• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Line_HTX

I see you in the corner, Xia. What position do you play out in the field?

;P

ChBSAIXWYAAes1t.jpg:large

JDeluis

The Dodgers losing to the Miami is embarrassing. Kershaw had more hits than any other player in the starting linuep.

The same thing was happening last year when ever Kershaw pitched.

Oh my god the MLB.tv viewer is beyond broken.

It started playing advertisements in the middle of an AB for 2 minutes and I couldn't skip them or turn them off. But if you turn Adblocker on, the damn thing doesn't even work at all.

What a piece of shit for $150. Like what the fuck. It plays adverts? I pay that much money to watch adverts?

rando14

Oh my god the MLB.tv viewer is beyond broken.

It started playing advertisements in the middle of an AB for 2 minutes and I couldn't skip them or turn them off. But if you turn Adblocker on, the damn thing doesn't even work at all.

What a piece of shit for $150. Like what the fuck. It plays adverts? I pay that much money to watch adverts?

Kodi brah

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Cubs Pitchers 60 wRC+

Braves Entire Team 56 wRC+ (remove the pitchers and the braves are at 62 wRC+!)

Yeeeeepppppp

WgBlJMu.png

Barves continue to dominate the battle for the #1 draft pick.

4 - 16

32 win pace!

I think the more interesting subplot for their season is how many homers they hit. They're on track for 24 homers right now. As far as I can tell, the record low for a 162-game season is 49 by the 1979 Astros. Unless they significantly increase their production, they're going to smash that record.

Not counting the war years (i.e. the 1945 White Sox hit 22 homers) or strike-shortened years (i.e. the 1981 Padres hit 32 homers), you have to go back to the beginning of the live-ball era to see the kind of production the Braves are showing: the 1931 Reds hit 21 homers, the 1921 Red Sox hit 17, and the 1920 Pirates (who were arguably still in the deadball era) hit 16.

Also, point of comparison: the 1916 Braves hit 22.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

The team formerly known as the “Bronx Bombers” is 27th in majors with a .370 SLG. Of course, that’s still 90 points above #Braves’ 280 mark.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

The team formerly known as the “Bronx Bombers” is 27th in majors with a .370 SLG. Of course, that’s still 90 points above #Braves’ 280 mark.

Braves have had Pierzynski in the cleanup spot.

lol

zulux21

going to my first game of the season tonight, as usual rooting against the twinkies

well I hope you are disappointed then, as I am rooting for the twinkies due to the fact that they are still 7 games under .500 and far less of a threat to the division than Cleveland :p

zulux21

Did First Take really debate Arrieta using PEDs? Lol.

he was bad, then came to the cubs and was suddenly good. obviously it's PEDs and not a pitching coach letting him do what he naturally wants to do and nurturing his talent instead of trying to reinvent him as he reaches the majors even though he found success in the minors.

Top Bottom