• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

gamz

Cub bullpen throwing a damn good game! Hope Hammel doesn't have anything too serious.

Their only "hit" was bullshit at best.

I period of time off isn't the worst thing. He's a first half pitcher for three straight years. Not a bad way to preserve him a bit.

Hey look, another "lucky" win late in the game from the team with the highest run differential in baseball after the 7th inning.

Back in my day, the better team was the one who scored runs early on in the game. Sad!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Baseball America on the july 2 international signing period

Braves expected to sign:

Kevin Maitan - SS - Venezuela - $4 million
Abrahan Gutierrez - C - Venezuela - $3.5 million
Yunior Severino - SS - DR - $2 million
Livan Soto - SS - Venezuela - $1 million
Juan Contreras - RHP - DR - $1 million

makeitrain.gif

Baseball America on the july 2 international signing period

Braves expected to sign:

Kevin Maitan - SS - Venezuela - $4 million
Abrahan Gutierrez - C - Venezuela - $3.5 million
Yunior Severino - SS - DR - $2 million
Livan Soto - SS - Venezuela - $1 million
Juan Contreras - RHP - DR - $1 million

makeitrain.gif

Braves really are banking Venezuela to be the next hotbed of baseball talent, eh?

clemenx

Banned
Venezuela was the "next hot bed" in the late 90s.

We're probably due to a stiff decline in Venezuelan born players for the next decade. This country is in the shitter and most MLB teams have stopped operations down here. All up to the local scouts.

Venezuela isn't declining. There's still a disproportionate amount of talent coming out of there, considering their population is barely over 30 million. KC fields three starters from there (2 gold glove/all stars).

I'd argue the only place more impressive is the Dominican Republic, given it has a third of the population.

How the hell do the f'ing ANGELS have a better record on May 31st than both the Astros and A's. What a world. Burn it all.

Venezuela isn't declining. There's still a disproportionate amount of talent coming out of there, considering their population is barely over 30 million. KC fields three starters from there (2 gold glove/all stars).

I'd argue the only place more impressive is the Dominican Republic, given it has a third of the population.

Would you say that, in terms of talent per capita, the Dominican Republic is... dominant?

Omar Infante is 2nd in voting for 2B hahahahaha

and Kendrys Morales who's currently batting .187 is 2nd for DH

what is even happening

Ballot box domination.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The players that are leading the ASG ballots:

AL:

C- Salvador Perez
1B- Eric Hosmer
2B- Jose Altuve
3B - Manny Machado
SS - Xander Bogaerts
OF - Mike Trout, Lorenzo Cain, Mark Trumbo
DH- David Ortiz

NL will be announced tomorrow.

Edit - Holy fuck, Campbell has been sent down to the minors. Praise the lord.

Edit 2 - Loney is batting 6th.

kris.

Banned

what is even happening

i do think Hoz, Salvy, and Cain are legit choices tho

Choomp

Banned
Loney took Murph's number, lol

That lineup actually isn't terrible in perspective. Third and the catcher might be problematic but it should be okay for the time being.

zulux21

The players that are leading the ASG ballots:

AL:

C- Salvador Perez
1B- Eric Hosmer
2B- Jose Altuve
3B - Manny Machado
SS - Xander Bogaerts
OF - Mike Trout, Lorenzo Cain, Mark Trumbo
DH- David Ortiz

NL will be announced tomorrow.

Edit - Holy fuck, Campbell has been sent down to the minors. Praise the lord.

Edit 2 - Loney is batting 6th.

heh adam eaton is worth more WAR than cain and trumbo comined and isn't even in the top 15... yet Melky Cabrera somehow is o_O

what is even happening

i do think Hoz, Salvy, and Cain are legit choices tho

cain would be a legit choice if adam eaton, jackie bradley jr., Mookie Betts all played for the NL, but they don't.

don't get me wrong, cain is a great player, but those players have all been quite a bit better than him so far this season and are more deserving.

Macattk15

heh adam eaton is worth more WAR than cain and trumbo comined and isn't even in the top 15... yet Melky Cabrera somehow is o_O

cain would be a legit choice if adam eaton, jackie bradley jr., Mookie Betts all played for the NL, but they don't.

don't get me wrong, cain is a great player, but those players have all been quite a bit better than him so far this season and are more deserving.

BUT DOES ADAM EATON HIT BOMBS? FANS LOVE BOMBS.

Most fans are idiots and the all-star voting is dumb, this is nothing new.

zulux21

BUT DOES ADAM EATON HIT BOMBS? FANS LOVE BOMBS.

Most fans are idiots and the all-star voting is dumb, this is nothing new.

oh I know. there wasn't a chance at all that eaton was gonna be picked as he has been doing stuff very quietly this season.

his defense has been amazing this season, but no one will really know that because he is making it look easy lol. no one wants to watch a guy react quickly and take a perfect route to a ball and catch it with ease where most other outfielders would not have a chance at all at it. They want to see the guy that reacts just well enough to get close enough to dive in a weird way and still make the catch :p.

Top Bottom