• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
But... but this isn't even Michelob.

We're talking Michelob Ultra.

Not a Michelob, not a Michelob.

We're talking about Michelob Ultra.

man, i've had twelve of them thangs, gimme a break.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
You trying to fit into your yoga pants?

bum.jpg

Sports Illustrated weighs in...

Bautista had every right to be emotional about his home run last October and had every right to take umbrage at Bush and the Rangers for plunking him over his flip. What he doesn’t have is the right to barrel into Odor at second, taking an already charged situation and blowing it up...

...But if Bautista lit the match, then Odor piled on some extra explosives to ensure a bigger bang...

...Ultimately, though, blame baseball’s idiotic and pervasive atmosphere of policing itself for Sunday getting out of control...

...This is where Bryce Harper’s comments about the game being tired ring the most true: Its culture of toxic masculinity demands conformity and features a moral code that can’t condone bat flips but is somehow okay with plunkings and hard slides.

SaskBoy

This is the lamest excuse. Come on. "Yeah the pitcher hit me so I'm going to destroy the 2B knee".

Because that seems fair.

Isn't an excuse, but there was more to the incident than just a late slide.

So Matt Bush has indeed been human trash. He's had a long battle with addiction, found the bottom, worked his way back up thanks to the efforts and willingness of the Rangers. Hopefully he's found the right path and will become a better person.

What's Joey Bats' excuse?

Here's a hint to the Bautista backers: The answer is "no".

Hopefully he does become a better person. But he drove drunk and hurt someone. Hard not to think he's trash.

Did you go work at Air Canada Centre?

:p

I wish.

Looking at that slide, was it legal this season, nope, but it wasn't the worst slide I've seen to knock down an opposing teams player. Bautista got wrecked by that hit though. He needs to work on that. Hope it knocked some sense into him.

Texas still salty.

cashman

Banned
Odor is gonna have a nice long suspension.

The Rangers are a bunch of wusses.

Odor's lucky he got protection there. Pillar was zeroing in for the kill.

Glad Chavez plunked Fielder.

Definitely a sucker punch

After 3 strike outs and an error, I was more shocked that Odor was able to hit something....

giphy.gif

Oh look, something that mattered .

The Rangers just lit a fire under the Jays asses. What morons.

Fuck that dirty piece of shit.

Oh man, can't wait for MLB-GAF to be unbearable for the rest of the day.

It's Texas, they don't know any bigger words.

Mate, you sure are showing your true colors with the shit your spewing right now.

Typical America/Texas. Not the brightest.

The salt is real.

Rangers/their fans need to cut down on the salt. Their arteries must be hurting.

lol fuck off. Odor is human trash.

I wish.

Looking at that slide, was it legal this season, nope, but it wasn't the worst slide I've seen to knock down an opposing teams player. Bautista got wrecked by that hit though. He needs to work on that. Hope it knocked some sense into him.

Texas still salty.

Look at all these salty Rangers fans!

DireStr8s

Baseballs' so-called self policing is not idiotic, it's awesome

Live for today, tomorrow never comes

Die young

4 pints Long Hammer IPA , thee house beer

Look at all these salty Rangers fans!

I'm more salty about you and Bowflex thinking it's fine to take low blow shots and continue to goad Jays fans in this thread into a fight. Once more; way to show your true colors in this thread when it is generally civil and well meaning.

I'm more salty about you and Bowflex thinking it's fine to take low blow shots and continue to goad Jays fans in this thread into a fight. Once more; way to show your true colors in this thread when it is generally civil and well meaning.

Kettle, meet Pot. Pot, meet Kettle.

When we all know the true enemy are the Royals.

jk the Royals are alright.

cashman

Banned

???

Me as well as pretty much every other person in this thread is having fun here. It's Jays gaf who's getting pissy about this.

Bowflex

The Desmond bat flip an inning before Bats got owned was pretty great too:

lMic83F.gif

Haven't had time to watch many games or highlights so far this season.

