• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Malo

Banned
WnJD356.jpg
It was a strike? No way!

zulux21

Fuck the thug Twins, the pitcher should have been immediately ejected.
Shit umpires.

yeah... that was totally on purpose.
I am more surprised that there weren't any punches thrown.

before robin was ejected it was shown him saying something along the lines of "you heard what he said." and the pitcher when he threw and hit abreu just turned and smirked a bit, before trying to force a disappointed look.

what ever, twins aren't going anywhere, as the announcers said, hopefully in the next two games the umps aren't ejection happy and if sale accidentally runs one in he doesn't get ejected.

both sides seem to be taking it in stride though.

yeah... that was totally on purpose.
I am more surprised that there weren't any punches thrown.

before robin was ejected it was shown him saying something along the lines of "you heard what he said." and the pitcher when he threw and hit abreu just turned and smirked a bit.

what ever, twins aren't going anywhere, as the announcers said, hopefully in the next two games the umps aren't ejection happy and if sale accidentally runs one in he doesn't get ejected.

both sides seem to be taking it in stride though.
Yeah, the Sox can only lose if it escalated.
Frazier looked ready to throw down, you know what Lawrie was thinking, haha.

I just hate bullshit like this.

It's obvious Nate Jones isn't throwing at a dude with a 6 run lead(it was a bit scary but that dude acted like it almost hit his face and it wasn't that high).

I'm glad Robin got ejected, with a lead like this, they don't need him out there and the umpires deserved a "fuck you" for playing dumb and/or being dumb.

zulux21

Yeah, the Sox can only lose if it escalated.
Frazier looked ready to throw down, you know what Lawrie's was thinking, haha.

I just hate bullshit like this.

It's obvious Nate Jones isn't throwing at a dude with a 6 run lead(it was a bit scary but that dude acted like it almost hit his face and it wasn't that high).

I'm glad Robing got ejected, with a lead like this, they don't need him out there and the umpires deserved a "fuck you" for playing dumb and/or being dumb.

good sign that a guy just got hit and it clearly wasn't on purpose and no one got angry or ejected, bodes well for the rest of the series.

red sox fans are fucking pathetic

img

img
I'm a Red Sox fan but I don't want the umpire to fucking die over a terrible strike call. I guess I'm pathetic though. Way to lump us all in with some morons on the internet. I've made comments like yours and realized just how stupid it sounds. There will always be shitty fans with any team.

Line_HTX

So, I went to the Yankees game. It was fun, and very cold.

I liked how the lights flashed like the club during that solo HR in the 7th.

Line_HTX

I gotta say, I think the best view is the 3rd base side aligned with the right foul line in the 2nd deck. It was windy, but at least my face didn't get pelted with drizzling rain.

zulux21

looking at stats I just saw the braves have a higher on base percent than slugging (by .03) (on base is .292 slug is .289)
just unreal.

6 home runs and 0 triples through 27 games.

I wonder if there has ever been a team that had a lower slug than on base at the end of season o_O

zulux21

Chris Sale's average fastball velocity through six 2016 starts has dropped from 94.5 mph to 92.3 in comparison to 2015, per Fangraphs.

I do wonder if Fox or ESPN will be the first to air a game and bring that up as a bad thing as chris sale is doing that on purpose. He is taking the verlander in his prime approach of only throwing at 90% of his power most of the time and saving that last 10% to throw a 99 MPH pitch past a guy when needed.

he looks a little less impressive while pitching, but at the same time he looks like he is throwing so much easier anymore which should help decrease chances for injury.

Man like, bad calls happen. That's just baseball, it's certainly better than roboumps.

Threatening a dudes life over a fucking strike call is just, ridiculous.

I do wonder if Fox or ESPN will be the first to air a game and bring that up as a bad thing as chris sale is doing that on purpose. He is taking the verlander in his prime approach of only throwing at 90% of his power most of the time and saving that last 10% to throw a 99 MPH pitch past a guy when needed.

he looks a little less impressive while pitching, but at the same time he looks like he is throwing so much easier anymore which should help decrease chances for injury.

