unknown. .

Rosario is ranked above Cheech and there's also Dilson.

After that you have Carpio, Reynolds and Ramos.

He is free to use what ever he wants to pick a place to play, it is just that most people at least try and make it seem like the decision is about more then just more. I was just surprised by his candor.

I have more respect for Grienke than most other players because of his candor. He's bluntly honest about the shit that bugs him and that's super refreshing in a game that's become increasingly afraid for people to step out of line.

Rosario is ranked above Cheech and there's also Dilson.

After that you have Carpio, Reynolds and Ramos.

Reynolds is a super UTL infielder, Carpio and Ramos are non-starters, Rivera is another UTL guy, Rosario is 3 years away, Dilson is a pure 2B who can spot at short a game or two but not sit there.

Fernandez would immediately help the team, is the point I think he was trying to make. We have a glut of MIF in the minors but none of them are immediate assets at short.

BumRush

Harper's probably going to end up as one of the top 5 best baseball players of all time if he stays healthy. Jesus Christ...

jman2050

Harper's probably going to end up as one of the top 5 best baseball players of all time if he stays healthy. Jesus Christ...

The crazy part is that this can be true and it can also be true that he wasn't even the best player of his generation.

The era of Trout and Harper is going to be a good one.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Holy crap Ryan Howard. How bad can one player be?

Wait wut
Lol that's my reaction too. On UPF a few weeks ago he talked about it. Guess he was working at the local tv station with that video archived and thought it would be funny to put on YouTube.

Top Bottom