• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

I don't think these changes to the Jays' lineup achieve anything at all. They just need a lead off hitter with some speed to get Donaldson more fastballs and that usually gets the ball rolling for the rest of the lineup.

Gotta love Mets fan pessimism. It makes this thread a lot more enjoyable.

kevin_wine_by_fire.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Why retractable roof though?
I think all domed baseball stadiums built recently have retractable roofs. Plus being in a stadium with a roof sucks IMO. Astros games feel weird with the roof closed, basically you are watching the game in a big warehouse.

Matt Niese, bububu mechanics. Awful fucking pitching. Knew this team blew their shot against a mediocre KC team, only fitting for this franchise. Seen enough, team is fucked, most arms don't last, shame, Harvey's a shell of himself.

I mean, we've had this discussion in here several times already, but I'll bite. The Mets lost to a superior Royals team last season. They didn't choke or give anything away.

You all were hyping your pitching lineup like it was the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and KC hit off them like they hit off everyone last year. It started with the first fucking pitch of the Series going deep for an inside the park homerun and didn't let up. DeGrom got hit. Harvey got hit. Thor showed up and did amazing, which is no surprise.

I realize it might make Mets fans feel better (worse?) to go all revisionist, but it's absurd. The last moment it looked like you were in control was the minute before Gordon took Familia deep in the bottom of the ninth in game one.

The Mets defense was absurdly bad, and that makes it very difficult to win a series against a team that puts the ball in play. Murphy was a disaster. Duda was a disaster. Cespedes is allegedly awesome, and played like shit.

The best defense the Mets played last year was Colon representing himself in court to hide his secret second family.

Top Bottom