• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

As a Royals fan, I'd say the White Sox look very strong. Can't knock them for who they have faced, cause you don't pick your schedule. They're winning games, and doing so in style.

I don't think they are going to win 115 games this season, so of course this pace isn't sustainable. But it doesn't have to be. Last year, the Royals jumped out to a big early lead and just maintained it all season long. That's all you really have to do.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
home run hot dog x 5

mAW4Lt7.jpg

mAW4Lt7.jpg

mAW4Lt7.jpg

mAW4Lt7.jpg

mAW4Lt7.jpg

Here's a newer version from 2015. There are a lot of Mariners fans up in Alaska.

That map could probably sneak some Cubs/Braves/Astros into south Louisiana, honestly. I don't really think the Yankees are that loved here.

geez, quote that post, mang I don't need weiners that big in my face

zulux21

As a Royals fan, I'd say the White Sox look very strong. Can't knock them for who they have faced, cause you don't pick your schedule. They're winning games, and doing so in style.

I don't think they are going to win 115 games this season, so of course this pace isn't sustainable. But it doesn't have to be. Last year, the Royals jumped out to a big early lead and just maintained it all season long. That's all you really have to do.

As a white sox fan, I'd say the white sox look a lot like the royals from last year. A team that is having fun and won't give up. On paper the start the the schedule looked rough (decent teams and only 1 off day until early may), but the big thing is the white sox are beating up below .500 teams, something they haven't done in a long time (in fact I would guess that the white sox had a better record against teams .500 or above than teams below .500 the last few years)

but yeah they won't win 115 games. I am thinking maybe 90-95, depending on what happens at the trade deadline, but yeah a start like this is huge, it's much easier on a team to keep playing fun good baseball when they get off to a good start instead of claw their way back towards the top.

edit: in 2005 the white sox started 16-6 in that season they ended up with 99 wins with the highest batting average on the team being .290. They won with pitching that year too. though defense has been a lot better this year for the white sox.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
As a white sox fan, I'd say the white sox look a lot like the royals from last year. A team that is having fun and won't give up. On paper the start the the schedule looked rough (decent teams and only 1 off day until early may), but the big thing is the white sox are beating up below .500 teams, something they haven't done in a long time (in fact I would guess that the white sox had a better record against teams .500 or above than teams below .500 the last few years)

but yeah they won't win 115 games. I am thinking maybe 90-95, depending on what happens at the trade deadline, but yeah a start like this is huge, it's much easier on a team to keep playing fun good baseball when they get off to a good start instead of claw their way back towards the top.

I've got 20-22 and 26-29 May marked on my calendar! Seven head to head games in a little over a week.

zulux21

I've got 20-22 and 26-29 May marked on my calendar! Seven head to head games in a little over a week.

I am really hoping that isn't the period where the pitching suddenly goes in a funk :p (I don't think it will though, I expect a nice close series likely with it ending 4-3 in favor of KC :p)

I am hoping that KC isn't Detroit from 2012 where the white sox were doing great most of the season but when they faced Detroit they just beat up the sox and caught them and passed them :/

Top Bottom