• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
missed the game. How did Urias look?

A7BjphVl.png

Velcro Fly

Man I was so worried Zobrist was going to be the type of FA signing where the guy gets paid and does jack shit but he has put those fears to bed over and over again

BumRush

Man I was so worried Zobrist was going to be the type of FA signing where the guy gets paid and does jack shit but he has put those fears to bed over and over again

He's been a very consistent player but with the added protection of the Cubs lineup he's an absolute beast.

zulux21

bleh jackson screwed up bad there. he didn't have to sprint back towards first and since he did and the guy dropped it he was dead trying to go to second.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Bu bu bu but hes good defensively!

Bring Merrifield back to the infield, put Dyson in left and fire Infante from a fucking canon.

zulux21

why wouldn't you walk hosmer :/

edit: they actually got him out... 1 out of 4 isn't so bad...
still.. why wouldn't you walk him with runners on second and third and 1 out o_O

Silkworm

http://i.imgur.com/A7BjphVl.png[img][/QUOTE]

I knew Urias was going to be pulled up sometime soon, but I'm a little surprised they'd have him start on the road on a big stage like in New York. Figured they'd try to put him up against a weaker team than the Mets and in the comfy confines of Dodger stadium. But I guess trial by fire works too ;-) Either way, experience gained for Urias, and the Dodgers almost stole that game, except Baez happened :-p

Chase17

Falling apart here

Edit: oh, didn't see the news that clay is getting sent to the pen until now

Edit 2: and we've blown the lead

zulux21

so at this point I say there is a 5% chance the white sox win this.

the bullpen just needs to give up less than 6 runs in 4 innings >.<;

zulux21

Padres and White Sox discussing a James Shields trade.

don't know how I feel about that.

that is a lot of money for a 4th/5th starter.

I suppose as long as it's just money and not anything major from the farm it would be fine and could replace latos. though I suppose they would likely replace Miguel González instead.

edit: I guess the last year is actually merely a 2 mil opt out for the team so that isn't so bad. I figure Erik Johnson would be the starting point there as if he could translate his minors success to the majors he would be a great addition to a rotation.

edit2: I suppose at the very least he is a decent right hander, and given the white sox have 2.5 quality left handers (rodon is the half, he hasn't earned the right to be called quality yet) it would be good to have a stable right hander in the rotation as well. would pair nicely with carson fulmer if fulmer can get straightened out.

jbug617

Banned
don't know how I feel about that.

that is a lot of money for a 5th starter.

I suppose as long as it's just money and not anything major from the farm it would be fine and could replace latos. though I suppose they would likely replace Miguel González instead.

Keith Law mentioned Tim Anderson as a possibility

zulux21

Keith Law mentioned Tim Anderson as a possibility

then screw that trade so hard.

no way in hell I would be happy with anderson or fulmer being traded for shields. Most other players would be fine, but not one of those two.

I'm still hoping the white sox call up anderson soon to bring some life into the short stop position as old man rollins looks like he needs a long nap. Anderson still needs to work on his defense a bit and learn how to take more walks, but he is still hitting over .300 and is dangerous on the basepath.

Game was interesting at least

Edit: holy shit. Martin didn't strike out. Travis didn't whiff. And whomever that 1b for Boston really has to make that catch.

Parch

Wow. Back and forth but the Jays steal that one. Didn't expect them to get to Kimbrel and didn't expect Martin to be clutch. Big win.

zulux21

shit.. this doesn't look good.
im sorry KC fans.

he looks like he is in a ton of pain.

hopefully it is nothing major.

at least he is walking off with help, but yeah, hopefully it's just a bruise and he will just be out a few days. he is one of the best catchers in the game and is fun to watch to play.

Top Bottom