• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

JDHarbs

Downhill? You haven't seen shit yet! Wait until I link to my Royals fan fiction site.

I'm working on one now where after hitting a game winning 6 run grand slam Hosmer trots over to the field level seats where I'm sitting, kisses me and it cures my shingles.
Did you just spoil Moneyball 2 for me?

...How did KC all of a sudden end up in first? White Sox could have been 6 games up damn

White Sox got swept by Royals and were losing before that. Their bullpen hasn't been great at all lately. 15 runs given up by CWS bullpen 7th inning or later in the three games to KC. Plus, Royals have won 5 straight series now including two series against the Sox.

prag16

Banned
"Self-evidently wrong" = you've got nothing to counter. Sounds good.
Multiple people including me have already explained why your claim is bullshit, as far back as last November. You're simply a very bad troll at this point, doing nothing other than shitting up this thread.

At least in the heat of the moment back then, "rah rah domination" claims from Royals fans were more understandable. But 8 months later, you're just trying too hard, and yes, are self evidently wrong. No further bait from you will be dignified by a response.

Lexxism

41nnJlx.gif

wbsmcs

The Braves franchise from 1876 to 2016 has played 20,910 games. They are 10,384-10,373.

I give them 14 more games this year until they sit at exactly .500.

Edit: wait those numbers don't add up..maybe something to do with games before 1900 being hard to record or something.

DireStr8s

Watched "The Battered Bastards of Baseball" last night on Netflix. Recommended if you haven't yet seen it.

Stated at the end that there are currently around 60 independent clubs . Anyone here follow independent baseball?

Finally beat the Braves. It only took our worst pitcher and putting our two worst hitters into the lineup.

Ozuna getting booed by 50,000+ as he did his home run trot in the 9th is definitely my favorite moment of the season. That was awesome lmao

RBH

What are they going to do with old Turner Field.

Turner Field is going to be sold to Atlanta-based real estate firm Carter and Georgia State University.

The Carter-Georgia State team plan involves a $300 million mix of student housing, apartments, retail and the conversion of Turner Field into a football stadium. Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed publicly endorsed the Georgia State team when it first announced its interest in the site early last year.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/turner-field-to-be-sold-to-georgia-state-and-devel/nppZC/

GSU-Turner-Plans.jpg

Watched "The Battered Bastards of Baseball" last night on Netflix. Recommended if you haven't yet seen it.

Stated at the end that there are currently around 60 independent clubs . Anyone here follow independent baseball?

I'v played Independent ball. Mostly (majority really) Semi-pro but I cracked a Pecos league roster for a few weeks.

Most are Texas and the East Coast, the Atlantic League is pretty much AAAA level baseball, it's fairly high level.

I couldn't even get close to it. There are several "big" leagues and a few general affiliated teams that play exhibition seasons.

zulux21

The Braves franchise from 1876 to 2016 has played 20,910 games. They are 10,384-10,373.

I give them 14 more games this year until they sit at exactly .500.

Edit: wait those numbers don't add up..maybe something to do with games before 1900 being hard to record or something.
perhaps there are a number of tied games?

early baseball had ties.

"Break a Leg, Chase" signs being held by Dodger fans at Citi.

Never change, Dodger fans.

You should check out "the only rule is that it has to work" from the Effectively Wild podcast guys. They convinced an independent ball team to let them GM for a season. It's a great read.

BumRush

There's a team relatively close to me in NY that is a fun time (cheap seats, surprisingly high quality of baseball, etc).

In its history, the following players have played for the team: Sean burroughs, edgardo alfonzo, lew ford, Jay gibbons, dontrelle Willis and many more.

DireStr8s

I'v played Independent ball. Mostly (majority really) Semi-pro but I cracked a Pecos league roster for a few weeks.

Most are Texas and the East Coast, the Atlantic League is pretty much AAAA level baseball, it's fairly high level.

I couldn't even get close to it. There are several "big" leagues and a few general affiliated teams that play exhibition seasons.

Nice! Mind if I ask what position you played?

"Break a Leg, Chase" signs being held by Dodger fans at Citi.

Never change, Dodger fans.

You should check out "the only rule is that it has to work" from the Effectively Wild podcast guys. They convinced an independent ball team to let them GM for a season. It's a great read.

I'll definitely check that out. Thanks!

Edit: @ Bumrush Sounds very cool. The documentary definitely piqued my attention. Need to see if Cincinnati has any teams nearby

Top Bottom