• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

I am not surprised by the Jays losing.

At this point, my goal of seeing competitive ball into August and September is looking to be a fleeting dream like usual.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Adam Rubin‏ @AdamRubinESPN

Matt Harvey headed into Terry Collins' office now. So I suppose we will have an official verdict this morning.

BumRush

Adam Rubin‏ @AdamRubinESPN

Matt Harvey headed into Terry Collins' office now. So I suppose we will have an official verdict this morning.

I don't see any way around sending him down. It sure as hell doesn't look like he needs the DL (he was throwing 97 last night).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I don't see any way around sending him down. It sure as hell doesn't look like he needs the DL (he was throwing 97 last night).

Matt's ego will probably prevent him from being sent down. They will most likely come up with a fake injury, let him work on the side, make a few "rehab" starts, and then bring him back on.

Edit : Wtf

Mike Puma‏ @NYPost_Mets
Harvey will make his next start says Collins.

BumRush

Matt's ego will probably prevent him from being sent down. They will most likely come up with a fake injury, let him work on the side, make a few "rehab" starts, and then bring him back on.

Edit : Wtf

Mike Puma‏ @NYPost_Mets
Harvey will make his next start says Collins.

Wait, nooooooooo! We need him for a playoff run. He isn't getting better up here.

I was at the Mets Nats game where Harvey got destroyed. boos were pretty loud. if this guy sucks it up again, gonna be rough out there. thought dl stint with a few rehab starts would have been nice.

jbug617

Banned
I just don't see the Mets trading Harvey but I think Dombrowski would be all over it if he was made available.

Also what is up with ESPN and trading Yankees. They are playing pretty good now but for the past week they had articles about trading Beltran and Miller.

Malo

Banned
I just don't see the Mets trading Harvey but I think Dombrowski would be all over it if he was made available.

Also what is up with ESPN and trading Yankees. They are playing pretty good now but for the past week they had articles about trading Beltran and Miller.
Even if they continue to play well, they should entertain offers for any one the team, especially for Miller. Sounds like they might have a bidding war on their hands if Miller is made available.

Look at what the Phillies got for Giles.

They'd be stupid not to trade Miller if they get a deal like that or better.

And yeah, I'm hopeful we can parlay Harvey into some assets from the Sox. The Mookie dream is dead (probably) but Devers would be sweet.

Look at what the Phillies got for Giles.

They'd be stupid not to trade Miller if they get a deal like that or better.

And yeah, I'm hopeful we can parlay Harvey into some assets from the Sox. The Mookie dream is dead (probably) but Devers would be sweet.

Velasquez makes that trade worth it alone

zulux21

here's hoping the white sox can win today, and have this series be a wash. and then against all odds take 3 out of 4 against KC to make this week a wash @_@

Maybe Devon Travis will make watching the Blue Jays interesting again.

One of the more frustrating problems with this season is that the team is kind of boring. At least the starting pitching has been stellar.

Beckx

Caminero has been diagnosed with Too Dangerous to Keep Letting Him in Games and placed on the DL. It sucks but its the right call, guy throws way too hard and is putting people at risk.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Cleveland is understandably in basketball mode but talking to folks around town they're really sleeping on the Indians atm.

zulux21

I really don't get the balk call on quintana (which caused an extra run and now extra pitches). he stepped towards first, didn't twitch weirdly or anything.

it seems like a case where the runner was going on first movement, and just because they decided to throw to first and the runner was easily out it was called a balk because he was so easily out and they figured the pitcher did something wrong even though they didn't see anything wrong.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Christ almight Dylan Gee was absolutely awful today. Gave up 10 hits and 6 runs without even making an out in the 5th.

Top Bottom