• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zulux21

the KC score is beautiful right now.

the cubs score not so much as I was hoping the white sox would be the first to 20 wins :p

zulux21

mlb.tv player on PC is so bad... I am curious how customer support will respond to this.
9Rr7vtB.png

Peru

Sweep.

MLB.tv player usually streams fine for me, but when I'm watching VOD and want to navigate to specific innings it always seems way unstable.

zulux21

Cubs win!

Swept the Bucs out of their own house!

it's gonna be a magical season for the cubs, up until the point that they start resting their starters in mid sept because they have the division locked up, and then can't get it back into gear and are swept out of the playoffs by the wild card team.

Sweep.

MLB.tv player usually streams fine for me, but when I'm watching VOD and want to navigate to specific innings it always seems way unstable.

it was running fine for a while but it has been unusable for the last week or two. it will stutter for a long time until it finally starts working at like 210P. meanwhile on the ps4 it works great, same with my tablet :/

BFIB

Diaz batting leadoff lol?
He really needs to be up in the order.

1. Marp
2. Diaz
3. Piscotty
4. Holiday
5. Adams/Moss
6. Grichuk
7. Molina
8. Wong
9. P

Platoon:

1. Marp
2. Piscotty/Hazelbaker
3. Adams/Moss
4. Holiday
5 Grichuk/Hazelbaker
6. Diaz
7. Molina
8. Wong/Gyoroko
9. P

Caja 117

Is it an ouch? Seems to me to be a blessing in disguise.

He was one of the few players was hitting the ball hard in the Batting order, Hopefully Tex picks up.

"Rodriguez is 6-for-17 (.352) with four runs, two doubles, three homers and six RBIs on the Yankees' current trip." from their webpage.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Gonzalez said he had just gotten off the phone with general manager John Coppolella and said he told his boss: “There are only three outcomes: 1) Fire me. 2) Give me a vote of confidence through the rest of the season. 3) Pick up my 2017 option. … I am good with any of this.”

Well, options 2 and 3 are off the board. I spoke with Coppolella, and he mainly did not want to discuss the status of his manager. But clearly there will be no vote of confidence or picking up of Gonzalez’s option. There was internal sentiment to ax Gonzalez last year when the Braves began 42-42, and then finished 25-53. Gonzalez is well-liked inside and outside the organization, but there are questions about his strategy skills, especially in manipulating a bullpen, and one person close to the decision-makers said the perception is the Braves would like to change the subject sooner than later.
http://nypost.com/2016/05/04/braves-are-going-to-fire-fredi-gonzalez-soon-but-then-what/

edit:

NsffFSu.jpg

28th lineup now, lol

The actual players in this lineup are pretty bad so I can pretty much see Diaz at lead off. Would prefer Piscotty-Holliday-Diaz or something like that

Bigger question: Why is Molina playing 1B? His value is in his defense.
Yadi's 128 wRC+ is a smidge ahead of Piscotty's 125.

Sub .100 ISO but I'd gladly take the .410 OBP in the lineup. Matheny also seems to be throwing all the RHBs out there against the LHP - would you rather have Yadi or Moss starting?

Top Bottom