• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Choomp

Banned
Just traded Kenta Maeda for Buster Posey in fantasy, I'm crushed but I desperately needed a catcher. Good luck Mae-Ken :(

The replay stuff is getting annoying, but I'm getting tired of hearing Ronnie complain about it lol

Hasn't been one of 30 or more since 2011. Would love to see him get there.
Yeah that would be cool.

I thought he might be able to break at least the Red Sox record, but I couldn't believe he's only half way there, and the top spot is held by Dom DiMaggio. I didn't even know Joe had a brother; or atleast one who was any good at baseball at least

BumRush

Yeah that would be cool.

I thought he might be able to break at least the Red Sox record, but I couldn't believe he's only half way there, and the top spot is held by Dom DiMaggio. I didn't even know Joe had a brother; or atleast one who was any good at baseball at least

Joe has 56. Dom had 34.

I highly doubt the Mets are willing to spend money on a guy.

We'll make a trade where the other team eats a bad 1B contract. That's what's gonna happen.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I highly doubt the Mets are willing to spend money on a guy.

We'll make a trade where the other team eats a bad 1B contract. That's what's gonna happen.
Loney can be signed for the pro-rated veteran minimum. It would literally cost the Mets nothing.

gamz

I wish we could have kept him, but he was always going to be a loaner. I love everything about his game, attitude, focus. Stellar community guy, too.

It's weird because Rays fans were legitimately cheering KC on the won it all for Zobrist. If the Cubs make it this year against anyone other than KC, they'll have my sword.

The dude is a machine. Just plays the game so well. I really had my doubts because of his age, but seeing him everyday just doing his thing is a complete pleasure. A no nonsense baseball player.

BigAT

.500!

s8MM5qf.gif

Nice play from Didi to end it.

clemenx

Banned
K-Rod may have not been elite after his first few Angel years but it's pretty remarkable for a reliever to last 15 good seasons.

At the time it wasn't enough. Harvey in 2013 had the best pitching season since Pedro in 99'. He was worth well more than that.

By what metric? Arguably he wasn't even the best pitcher in the NL in 2013. He pitched only 178.1 innings, 58 less than Kershaw, yet had a higher ERA. He finished 4th for Cy Young and gave the Mets a mere 9 wins and a year of Tommy John recovery.

That's only in 2013, not even counting obscene seasons like Greinke in 2009 etc.

Though I don't necessarily disagree about your premise, my point was that I'm sure many Mets fans would be more open to the trade now.

Top Bottom