• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

RBH

3SCgvgt.jpg

loogys are going to destroy this lineup

edit: well any pitcher but having 4 lefties in a row isnt too smart.

ed0XbPn.gif

Kinda surprised that they're putting Inciarte in LF and Mallex in CF instead of the other way around.

Edit: This is interesting:

Most Defensive Runs Saved by CF - 2016
Leonys Martin (Mariners) 7
Kevin Pillar (Blue Jays) 7
Mallex Smith (Braves) 7
https://twitter.com/msimonespn/status/728972425698918400

Lttp lol Barney you P.O.S!!! Keep your mouth shut next time. It ruined your little game...

Tipcapsalute.gif on Pillar's catch. Awesome catch

Pretty sure he means if they see him doing what he's doing now, which is pitching one day and then hitting 3 days a week.

Gotta think there's basically a 0 percent chance of this happening. Maybe in the AL as a DH, but that's it. Still don't think teams will go for it.

What happened? I heard them talk about on the tv broadcast, but didn't know what they were referring too.

Barney got excited getting a RBI hit off of Kersh. But then cost his team a couple of errors throughout the game after that,

I'm just over reacting to it. Probably because Barney sucked as a Dodger. But anyone got footage of that catch? He dove pretty far to get that ball

Way to start the game! Three run monster blast from Kendrys Morales. 420+ feet.

I think the Royals have scored three runs maybe twice in the last two weeks...

I don't think Charlie Steiner is bad. The only issue I have with him is he sometimes acts like the crowd and over-exaggerates a fly ball. Other than that Steiner and Monday are fine.

Rick Monday is great. Steiner grates on me though. The exaggeration thing is dead on, but he's also not great at filling in time with anything particularly interesting. Maybe it's just that he comes on after Vin and how does anyone do that really.

Z0kqP.png
@ the walk/strikeout % numbers. How soon is "soon"?

He only has one year were it's below 10%. This year it's at 8 so far but hopefully that improves. You can live with the strikeouts as long as his walk rate is above average.

Yankees should just let him have one more year in the minors and give him a roster spot next spring training.

Beckx

yay not over!

Gotta think there's basically a 0 percent chance of this happening. Maybe in the AL as a DH, but that's it. Still don't think teams will go for it.

Jim Allen thinks he would have been the best batter in NPB if he had focused 100% on it, so he's going to hype the idea. But from all the reports over the last few years it's clear batting is important to the guy so yeah, you'd think he'd end up in the NL. Gotta be Dodgers or Giants unless someone unloads cash to beat them.

------------

oh

now its over

rats

Joe

Yeah but if he's having that much trouble making contact in AAA, how's he going to be in the majors?

How do you come to the conclusion that he's having trouble? I'm not trying to be crass, I'm genuinely curious - I'm not too savvy with advanced statistics. To me, his numbers say that he's doing well above average offensively but needs to work on his patience and selectivity.

How do you come to the conclusion that he's having trouble? I'm not trying to be crass, I'm genuinely curious - I'm not too savvy with advanced statistics. To me, his numbers say that he's doing well above average offensively but needs to work on his patience and selectivity.

He's not walking and striking out a lot. Those are often pretty good indicators of how a guy is going at the plate. Combine that with the high BABIP and I think he'd be eaten alive by major league pitching. That's not to say he's going to be a bust, but bringing him up now could also destroy his confidence. Let him marinate a little more.

Joe

He's not walking and striking out a lot. Those are often pretty good indicators of how a guy is going at the plate. Combine that with the high BABIP and I think he'd be eaten alive by major league pitching. That's not to say he's going to be a bust, but bringing him up now could also destroy his confidence. Let him marinate a little more.
Ahh ok, I gotcha. Thanks.

It's going to be a long year at the plate for the Yanks.

Rex Hudler just told a story on the Royals broadcast about playing for the Angels under owner Gene Autry. He says, and I quote, "Gene had a custom cane he'd use to walk around. It was made from a certain part of a bull's anatomy."

WTF part could that be? A leg? He was implying something like a penis, which makes zero sense. Hud gonna Hud.

Chris R

Wait, it's almost 60F in Chicago and everyone is bundled up like it's still Winter?

Also, Mariners better not fuck up tonight

BumRush

Rex Hudler just told a story on the Royals broadcast about playing for the Angels under owner Gene Autry. He says, and I quote, "Gene had a custom cane he'd use to walk around. It was made from a certain part of a bull's anatomy."

WTF part could that be? A leg? He was implying something like a penis, which makes zero sense. Hud gonna Hud.

Maybe the balls were the part you put your hand on?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i don't think Chip, Joe and Glavine understand the infield shift. HRs are not what they are defending against guys.
You know a player is special when he has over half of the team's dingers.
Freddie Freeman > Babe Ruth

Top Bottom