• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

ElNino

Nah, the Rangers are in the business of winning games. I've said it before, they're not trying to face Encarnacion, who has burned them before, with the opportunity for him to put the Jays ahead.
Bush didn't intentionally throw at Bautista any more or less than Bautista intentionally slid through the bag.

Nah, the Rangers are in the business of winning games. I've said it before, they're not trying to face Encarnacion, who has burned them before, with the opportunity for him to put the Jays ahead.

So are the Jays. Bautista was sliding hard and not trying to hurt Odor but just break up the throw. Close game and we need to gain those wins on the Orioles/Red Sox.

Let's shake hands because no one was to blame here. Just a big misunderstanding.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jonah Keri had a rare baseball edition of his podcast. Braves GM John Coppolella interview. good stuff.

Jonah Keri goes deep with Atlanta Braves General Manager John Coppolella about choosing a career in baseball operations over more lucrative options; the skills needed for those aspiring to careers in sports operations; making his way up through the Angels, Yankees, and Braves front offices; learning analytics; drafting; the ups and downs of the Braves; leading a losing team; managers; behind-the-scenes insight into the Jason Hayward-Shelby Miller trade; trying to time it so that your team is good in time for a new stadium; the future of the Braves; and Coppy’s Life Tip.
http://nerdist.com/the-jonah-keri-podcast-22-john-coppolella/

That slide was dirty. Odor is lucky he lifted his leg up right when he did. Could have been nasty otherwise. Nasty like that shot to the face Bautista got afterwards.

Idk if the Rangers plunked him intentionally or not. It seems like such a monumentally stupid time to retaliate.

They should start having teams shake hands after a playoff series ends and you should have to drop your gloves before throwing punches. They should also put plexi glass barriers up around the infield.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Fangraphs hired Eric Longenhagen to be their new lead prospect writer. That's actually a fantastic hire. Eric knows his stuff and is very well connected in the scouting community.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Fangraphs hired Eric Longenhagen to be their new lead prospect writer. That's actually a fantastic hire. Eric knows his stuff and is very well connected in the scouting community.
Dan Farnsworth didn't last very long. Shocking.

jbug617

Banned
That's my 1st baseman. It's raining in KC
ZZkEd0.gif

Rotation or bullpen?

I'm guessing it has to be the former or he'd have gone back to the Giants.
Has to be rotation. Their current starting rotation is bad.
Santiago
Weaver
Tropano
I don't even know the other 2 are.

Heaney is out til Aug & Richards is out for the year with CJ Wilson

So....

Odor vs Bautista

giphy.gif

or

Ryan vs Ventura

RyanVentura_wj0xniob.gif

or

Barrett vs Pierzynski?

pierzynski_barrett1.gif

Upon reflection, I think I have to put 1) Ryan, the GOAT. 2) Barrett (because the recipient was Pierzynski and 3) Odor.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So....

Odor vs Bautista

giphy.gif

or

Ryan vs Ventura

RyanVentura_wj0xniob.gif

or

Barrett vs Pierzynski?

pierzynski_barrett1.gif

Upon reflection, I think I have to put 1) Ryan, the GOAT. 2) Barrett (because the recipient was Pierzynski and 3) Odor.

1. Ryan
2. Odor
3. Barrett (he looked like he pulled his punch a little big, but it might be the angle)

cashman

Banned
So are the Jays. Bautista was sliding hard and not trying to hurt Odor but just break up the throw. Close game and we need to gain those wins on the Orioles/Red Sox.

Let's shake hands because no one was to blame here. Just a big misunderstanding.

Except he wasn't.

"I had a hard slide at second base," Bautista said. "I could have injured [Odor]. I chose not to ... tried to send a message that I didn't appreciate getting hit [with a pitch]."

Top Bottom