• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Bringing up World Series from 23 years ago is cool and all... but you missed my point.

The irony of the post I was referencing is that the Ranger batflip caused a "salty" reaction regarding said batflip.

Wonder if batflip salt tastes different in Canada.

Did anyone actually care about the Ranger batflip?

Bautista was responding to the Bush plunk, which was a response to THEE batflip.
Rugged Odor responded to Bautista's violent slide with a mean right hook.
Then the Jays responded by plunking Fielder.

No one cares about the Ranger batflip except Rangers fans. That's fine. We play the game that way so getting that sort of revenge is more than fine.

BFIB

Bautista was responding to the Bush plunk, which was a response to THEE batflip.
Rugged Odor responded to Bautista's violent slide with a mean right hook.
Then the Jays responded by plunking Fielder.

No one cares about the Ranger batflip except Rangers fans. That's fine. We play the game that way so getting that sort of revenge is more than fine.

Rangers fans put salt on their hot dog.

You know what, none of this nonsense would've happened if Elvis Andrus wasn't such a terrible shortstop. Maybe Rangers fans should be booing him at every at bat. Especially with that contract.

I was responding to User33 who apparently did?

I don't know. All of it is stupid. Batflips, angry about batflips, plunkings, dirty slides, punches, chants, dresses, bans, Michelob Ultra, it's all stupid. The whole thing. The Jays are stupid, the Rangers are stupid. Toronto is dumb, Texas is dumb, MLB is dumb. I'm dumb, you're dumb, we're all dumb. Whatever.

The only thing that isn't dumb is Bryce Harper and win gifs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
hey i wonder if anyone is talking about that Cole/Lester duel

oh

save me MLB gaf i've fallen into a diablo 3 vortex. my kids and i played all afternoon yesterday and i missed the game.

This is going to be me next week when Overwatch comes out, sans the kids. ;p

I was responding to User33 who apparently did?

I don't know. All of it is stupid. Batflips, angry about batflips, plunkings, dirty slides, punches, chants, dresses, bans, Michelob Ultra, it's all stupid. The whole thing. The Jays are stupid, the Rangers are stupid. Toronto is dumb, Texas is dumb, MLB is dumb. I'm dumb, you're dumb, we're all dumb. Whatever.

The only thing that isn't dumb is Bryce Harper and win gifs.

:lol

Real men drink Bud Select 55.

image.php

Montresor

Here's how a casual baseball fan (me) sees it:

1) Texas Rangers (allegedly) whine for months and months about an objectively cool/awesome thing (Bautista's bat flip). Side note:There is nothing offensive about the bat flip.

2) Rangers started it (tonight) by hitting Bautista first.

3) Bautista did a stupid thing by recklessly sliding into Odor and he deserved to get punched.

4) Anytime I hear "This has been brewing since the bat flip" on the news, it automatically makes me think "They can't be serious can they? This news anchor has to be wrong, right? The Texas Rangers, a bunch of adults, can't seriously still be whining about the bat flip can they?"

Lexxism

4) Anytime I hear "This has been brewing since the bat flip" on the news, it automatically makes me think "They can't be serious can they? This news anchor has to be wrong, right? The Texas Rangers, a bunch of adults, can't seriously still be whining about the bat flip can they?"
Holland was still whining about Bautista bat flip. I assume (or maybe not) the rest of the team share the same sentiment.

imBask

Banned
USA! USA!

The punch : a normal beer
The weak glove slap that followed : american beers

This post was sponsored by BUD LIGHT™, America's favorite beer! Next thing you know you don't put both mustard and ketchup on your hotdogs. America truly disgust me

Here's how a casual baseball fan (me) sees it:

1) Texas Rangers (allegedly) whine for months and months about an objectively cool/awesome thing (Bautista's bat flip). Side note:There is nothing offensive about the bat flip.

2) Rangers started it (tonight) by hitting Bautista first.

3) Bautista did a stupid thing by recklessly sliding into Odor and he deserved to get punched.

When you have East/West coast teams that face each other rarely, this stuff tends to brew as bad as Michelob Ultra.

In Canada, we drop our gloves before we throw a punch.

Also, Beltre had to hold Bautista back because he knows Odor was about to get pounced on. Pillar flailing around like a school kid is the real MVP. He defused the situation with comedy.

BFIB

The punch : a normal beer
The weak glove slap that followed : american beers

This post was sponsored by BUD LIGHT™, America's favorite beer! Next thing you know you don't put both mustard and ketchup on your hotdogs. America truly disgust me
Only mustard on the hot dog. Any other way is wrong.

Sanjuro

I like Moosehead well enough for cheap Canadian refreshment.

They even put a trucker cap in the box. What is more American than that!?

Beckx

I always see the ketchup vs. mustard debate in here. Just to clarify, everyone is cool with relish, yes?

jesus no, the relish people are second only to the onion people in awfulness

This is going to be me next week when Overwatch comes out, sans the kids. ;p

i wonder how well it will run on my laptop. it's only $40 on PC if you get the basic version, but then again it will probably look prettier if i get the ps4 version.

What is more American than that!?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/10/11648388/budweiser-renaming-beer-america

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sports On Earth has a "best uniform" bracket vote thing going. They're currently in round 2.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/177781886/best-jersey-in-baseball-round-two-vote

• We're just talking regular home/road jerseys, the "primary" jerseys. We'll be doing a throwback jersey bracket later, so we want to make sure there is some separation. The home jersey is the one shown, but you're voting on home and road.

• Hats are not accounted for here. We'll be doing a hat bracket later, too.

• Seedings come from the expert in all things jersey, ESPN's Paul Lukas. We're using his rankings from 2015 as our seeding model.

• It's a 30-team league and a 30-team bracket, which means the top two seeds get byes.

jerseybracket_rd2_vjxqhjzj.jpg

Parch

That was fun. There should be more brawls in baseball. Maybe more teams should get a bug up their ass over trivial little things like a bat flip.

crpav

I'd love a Rangers blue jays playoff series this year. It'd be awesome

Could break the record for:

Bat flips
Hit by pitches
"dirty" or "illegal" slides
benches cleared
fan thrown beer on the field
testosterone everywhere
punches thrown at Bautista
ejections'
fines
EVERYTHING!

We should all be happy for the fact that both Peavy and Cain both go through their starts without getting blown up. 5 in a row!

americans talking about their beers

tumblr_inline_o4cobhgDEP1u3gv8k_500.gif

Have you somehow missed the craft beer revolution of the past fifteen years? America makes some of the best beers in the world now.

imBask

Banned
We should all be happy for the fact that both Peavy and Cain both go through their starts without getting blown up. 5 in a row!

Have you somehow missed the craft beer revolution of the past fifteen years? America makes some of the best beers in the world now.

talking about regular to mid-size brewery, not your artsy fartsy hipster basement beer

Parch

Maybe the Blue Jays need an enforcer. They could hire Tie Domi to be the first base coach.
Probably not a good idea. Odor would still kick his butt.

Top Bottom