• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zulux21

That's fair. We were in the driver's seat all last year and it's a good feeling.

Right now we've got three teams sitting over .500. Teams will get hot and cold at different times of the year. I'm hoping our recent slump is wrapping up. I fully expect the Tigers to go on a tear in May.

despite the record, I would say the white sox are just starting to heat things up. their pitching has obviously been on all season, but their hitting is starting to heat things up too. Obviously there are going to be bad starts here or there, but it's hard to imagine this team going into a long slump unless someone gets hurt. but yeah divisional play will be huge, especially since the white sox haven't done much of it yet.

At the very least maybe some people will finally start paying attention to Quintana and realize that he is a very good pitcher that is just hiding in Chris Sale's shadow. I know all three of them will not say sub 2 era on the season, but sale and quinatana could easily stay very good all season. Latos I am feeling is far less likely, but I will enjoy his ride while it lasts. Meanwhile Rodan should get better as the season goes on, and the white sox 5th starter improved by a ton today so that is nice.

I am loving having a team focused on pitching, as pitching isn't as prone to long slumps as hitting can be. It can happen, but given you have someone different each night it's much easier to correct the pitching with one player being on than the hitting with only one player being on.

it does suck that the cubs play at noon tomorrow though, as they will likely be the first team to 20 wins instead of the white sox :p

the sox have a nice little team, but their record is a little flukey so far. they've been good, but they haven't been .704 good. also, the danger with a team built mostly around pitching is that pitchers get injured constantly.

it's fun when both chicago teams are doing well, though.

zulux21

the sox have a nice little team, but their record is a little flukey so far. they've been good, but they haven't been .704 good. also, the danger with a team built mostly around pitching is that pitchers get injured constantly.

it's fun when both chicago teams are doing well, though.

it's true injuries could end things quickly.

it's also true however that the white sox are repeatedly one of the least hurt pitching staffs in baseball. Have been for the last decade or so.

but yeah it is doubtful the white sox end with a.704 record, but a .600 could be possible baring only a few injuries over the season.

they are a good team right now (though should stay in first or near it all season long without to much trouble), and with out a doubt they are going to make a few moves to become even better. They have plenty of hitting as well, it's also starting to come to life. Not as much as the cubs, but plenty to win games.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Condiment poll up on OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214673

Time for MLB-GAF to shine!

Why you trying to rig the poll with putting mustard up top and ketchup on the bottom?

edRx29J.gif

jehuty

If this season is over for the Yankees ( I'm a realist, it's like 97.6 over for them) then I want to see some of the talent in the minors come up and show what they got. What exactly is the point in trotting out pond scum like didi and headley amongst others? I'm on the fence with Girardi (if he is fired, would anyone really miss him?), and cashman definetly has to go (it's time, it's been time). I know it's a car crash but it's still hard to watch. The Brewers have a better record than the Yankees....... The Brewers :(

RBH

Apparently, Mallex Smith has to spend just 9 more days in AAA Gwinnett in order for the Braves to gain an additional year of control.

In that case, I'm perfectly ok with sending him down once Inciarte is back this weekend.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

zroid

Banned
I feel like the Jays have been getting really unlucky recently, no? Without getting too deep into the underlying stats...Bullpen finally got their first win and is now 1-7 I think and their record in one run games is like 2-7.

Last couple games they batted under .200 with risp. I think it's easy to see the runs they put up and the strikeouts and get scared their offense isn't the same as last year, but I feel like if everything just starts "leveling out" they'll be above .500 and close to first in no time.

I think they've been unlucky AND they've been bad. Last year when they struggling they were more unlucky than bad. The great starting pitching and improved defence is why the games have been close, the bullpen is why they're losing the close games anyway.

That said, Tulo and Martin can't possibly keep hitting under .200...
gulp

guac is terrible

You are a fucking monster and I do not say this lightly

imBask

Banned
Guac is good, but it's no hot dog material. You can't just put anything in a hot dog and call it a hot dog, there are rules to follow you savages

Beckx

Shohei Otani hit his fourth HR of the season (off Wada) this morning and is batting 292/.352/.604 (he's DH 3 of out every 6 games a week).

what a monster

but if you're expecting him to get posted this offseason, don't get your hopes up

According to Nikkan Sports, the NPB is set to let the renegotiation window on the Posting System lapse. People close to the situation have told the media that making changes to the Posting System may not be high on the NPB’s list of priorities right now because there is a good chance it will not be used this upcoming off-season and because the MLB is already busy with other discussions. The decision has already been confirmed during an executive committee meeting. (via YakyuDB.com)

Otani's value to the Fighters is too high to go at the cap anyway, the real possibility is that a team pays him a bonus big enough to buy out his contract, which is legal and avoids the posting system entirely.

Top Bottom