• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So my work has blocked videos on mlb.com. I can't watch any games at all now. When I click on the tv symbol it tells me that the video failed to load every time. Anyone have any ideas for how to get around that? I really want to watch the phils today.
try the ip address instead of the dns? /shrug

zulux21

Yeah I know but seems the White Sox, after the hot start, have all too often modes. Hardly hit and strike out WAY TOO MUCH, hit just enough to let bullpen lose it for them(still strike out TOO MUCH) or hit well but pitching sucks whole game and bullpen loses it.

As a whole they are striking out way too much and Abreu is just not delivering. Watching strike 3 last night with bases loaded? Come on. He is either 0 for or 1-4/1-5 all the time lately. Albers throwing a meat ball on an 0-2 count with a base open? Come on!

Yes I will eat crow when the heat up and I do take it way too seriously but it's frustrating.
I think your expecations are just way way to high.

the white sox as a team are 20th in strike outs meaning 19 teams strike out more than them. (they are 100 under the leader, the astros, and struck out 67 times more than the angels who are like 30 less than the next closest so the white sox really don't strike out that much comparably)

as for hitting, average wise the white sox are 14th, meaning they are in the middle of the pack, OBP 11th. Not amazing but hardly bad and likely good enough with what is still one of the best pitching staffs in the AL despite the recent bumpiness.

I mean heck even if we just look at with runners in scoring position the white sox then become 11th in average and 7th in OBP meaning that they are doing decently with RISP (11th and 10th respectively if you want with 2 outs)

the offense is good enough and will likely be improved with a trade (or just likely improved by bringing up tim anderson), the pitching is good and will likely have a few changes with trades as well as a couple pitchers are starting to look like weaker links and can be improved upon. Overall unless the pitching staff gets seriously hurt there is little reason to think that the white sox can't stay at or near the top of the division, it's just a rough patch right now which makes it easy to think the sky is falling, but as I said, it's not like they were blow outs, all of the games were easily winnable if there was just a bit better timing on some things.

Chase17

Wow, what a play by the KC SS.

Edit: Shoot, amazing throw from Dyson.

Edit2: JBJ had me worried there for a bit. Welp, Wright at least had a good game.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Royals win the series despite being perpetually confused by the same 67mph knuckle ball for eight innings.

RBH

I just saw the highlights of Khris Davis from last night's A's/Rangers game.

Damn, it'd be nice to have someone with even half of his power on our team right now (or in our system aside from Riley).

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I just saw the highlights of Khris Davis from last night's A's/Rangers game.

Damn, it'd be nice to have someone with even half of his power on our team right now (or in our system aside from Riley).

Juan Yepez, my friend. Juan Yepez.

Wow, what a play by the KC SS.

Edit: Shoot, amazing throw from Dyson.

Edit2: JBJ had me worried there for a bit. Welp, Wright at least had a good game.

At work so I only loosely followed the game via the web app. Taking care of business against one of the hottest teams in the league feels good. Hope they can continue the streak tonight.

AL Central looking wiiiiiide open.

WHHHOOOOOISSSSHHHHHH /Windu's post slides in.

Yeah, I hate that. The #1 problem with baseball nowadays is the broadcasts. Fox and ESPN mainly. Horrible announcers and presentation. (Give me TBS back with skip and Pete)

WHHHHHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHH ZOOOOOOOMMMMMMM /Windu's Post slides out.

It's why I only watch baseball games in person and listen on the radio. Since Vin is blacked out in LA I don't watch baseball on TV at all anymore. Awful announcing on TV and full of nonsense and catering to lowest common fan denominator.

Beckx

It's why I only watch baseball games in person and listen on the radio. Since Vin is blacked out in LA I don't watch baseball on TV at all anymore. Awful announcing on TV and full of nonsense and catering to lowest common fan denominator.

imagine a world where - in addition to a working browser client and high quality video - MLB.TV's park audio option actually worked.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
ibg0Vwz.jpg

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/05/18...d=733088831608590342&adbpl=tw&adbpr=241544156
Yeah, radio is much better. (Listening to the braves on the radio right now). Best of both worlds is MLB.tv's radio sync with the TV feed though.

Top Bottom