• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

zulux21

WTF that should have been a routine sac bunt, why wasn't the second baseman any where near first o_O

edit: either way bunt works, sac fly, TIE GAME!

Yeah but.

rmPhYsI.gif

Yordana still sucks.

zulux21

baseball really needs to rework interference plays. the right move by a fielder shouldn't be to throw the ball into a guy or follow through and punch a guy in the head to get the interference call.

the batter completely got in the way of the throw and it should have been called. even worse now that there was a two run home run. I mean I shouldn't be sitting here annoyed that if my catcher had punched the batter in the head with his follow through or thrown the ball into the head that he would have no doubt got the interference call but since he didn't do that he didn't get it.,

it's not over yet, but still it should be the bottom of the inning still tied.

edit: white sox should have just walked off. oh well hopefully the next batter can tie it and the white sox can then continue to go on to win this.

zulux21

bleh horrible ump calls are always gonna cost a team a few games a year. sucks that it happened today, but at least it wasn't the playoffs.

to be fair my pitcher should have pitched over the horrible call anyways.

C'mon stros... one more strike

don't worry they won thanks to the umps :p

The list of pitchers that have pitched 6 straight games with at least 10Ks

- Nolan Ryan
- Pedro Martinez
- Randy Johnson
- Chris Sale
- Clayton Kershaw

cashman

Banned
Tolleson is a closer with average stuff, who has now lost his command. It's time to get him out of these high leverage situations.

zulux21

He's not human. I refuse to believe he's human.

he is pretty good. Still wouldn't trade Chris Sale for him, but that mostly has to do with the fact that Kershaw is a year older and owed more this season than sale is owed this season and the next 2 combined :p

the big question is...
kershaw can opt out of his contract after the 2018 season (which if he continues to pitch like this he would no doubt do) chris sale is a free agent after the 2019 season.

if they both continue to do what they are doing this season until their contract is over... what likely deals do they get. (I have no doubt kershaw will get more, mostly because there is a good chance Sale signs some sort of hometown discount for the white sox since in general he is really mellow about the money and has stated multiple times that he is quite happy with his current pay as it is more than his family could ever need)

chris sale's strike outs are down this season, but that is because he is working on pitching more to contact and saving his heat for bigger situations (like verlander did in his prime) but clearly doing that hasn't made him a worse pitcher so far.

cashman

Banned
@DCameronFG
Clayton Kershaw has issued fewer walks in 70 IP than Shawn Tolleson has allowed home runs in 15 IP.

Dave Cameron with the burn

Plenty of time, but this team so far is just average.

Theyve had some bad luck. Based on BaseRuns/run differential, they're more like a 24 win team instead of the 20 they have. But those 4 games aren't coming back, so they have some ground to make up.

Wild card is still a definite possibility if the pitching works itself out. But maybe they miss the playoffs this year. No reason to think they won't be competitive again. Farm is going to make a big jump this year, I bet

My biggest problem is that the team is remarkably boring to watch. I think I normally watch most games in a season, but I just have so little interest this year.

BFIB

Theyve had some bad luck. Based on BaseRuns/run differential, they're more like a 24 win team instead of the 20 they have. But those 4 games aren't coming back, so they have some ground to make up.

Wild card is still a definite possibility if the pitching works itself out. But maybe they miss the playoffs this year. No reason to think they won't be competitive again. Farm is going to make a big jump this year, I bet

My biggest problem is that the team is remarkably boring to watch. I think I normally watch most games in a season, but I just have so little interest this year.

It drives me nuts how for the first time in 4 years, the pitching is struggling and it's all the focus. Meanwhile Matheny dodges every question about the offense. Mabry has to go, this team goes in with no plan for the pitcher they don't have a lot of experience with.

crpav

White Sox = sorry but not a first place team. Oh in the standing they are but won't be for long. I hate being a fan....

baseball really needs to rework interference plays. the right move by a fielder shouldn't be to throw the ball into a guy or follow through and punch a guy in the head to get the interference call.

the batter completely got in the way of the throw and it should have been called. even worse now that there was a two run home run. I mean I shouldn't be sitting here annoyed that if my catcher had punched the batter in the head with his follow through or thrown the ball into the head that he would have no doubt got the interference call but since he didn't do that he didn't get it.,

it's not over yet, but still it should be the bottom of the inning still tied.

edit: white sox should have just walked off. oh well hopefully the next batter can tie it and the white sox can then continue to go on to win this.
That umpire is a brain dead moron.