That punch though? Damn. I've never seen a legit punch like that in baseball, at least not one I can remember.

oh my god shut the hell up already! you're not a persecuted minority, you're a Jays fan!
that's delusional about the fact that Jose Bautista, a guy I really used to admire,has become a GOD DAMN ASSHOLE. a very unpleasant human being the last few years.
he just has. you don't take out the second baseman after getting plunked. and FYI if they wanted to plunk him it wouldn't be in the 8th inning of a close game, nuh-uh no way. no way would the Rangers risk a game, not after last season when it came down to the last day.

any Jays fan defending Joey is nuts and a crybaby. period, end of story. you'd think Joey would learn that the best revenge is to win and get hits but apparently he needs a few more punches to the face to learn himself some humility. now every team knows how to take him out his game, throw nothing but inside fastballs, plunk and let him get in brawls, he'll spend time on the bench and be a non-factor.

We can't all be as classy as Joey Bats
101615_tor_bautista_fakes_out_fans_med_xha4k47t.gif

Votto looks up to him.

oh my god shut the hell up already! you're not a persecuted minority, you're a Jays fan!
that's delusional about the fact that Jose Bautista, a guy I really used to admire,has become a GOD DAMN ASSHOLE. a very unpleasant human being the last few years.
he just has. you don't take out the second baseman after getting plunked. and FYI if they wanted to plunk him it wouldn't be in the 8th inning of a close game, nuh-uh no way. no way would the Rangers risk a game, not after last season when it came down to the last day.

Rangers plunked Bautista in his last at bat, at home, when they knew they probably wouldn't see him again until next year. If you don't think that was legitimate you're just as delusional as you claim some of the Jays' fans are.

Only mistake Bautista made was not taking it right to Bush.

KodaRuss

Wow, just heard about all this Rangers/Jays fiasco. Had my head in the sand with DFW sports since the Stars got bounced.

Gotta say could not have happened to a better guy, what a punch.

imBask

Banned

any Jays fan defending Joey is nuts and a crybaby. period, end of story. you'd think Joey would learn that the best revenge is to win and get hits but apparently he needs a few more punches to the face to learn himself some humility. now every team knows how to take him out his game, throw nothing but inside fastballs, plunk and let him get in brawls, he'll spend time on the bench and be a non-factor.

is this a copypasta or is this for real?

I don't regularly post in MLB gaf but I wanted to comment on the punch

It was a good punch

I'd like this to be the end of it but then fielder gets pegged at his next at bat so I think the jays and rangers found a way to make their bad teams finally relevant, by having a rivalry full of chicken shit behavior (odor is the lesser offender here somehow. Anyone calling that a sucker punch is an idiot)

Aren't there babies that you should be throwing beer on

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
IN ASTROS NEWS THAT NO ONE BUT ME CARES ABOUT

Gattis called back up, Tucker Optioned, Kratz DFA'd (THANK THE LORD)

...so this means Gattis is going to start catching now.

May god have mercy on us all.

Gibbons was an idiot making those comments. And a double dumb ass for not apologizing when given the opportunity. No one in Toronto, save Zaun, defended him.

KodaRuss

I don't regularly post in MLB gaf but I wanted to comment on the punch

It was a good punch

I'd like this to be the end of it but then fielder gets pegged at his next at bat so I think the jays and rangers found a way to make their bad teams finally relevant, by having a rivalry full of chicken shit behavior (odor is the lesser offender here somehow. Anyone calling that a sucker punch is an idiot)

Aren't there babies that you should be throwing beer on

Bad? Finally relevant?

I agree with you that this should be over now. I hope this does not turn into something for years to come now. Every should have gotten their hits/plunks in, bury it and move on

ObiDin

I love how no one is talking about the selfish play by Bautista that cost his team an extra out, and maybe the game, all because he got his face caved in.

I love how no one is talking about the selfish play by Bautista that cost his team an extra out, and maybe the game, all because he got his face caved in.

Bush throwing at a guy in a close ball game was selfish as well. Lots of shit went down on both sides.

Beckx

hey i wonder if anyone is talking about that Cole/Lester duel

oh

save me MLB gaf i've fallen into a diablo 3 vortex. my kids and i played all afternoon yesterday and i missed the game.

BFIB

Bush throwing at a guy in a close ball game was selfish as well. Lots of shit went down on both sides.
Rangers need to accept the fact they blew their chances last year in the playoffs. No matter how many times they see that bat flip.

Same with yesterday. Bad blood spilled over, but again, hit the player, expect the consequences on a play at 2B.

Top Bottom