• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

JDeluis

Bolsinger walking the first batter and Mike Trout already having a home in the first inning pretty much confirms the angels won this game already.

zulux21

another day, another bad ump call causing the white sox to be two runs down (in the 7th there was a pitch that should have been ball 4, wasn't even close, ump blew the call and if everything else played out as it did the game would have been tied 5-5)

but whatever. streaks of good luck, streaks of bad luck also part of the game.

it's painful to watch this right now, but it's just a bad span of games.

ideally tomorrow the bad stuff will break and the white sox will go back to winning.

JDeluis

Should of left bolsinger in and let him give up a grand slam, instead of the stupidity that is happening right now.

What a fucking embarrassment. And they still haven't changed the pitcher that already gave up 5 fucking runs!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
gjmx3lS.png

Giants Win

Back to back complete games with Bum and Cueto. This year is soooo much better with those two and Shark even with the end of our rotation being crap.

Listening to Vin Scully do the Dodger game last night.

That man is a treasure, the likes of which we'll never see again. When he goes, we're never again going to hear the stories, get into the flow of the game or feel the mood set like he can, ever.

I know he's been getting incredible amounts of attention and praise lately. But if anyone's earned it, that man certainly has.

His description of Mike Trout last night was just fantastic. I will butcher the quote but it went something like 'if you were to play God for a moment, and you wanted to create the perfect ballplayer. Well, that ballplayer would be a lot like Mike Trout'. With that cadence, and of course I know I've missed some of the subtleties he added to that line, and it's by no means near his greatest. But here's a guy that has been broadcasting baseball games since 1950 and he can still go on about a young ballplayer and he can recognize the greatness unclouded by nostalgia for a past time.

The man can talk about beards, dirt, or the father of a cousin of a Priates' backup second baseman and dammit if it isn't the most interesting thing you'll hear that day.

Reading that SI article this week on Vin, man, someone was chopping onions or something when I was reading it.

JDeluis

I think he knew they lost and he wanted to give Hernandez a chance to get something going because he's been absolutely dreadful at the plate lately.

Not playing everyday has affected him very badly, but at the same time has given Thompson the opportunity to get better since Hernandez world have played the outfield.

Top Bottom