Saving his arm for October hopefully ;)

It's pretty amazing actually how Sale transitioned in his relatively brief time as a starter.. Throwning fewer sliders, more 2-seamers and reaching back for that 97-98 when he needs it. If he stays healthy he is going to be the next White Sox player in Cooperstown and so far he hasn't had many injury concerns besides some soreness here and there when he became a starter and a freak foot injury.

Ok Syndergaard, lets continue to not throw your secondary pitches.

And he gets the strikeout on a slider.

A lot of the running issues are because Noah is slow to the plate.

But a big, big factor is our catchers being really bad with throw outs, Thor is basically limited to fastballs and changeups unless we improve one of the two areas.

zulux21

Saving his arm for October hopefully ;)

It's pretty amazing actually how Sale transitioned in his relatively brief time as a starter.. Throwning fewer sliders, more 2-seamers and reaching back for that 97-98 when he needs it. If he stays healthy he is going to be the next White Sox player in Cooperstown and so far he hasn't had many injury concerns besides some soreness here and there when he became a starter and a freak foot injury.
I am very curious to see what the white sox do with sale.
is the rest of sale's contract which will take him up to 30 years old. 34-35 is ideally the last year we would want in a long term deal which begs the question which of the following do you do.

A. Sign a new contract with him soon that ups the price for the next few seasons but allows you to get seasons 31-35 down a bit.
B. try for a 4-5 year extension soon giving him around market value for them.
C. wait out the next 4 years because anything can happen to a pitcher in 4 years, but also realize that at that point if he is still good he will likely be looking for a 6-10 year deal at market value bringing him past the cut off age you really want to do with a pitcher.
D. in two years when sale still has 2 years left on his contract if he is still doing well trade him for a huge prospect package (this one will likely depend on how the white sox look in a few years, but I don't think they are going to look bad. Hahn has been very smart with his moves in general and has built a winning team this year without much long term risk.
There's gotta be another White Sox reject the Braves can pick up of the scrap heap. What's Wilson Betemit up to these days?

there is always Conor Gillaspie e that they could trade for

Been listening to home town radio broadcasts every night while walking the dog. Gotta say the Mets crew is my new favorite, great balance of humor and knowledge. Love the A's crew, Ken Korach is the best. Also like listening to the Yankee crew. The Dodger broadcast is a must listen for innings 1-3 when its Vin, pretty bad when Charlie Steiner takes over.

The Pads are the worst when Ted Leitner has the mic, and the Royals radio broadcast puts me immediately to sleep.

Which radio broadcast teams do you really like? Looking for recos to give more chances to. Baseball on the radio is just the best.

Been listening to home town radio broadcasts every night while walking the dog. Gotta say the Mets crew is my new favorite, great balance of humor and knowledge. Love the A's crew, Ken Korach is the best. Also like listening to the Yankee crew. The Dodger broadcast is a must listen for innings 1-3 when its Vin, pretty bad when Charlie Steiner takes over.

The Pads are the worst when Ted Leitner has the mic, and the Royals radio broadcast puts me immediately to sleep.

Which radio broadcast teams do you really like? Looking for recos to give more chances to. Baseball on the radio is just the best.

And the church of Howie converts another.

Honestly I really like the Giants radio crew, the Rays have a pretty solid broadcast too, Rangers and Astros used to be great but they're just mediocre to bad now. And you know, the Brewers have Bob Uecker who is the GOAT.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

You should listen to Chip and Joe on the Braves broadcasts. FP Santangelo over on the Nats broadcast is great too!

e: wait you said radio

You should listen to Chip and Joe on the Braves broadcasts. FP Santangelo over on the Nats broadcast is great too!

I think the Braves finally field a team that meets the quality of their TV booth but I guess different strokes...
Santangelo is ok but their play by play guy is just insufferable.
I love the new Padres booth. Mark Grant was always great but Enberg slowed him down.
White Sox home games might actually be listenable for out of towners now, especially if you like puns and random references. Don't listen to the radio team though. I like their silliness but as baseball announcers they are just terrible.

I like the Cubs(I think Kasper(TV) is completely overrated though, Bob Brenly carried him and now he is really bland) and Cardinals radio guys and obviously the Giants but other than that they all sound alike to me.

Yeah, baseball on tv is fine, but I'd rather just listen to radio calls and do other stuff. TV calls are pretty boring these days outside of the Mets and Vin.

^^ I'll try the Cards again.

Top Bottom