• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
VUqHVDG.gif

KingBroly

Banned
Seattle needs a new yard? What?

And LA? What are you talking about? This is insane.

I'm saying some places need Retractable roofs, and provided examples of teams that have them out of necessity, because of the weather being not so great sometimes. Teams like the Dodgers would do well with a retractable roof, as would Tampa.

gamz

I think all domed baseball stadiums built recently have retractable roofs. Plus being in a stadium with a roof sucks IMO. Astros games feel weird with the roof closed, basically you are watching the game in a big warehouse.

Agreed but going to Milwaukee games when it's cold and rainy you appreciate that roof.

Agreed but going to Milwaukee games when it's cold and rainy you appreciate that roof.

Yep. And when the pavement was melting outside when I went to the Astro game in August I loved the dome there too.

Retractable roof places are better than baking in 90+ degrees and humidity.

Meier

I usually just tweet with rc and nanoghost about the Dodgers but how fucking shitty are we? Clayton doesn't deserve to play for a team that is this bad.

Chris R

I haven't been to a game in the park at Arlington, but from the outside it seemed like a nice enough stadium. It is two years older than Turner, so I guess stadiums over twenty years old get the boot now.

It has to be roughly in the same area right? Since it has to be surrounded by parking lots since there is ZERO mass transit options in the immediate area... Going to a Dallas Stars game was so easy with the light rail train station like 100 feet from the arena.

I'm saying some places need Retractable roofs, and provided examples of teams that have them out of necessity, because of the weather being not so great sometimes. Teams like the Dodgers would do well with a retractable roof, as would Tampa.

Ok, but I still don't get why you included Seattle in that list. Safeco has a retractable roof. The stadium is beautiful.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
new mock draft from mlb.com

First i have seen Senzel up so high
1. Phillies: A.J. Puk, LHP, Florida
Puk has been inconsistent this spring, but at his best, he's still a hulking lefty with a mid-90s fastball and a wipeout slider. He has pitched well three of the last four weekends, and he seems to be Philadelphia's guy if he can stay on that roll. Plan B appears to be the top high school position player (California outfielder Mickey Moniak), with the best college position player (Mercer outfielder Kyle Lewis) also in the running. Whoever it is, he'll sign for well south of the assigned pick value of $9,015,500, putting the Phillies in position to spend big on later selections.

2. Reds: Nick Senzel, 3B, Tennessee
Cincinnati would be very interested in Puk if the Phillies pass. If not, the Reds likely would choose between Senzel, the best pure hitter in the college ranks, and flashy Puerto Rican shortstop Delvin Perez, who has the highest ceiling in this prep crop.

3. Braves: Kyle Lewis, OF, Mercer
Atlanta is the first team in play on a high school pitcher and prefers Pint to Groome. But with a shortage of college bats and a $12.4 million bonus pool that will allow the Braves to spend big on someone who drops to picks Nos. 40 and 44, the better play could be to grab Lewis here and pounce on a prep arm who drops.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/179142756/aj-puk-at-no-1-in-latest-mlb-mock-draft?topicid=151437456

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Giants getting tested soon
Fuck they're playing some great baseball lately.:(

http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2016/5/19/11718948/sf-giants-recap-road-trip-w00t

Or, to put it another way, the last time the Giants had an eight-game winning streak with 29 runs scored, it was August, and they started the streak 13 games behind the first-place Dodgers. That regular season ended on a home run from Bobby Thomson that won the pennant, won the pennant, won the pennant. The Giants haven't had a pitching-dominated winning streak like this since New York.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
To commemorate Bartolo Colon's first career home run, Forever Collectibles is releasing a special bobblehead of the 42-year-old New York Mets pitcher.

The bobblehead features Colon swinging in front of the Citi Field Apple, with a newspaper beneath him that reads "Oldest Pitcher in MLB History Hits a Home Run." What makes this bobblehead truly special, though, is that the stomach also bobbles.

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1030353?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
http://www.clarktoys.com/baconyomecoh.html

I usually just tweet with rc and nanoghost about the Dodgers but how fucking shitty are we? Clayton doesn't deserve to play for a team that is this bad.
We don't have the consistent pop & pitching is bad. It's usually only one player doing damage and the rest stink up the place. And we have way to many offensive players where the lineups are always different. We may need to unload on some to get pitching. Our best player right now besides Seager is a bench player(Thompson)

Dodgers take the L. Release Crawford, trade Puig for a pitcher.

Beckx

@DTonPirates

Liriano Loss
7IP 7H 2R 2ER 2BB 4K 1HR 94-62

Locke Win:
7IP 6H 2R 2ER 2BB 6K 1HR 97-66

highlights how well Teheran pitched for the braves weds i guess.

and maybe I'm too harsh on Locke

BFIB

So the Cards have to make a decision on who to send down once Pham returns. Probably Tejada. Glad we didn't spend a lot.

KingBroly

Banned
Ok, but I still don't get why you included Seattle in that list. Safeco has a retractable roof. The stadium is beautiful.

I'm saying it makes sense for Seattle to have a retractable roof because of their location and the weather that goes along with it.

EDIT: The Rangers don't need a new ballpark.

Top Bottom