• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Fox318

Xia out here banning people for drinking Michelob Ultra. I can get behind this. Make NeoGaf great again.

First they came for the Michelob Ultra drinkers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Michelob Ultra drinker.

Then they came for the Coors Lite drinkers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Coors Lite drinker.

Then they came for the 40s drinkers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a 40s drinker.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

RBH

CilBrp_WsAIZ_Z7.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr. on his cell phone in 1988. Phone cost about $2,000, service plan for the year ran him $7,200
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/732188653959692288

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Canadians and Michelob Ultra drinkers getting banned? amazing. Next we need to get rid of Ketchup lovers.

So dirty slides are okay, but only when they're against players who slide dirty themselves.

Nah.

How about, dirty slides are not okay, no matter who does them?

Batflipgate is almost totally behind us now - but one final thought: Shouldn't the homeplate ump be taking some heat from MLB for not tossing Bush?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
i wonder how well it will run on my laptop. it's only $40 on PC if you get the basic version, but then again it will probably look prettier if i get the ps4 version.

I doubt it will run well at all on mine. I just opted for the PS4 version. GCU + Rewards certs made it about the same price as the PC version.

Toronto Star's Richard Griffin:

Matt Bush is an idiot. Rougned Odor is a punk. Jose Bautista is an old-school baller that plays the game right. John Gibbons is spontaneous and genuine.
Good stuff.

Batflipgate is almost totally behind us now - but one final thought: Shouldn't the homeplate ump be taking some heat from MLB for not tossing Bush?

Warnings were issued. Bautista got drilled in the arm, ball was going to his ribs. Not like Bush tried to take his head off.

Eduardo Perez thinks it was the "perfect spot" to hit Bautista, and thinks that Bush must have been ordered to hit him.

But tossing Bush for a pitch to the ribs? Come on.

ObiDin

I strongly doubt that Bush hit him on purpose. Bautista made a bigger deal out that than he needed to.

I'm pretty sure Bush hit him on purpose. No way to prove that and no ejection at that point was necessary. What's even funnier was Bautista's comments in the offseason about "wearing" it. Guess his ego just couldn't take it.

ElNino

I strongly doubt that Bush hit him on purpose. Bautista made a bigger deal out that than he needed to.
What? That was about as blatant as they come for intentional (or ordered) beans. And I don't even have a problem with it, as I've been thrown at plenty of times, even in little league and high school.

Parch

Of course he hit him on purpose. You could see it building up to that the entire series. There was tension against Batista every game, then they wait until late in the final game of the series to plunk him. Trying to avoid further retaliations perhaps?
Rangers trying to make this all about the slide is ridiculous. It was blatantly obvious Batista got plunked in retaliation for the bat flip.

ObiDin

Of course he hit him on purpose. You could see it building up to that the entire series. There was tension against Batista every game, then they wait until late in the final game of the series to plunk him. Trying to avoid further retaliations perhaps?
Rangers trying to make this all about the slide is ridiculous. It was blatantly obvious Batista got plunked in retaliation for the bat flip.

Well, yes. But I'm pretty sure the punch was for the slide.The whole inning was a study in escalation.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the Rangers did wait until the last game so that there wouldn't be 6 more games with possible injuries and more suspensions beyond this.

cashman

Banned
Nah, the Rangers are in the business of winning games. I've said it before, they're not trying to face Encarnacion, who has burned them before, with the opportunity for him to put the Jays ahead.

Top Bottom