• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BigAT

XxhPW7E.gif

Yanks go from having a perfect game thrown against them, end with one hit, win. I'll take it.

Another nice start from Eovaldi and the bullpen did it's thing.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
MLB Stat of the Day ‏@MLBStatoftheDay

There have been 6 one-hitters across @MLB this season. The teams that threw them are … 3-3.

prag16

Banned
Glad you can find a silver lining from a Series where your team was totally dominated.

"Hey, we did really awesome on that one play! Too bad about all the ones that mattered."
I remember you were in the world series thread spewing the same hot bullshit.

Trailing every game but one in the 8th inning in no universe constitutes "dominating". Be happy your extremely opportunistic team took home the title, they earnes it, but there's no reason for this baiting nonsense.

That Mets blogs undoubtedly has bias, but you're equally as biased in the other direction.

As for this "macho man culture", some aspects of it are unavoidable in professorial sports. Where it CERTAINLY has no place is among officials. MLB umpires have a problem in this area that needs to be addressed. Love Syndergaard or hate him, that umpire was out of line.

As for the mention of the same thing happening in another game yestersay, what was the background? Was the pitcher immediately tossed from the game without even hitting the batter, with no prior warning issued? I doubt it.

It's unlikely the intent was even to hit Utley. He threw well behind him. Likely to rattle his cage and give him the middle finger without putting him on base. Obviously Utley had the last laugh, with a HUGE assist the ump.

Glad you can find a silver lining from a Series where your team was totally dominated.

"Hey, we did really awesome on that one play! Too bad about all the ones that mattered."

Dominated? lol. The Mets were winning every game late that they lost. The Mets tripped over themselves.

Dominated? lol. The Mets were winning every game late that they lost. The Mets tripped over themselves.

Our closer forgetting how to pitch (something that's carried over into this season BTW) and our awful infield defense in the 9th lost us the WS.

And whatever. It happened, we're TWO MONTHS into the next season now that shit is long done and forgotten.

zulux21

bases loaded one out. come on white sox stop this and win for once.
don't let KC have 3 straight come from behind wins against you :/

I know you won't.. and I really don't have hopes... but still...

nope they will do the thing I hate the most... walk in a run.
I would have much rather seen a grand slam :/

edit: wtf... I thought duke was warming up... he would at least have a chance of keeping it tied, why are they bringing in fat alberts :/

Haha White Sox.

Couldn't be bothered to answer all the Mets salt from last page. Yes, you got dominated. The game is nine innings. Nobody gives a shit that you scored less runs earlier in the game. Scoreboard matters after the 9th. You lost four of five.

Dominated.

Haha White Sox.

Couldn't be bothered to answer all the Mets salt from last page. Yes, you got dominated. The game is nine innings. Nobody gives a shit that you scored less runs earlier in the game. Scoreboard matters after the 9th. You lost four of five.

Dominated.

It's funny since the only salty person in the last two pages has been you.

No, we didn't get dominated, if you think that you probably need to look up the meaning of the word. You won, good for you, stop gloating it's been 8 months.

It's JUNE. The season is two months on now.

Choomp

Banned
Haha White Sox.

Dominated.

But how is that dominated? It's not.

zulux21

wade davis will have an off night.

NOT! :/

Tragic, why the constant mets hate dude?

I didn't bring up any hate. I said Thor apologists were in the wrong, and stand by that statement. Then a Mets fan said he regrets that Thor didn't hit Escobar in the fucking head. Think about that for a minute. He's sad a dude didn't get plunked in the head by a fastball.

That's more assholish in nature than anything Thor ever did.

I typically get a good laugh when Mets fans twist the narrative that they have away a series when they lost four out of five, but I'm fine if that's how people need to spin stuff.

But how is that dominated? It's not.

You were very nearly swept. I don't know what else to tell you. I guess we have different definitions of domination.

This thread has gone really downhill this year it seems when it comes to thinly veiled hate.

Yes, Tragicomedy, we get it, Thor was in the wrong. Be the better man and leave it be.

This thread has gone really downhill this year it seems when it comes to thinly veiled hate.

Yes, Tragicomedy, we get it, Thor was in the wrong. Be the better man and leave it be.

You're absolutely correct. I only got fired up when a regular posted that he wished Thor had hit our gold glove shortstop in the fucking head. That's pathetic. I called that trash out.

But I apologize for ruffling feathers.

Wader, check please. Break out the brooms.

You're absolutely correct. I only got fired up when a regular posted that he wished Thor had hit or gold glove shortstop in the fucking head. That's pathetic. I called that trash out.

But I apologize for ruffling feathers.

Good. I like the vast majority of the regulars here, but over the past month or so it's been insane how easy it is to light a match and this place devolves into taunting and general bad antics.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit

Downhill? You haven't seen shit yet! Wait until I link to my Royals fan fiction site.

I'm working on one now where after hitting a game winning 6 run grand slam Hosmer trots over to the field level seats where I'm sitting, kisses me and it cures my shingles.

Downhill? You haven't seen shit yet! Wait until I link to my Royals fan fiction site.

I'm working on one now where after hitting a game winning 6 run grand slam Hosmer trots over to the field level seats where I'm sitting, kisses me and it cures my shingles.

lol

hosdong is god

Chase17

Lost the series but at least it was entertaining throughout. Should be interesting to see where we stand against Baltimore over the next few games, think we are 1-3 against them so far this year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mets have activated Flores. Not sure who is getting sent down. Flores is playing 3rd base tonight since Wright is still out with his neck issue.

Loney is getting activated on Tuesday.

zulux21

I will say, I am hard pressed to remember a harder time to be a fan of my team.

even when they were losing nearly 100 games there wasn't any hope attached with the team.

jumping to a big lead, watching it fall apart, and then repeatedly lose games they should have won.

if the bullpen had done its job here the white sox would be 2.5 games in front of the indians and 5 in front of KC.

oh well, maybe the make up game in sept will be of importance for KC and the white sox can at least play spoiler.

Top Bottom