• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

thefro

If Nintendo sells suddenly NOA will have a $600 million+ warchest (which I don't think will be easy to bring back to Japan due to US tax laws).

Beckx

Topps is making a special Cutch 3HR game card, which is neat.

Only other Bucs w/ 3HR in a game: Willie Stargell, Roberto Clemente, Ralph Kiner. This was his second.

he was bad, then came to the cubs and was suddenly good. obviously it's PEDs and not a pitching coach letting him do what he naturally wants to do and nurturing his talent instead of trying to reinvent him as he reaches the majors even though he found success in the minors.
Exactly. It's not like he wasn't a hyped prospect in the minors. He obviously had the talent but just didn't put it all together.

It's probably all mental for Shelby Miller right now. To be on the other side of a trade that made everybody laugh at the Diamondbacks has to put a lot of pressure on someone. Pitching in a hitter's park doesn't help.

Line_HTX

Seattle Mariners ‏@Mariners 4m4 minutes ago

Nintendo of America will retain a 10% stake in the team. Remainder of its holdings sold to other members of First Avenue Entertainment LLLP.

Reggie still has ownership. Hostile takeover incoming. J/K

Macattk15

Thank god. Nintendo FINALLY selling their majority stake. That is some of the best news I have ever heard as a Mariner fan. AND Howard Lincoln fucking off.

And they aren't going to move the Mariners .... look at the market they control up in the far fucking corner of the USA.

This a good thing? I don't know anything about the minority owners in the Mariners

Thank god. Nintendo FINALLY selling their majority stake. That is some of the best news I have ever heard as a Mariner fan.

And they aren't going to move the Mariners .... look at the market they control up in the far fucking corner of the USA.

guess it is lol

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Important: Mariners have internal bylaws that required any sale of controlling interest to minority owners, first. That happened
Note: MLB's owners will need to approve the closing of the Mariners transaction. Word is that will happen at the August meetings.
Maury Brown @BizballMaury

rando14

Sell the team to Griffey, Buhner and Edgar!

tub-e1375942589322.jpg

Mortemis

Banned
Man everywhere I read M's fans are turnt at this news. This is pretty exciting.

Gotta say thanks to Nintendo and Yamauchi for keeping baseball in Seattle, but man it's time for someone new at all points of the organization.

Malvingt2

So let say that Braves finished with the worst record and get #1.... what can they do for 2017? team wise? because who in hell would want to play with the Braves now?

gamz

Exactly. It's not like he wasn't a hyped prospect in the minors. He obviously had the talent but just didn't put it all together.

He was their number 1 pitcher in the minors. His talent was already there it was a matter of unlocking it. All of their tops pitchers spoke out against that pitching coach.

BTW - I'm not sure if this game gets played tonight. If they do I don't think Jake is starting. Esp if it's going to be stop and go all night long.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
David Ortiz hit a single that he went to second on. Cheater. The braves can't do that.

Mortemis

Banned
M's new Chairman & CEO: "My goal and the goal of the entire Mariners ownership and management team is to win a World Series."

You guys will get a laugh thinking "duh", but our last chairman legit said that his goal isn't to win a World Series, to just field a competitive team (which he failed numerous times). You can see why m fans are happy about this, and not a fan of Lincoln at all.

Chris R

No one would move that big chunk in the NW to that mess near OKC.

What exactly is that map representing? Just wondering why more of the outlying states in the NW are deeper blue... Or why Alaska apparently has zero Mariners fans (but plenty of Red Sox and Yankee fans in the villages).

Top Bottom