• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I think the Braves finally field a team that meets the quality of their TV booth but I guess different strokes...
Santangelo is ok but their play by play guy is just insufferable.
I love the new Padres booth. Mark Grant was always great but Enberg slowed him down.
White Sox home games might actually be listenable for out of towners now, especially if you like puns and random references. Don't listen to the radio team though. I like their silliness but as baseball announcers they are just terrible.

I like the Cubs(I think Kasper(TV) is completely overrated though, Bob Brenly carried him and now he is really bland) and Cardinals radio guys and obviously the Giants but other than that they all sound alike to me.

Don't worry, I was kidding, Chip and Joe are idiots, and FP is unlistenable.

Pitch 5 was the supposed controversial strike that every red Sox fan was losing their mind about.

The called 2nd strike looked way worse live because apparently McCann was fooled by the late break too and didn't catch the ball until it was damn near in the dirt. But I've seen two separate pitch trackers say it was a strike so I'll buy it.

The called 3rd strike was legitimately egregious and may have been Kulpa's worst call of the night tbh. But at that point everyone was too fed up over the 2nd strike (wrongly) to care about the rest of the at-bat.

It's like I said yesterday though, the Sox have only themselves to blame for losing. It wasn't Kulpa's fault (Ok, it was only slightly Kulpa's fault) that they had RISP in the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th innings and scored a grand total of 0 runs in that span.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
You should listen to Chip and Joe on the Braves broadcasts. FP Santangelo over on the Nats broadcast is great too!

e: wait you said radio
One thing I do like about those three, they can be pretty funny, but yeah they say some stupid shit. I usually listen to the braves radio synced with the TV when I can though.

RBH

Chy_HRGVIAEi7vq.jpg

.@kapaya1234 and Joe Simpson check out the view from where the broadcast booth will be at #SunTrustPark
https://twitter.com/SunTrustPark/status/728667391455006720

The best commentary duo in baseball :')

bebop242

Been listening to home town radio broadcasts every night while walking the dog. Gotta say the Mets crew is my new favorite, great balance of humor and knowledge. Love the A's crew, Ken Korach is the best. Also like listening to the Yankee crew. The Dodger broadcast is a must listen for innings 1-3 when its Vin, pretty bad when Charlie Steiner takes over.

The Pads are the worst when Ted Leitner has the mic, and the Royals radio broadcast puts me immediately to sleep.

Which radio broadcast teams do you really like? Looking for recos to give more chances to. Baseball on the radio is just the best.

You prob have heard the Cubs radio guys, but Pat Hughes is one of the best in the business. Ron Coomer is OK.

Malo

Banned
The called 2nd strike looked way worse live because apparently McCann was fooled by the late break too and didn't catch the ball until it was damn near in the dirt. But I've seen two separate pitch trackers say it was a strike so I'll buy it.

The called 3rd strike was legitimately egregious and may have been Kulpa's worst call of the night tbh. But at that point everyone was too fed up over the 2nd strike (wrongly) to care about the rest of the at-bat.

It's like I said yesterday though, the Sox have only themselves to blame for losing. It wasn't Kulpa's fault (Ok, it was only slightly Kulpa's fault) that they had RISP in the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th innings and scored a grand total of 0 runs in that span.
Sox did their best Yankees offense impression last night. I hope it happens again!
Great post.

Line_HTX

Ortiz was being a baby on a bad call. He acts like a moron whenever a call doesn't go his way. It's embarrassing. Also, why would you leave before the game is over.

I was with sister and her coworkers. We didn't really eat dinner, plus the wind in the middle deck was getting to us.

At least I enjoyed a full cup of Stella.

I like the Brewers play by play guy. He's solid in the postseason for TBS.

All I ever hear when tuning into the Brewers is Uecker. Do the radio guys switch it up?

You prob have heard the Cubs radio guys, but Pat Hughes is one of the best in the business. Ron Coomer is OK.

Agree with your take on Coomer. He's like Langston in the Angels' booth. Just says things to say things sometimes.

Been listening to home town radio broadcasts every night while walking the dog. Gotta say the Mets crew is my new favorite, great balance of humor and knowledge. Love the A's crew, Ken Korach is the best. Also like listening to the Yankee crew. The Dodger broadcast is a must listen for innings 1-3 when its Vin, pretty bad when Charlie Steiner takes over.

The Pads are the worst when Ted Leitner has the mic, and the Royals radio broadcast puts me immediately to sleep.

Which radio broadcast teams do you really like? Looking for recos to give more chances to. Baseball on the radio is just the best.
I don't think Charlie Steiner is bad. The only issue I have with him is he sometimes acts like the crowd and over-exaggerates a fly ball. Other than that Steiner and Monday are fine.

Now TV side is going to get worse.

Choomp

Banned
Watching the Yankees encore, I hate to say it but I think that pitch was a strike. Either way if you're Big Papi up with the bases loaded down by one run there's really no excuse for going down looking

Well I knew the Jays were gonna lose this one, especially with Dickey on the mound, and also with Kershaw pitching.

They'll get the win tomorrow.

God I hate when Dickey pitches for the Jays. So much money wasted on a pitcher that one good year before signing an absurd contract. :(

I really wish they'd just bench him, or have sell hotdogs, anything but actually throw a baseball.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
3SCgvgt.jpg

loogys are going to destroy this lineup

edit: well any pitcher but having 4 lefties in a row isnt too smart.

Top Bottom