The details are private and the case is sealed. It’s only come to light because, for a time, Colon was acting as his own lawyer and was listed as “attorney of record,” so the Post found out about it, likely via some periodic search of court records for famous people I presume the tabloids do as a matter of course. The fact of Colon acting as his own attorney is probably worthy of its own post at a later time — my God, that would be amazing to see — but let’s let that go for now.

He really can do it all.

zulux21

White Sox = sorry but not a first place team. Oh in the standing they are but won't be for long. I hate being a fan....

Every team is going to go through a rough patch, and every team is going to have a hot streak. I mean the white sox are 1-5 in their last 6 games, but they only lost by a combined 7 runs in the losses and if you include the win their run differential is only -1 for that streak. they are all games that were easily winnable if the bullpen hadn't given up runs or if their bats had gotten a big hit with RISP. It's not the end of the world right now.

at some point this season even the braves will win 3 games in a row :p

it will be fine as long as the bullpen reestablishes. I mean the main reason the white sox are 1-5 in their last 6 games is because the bullpen went from overachieving to drastically under achieving (aka it went from like a 1 ERA to I think it's a 7ERA right now, it should be around a 3 in general). Matt Albers went from someone who was lights out for 33 appearances to someone repeatedly getting lit up. hopefully he rights things soon, but he is reminding me a lot of bobby jinks right now where once he lost his streak of excellence his edge went away and due to his lazy body training he couldn't get it back.

I mean mlb has him listed at 6'1" 225 which there is no way that is true, if he is 6'1" with his current build he is at least 275.

So my work has blocked videos on mlb.com. I can't watch any games at all now. When I click on the tv symbol it tells me that the video failed to load every time. Anyone have any ideas for how to get around that? I really want to watch the phils today.

crpav

Every team is going to go through a rough patch, and every team is going to have a hot streak. I mean the white sox are 1-5 in their last 6 games, but they only lost by a combined 7 runs in the losses and if you include the win their run differential is only -1 for that streak. they are all games that were easily winnable if the bullpen hadn't given up runs or if their bats had gotten a big hit with RISP. It's not the end of the world right now.

at some point this season even the braves will win 3 games in a row :p

it will be fine as long as the bullpen reestablishes. I mean the main reason the white sox are 1-5 in their last 6 games is because the bullpen went from overachieving to drastically under achieving (aka it went from like a 1 ERA to I think it's a 7ERA right now, it should be around a 3 in general). Matt Albers went from someone who was lights out for 33 appearances to someone repeatedly getting lit up. hopefully he rights things soon, but he is reminding me a lot of bobby jinks right now where once he lost his streak of excellence his edge went away and due to his lazy body training he couldn't get it back.

I mean mlb has him listed at 6'1" 225 which there is no way that is true, if he is 6'1" with his current build he is at least 275.

Yeah I know but seems the White Sox, after the hot start, have all too often modes. Hardly hit and strike out WAY TOO MUCH, hit just enough to let bullpen lose it for them(still strike out TOO MUCH) or hit well but pitching sucks whole game and bullpen loses it.

As a whole they are striking out way too much and Abreu is just not delivering. Watching strike 3 last night with bases loaded? Come on. He is either 0 for or 1-4/1-5 all the time lately. Albers throwing a meat ball on an 0-2 count with a base open? Come on!

Yes I will eat crow when the heat up and I do take it way too seriously but it's frustrating.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So my work has blocked videos on mlb.com. I can't watch any games at all now. When I click on the tv symbol it tells me that the video failed to load every time. Anyone have any ideas for how to get around that? I really want to watch the phils today.
Get a new job.

Top Bottom