• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Choomp

Banned
That would've been a really tough play by Cabrera but I was expecting him to make it just based on how his defense has been this year up to this point. Now it's just been a shitshow, so it goes

BumRush

The Mets - as much as I love them - are missing two HUGE world series pieces: defense and speed. Oh, and for some reason, Matt Harvey is absolutely terrible these days.

LJ11

Matt Niese, bububu mechanics. Awful fucking pitching. Knew this team blew their shot against a mediocre KC team, only fitting for this franchise. Seen enough, team is fucked, most arms don't last, shame, Harvey's a shell of himself.

KingBroly

Banned
Z4owdYe.png

Win .GIFs and some Even Year Magic.

I assume WAS/BAL will win out over last year. I forget when Baltimore had that 0 attendance game and Tampa Bay games.

It's crazy seeing crowds of 40k at a game in May though. I've been to like 10 games at Safeco the past few years, most I've seen was probably around 30k.

That was cool over the weekend. I went to a Saturday game against KC in April and it was full, but it was also Cruz bobble head night.

Choomp

Banned
Matt Niese, bububu mechanics. Awful fucking pitching. Knew this team blew their shot against a mediocre KC team, only fitting for this franchise. Seen enough, team is fucked, most arms don't last, shame, Harvey's a shell of himself.

I can relate.(but issok, I think I'm not ready to panic yet) That KC shade was unnecessary they were really good :(

KingBroly

Banned
The Mets - as much as I love them - are missing two HUGE world series pieces: defense and speed. Oh, and for some reason, Matt Harvey is absolutely terrible these days.

Isn't he the guy that had the innings limit last year but said 'fuck you I'm playing in the postseason'?

LJ11

Alright well this is a bit much it's really early in the season, let's not go classic Met fan on this yet. (Also that Royals team was probably the best team in the league last year, they played like they deserved that thing all postseason)

Nah, I'm good. Its Noah and Matz (history of arm issues), and ????? Who's going to rescue this rotation? Harvey is awful, de Groms k rate and whiffs have gone off a cliff. If you're a fan and don't see the writing on the wall then you haven't been one long enough.

Loco4Coco

I don't understand, Harvey was pitching fine and throwing in the high 90's during spring training. Once the season started the wheels came off.

Nah, I'm good. Its Noah and Matz (history of arm issues), and ????? Who's going to rescue this rotation? Harvey is awful, de Groms k rate and whiffs have gone off a cliff. If you're a fan and don't see the writing on the wall then you haven't been one long enough.

ScreenShot2013-06-17at11.24.00AM_crop_north.jpg

Our true Dark Knight shall return.

KingBroly

Banned
At first he said "fuck you, I ain't pitching." Then the backlash got him to continue pitching.

Hope he comes back with a "Fuck you, I shouldn't have pitched" lol

The same thing happened to Strasburg. People criticized that to hell and back, but at least his arm didn't fall off.

Hope he comes back with a "Fuck you, I shouldn't have pitched" lol

The same thing happened to Strasburg. People criticized that to hell and back, but at least his arm didn't fall off.

It's not the velo.

His mechanics are a fucking mess. And he's always been mentally fragile. It's got into his head, not sure if it's gonna be fixable.

The fucking Bills, I mean this week alone...

The Knicks will win in the next few years because I haven't given a fuck about the NBA for over a decade. God I hate sports fandom.

At least the Bills are perpetually shitty so I never have any expectations anymore.

I actually dared to think the Mets might be decent this year.

Reminder, never have hope.

BumRush

I - being Mr Optimistic - think deGrom will be okay. Harvey? He looks absolutely lost.

At least the Bills are perpetually shitty so I never have any expectations anymore.

I actually dared to think the Mets might be decent this year.

Reminder, never have hope.

They're still over .500 though, Frozen. We're 10 days removed from them being on fire. Ebbs and flows...ebbs and flows.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Posted?

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

Lincecum passed physical, deal with angels complete. Lincecum gets a $2.5M contract plus $1.7M incentives #angels

I - being Mr Optimistic - think deGrom will be okay. Harvey? He looks absolutely lost.

They're still over .500 though, Frozen. We're 10 days removed from them being on fire. Ebbs and flows...ebbs and flows.

Offense can afford to be hot and cold when the pitching is alright.

The pitching ain't alright.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Baseball Tonight ‏@BBTN

Largest Increase in ERA From Last Season:
Zack Greinke - 3.42
Sonny Gray - 3.11
David Price - 3.08
Matt Harvey - 3.06

Kuroyume

Banned
At least they play tomorrow... May take the sting off.

It's May so it's too early to get crazy. I reserve that for July. But yeah, watching Harvey this season has been fustrating as fuck.

Top Bottom